PDA

View Full Version : About to order - A4 or A6 ?

kssquared
26-05-2016, 11:20 PM
Hi All,

I am about to place an order for a 2.0l S-Tronic diesel saloon, but I am undecided whether to go for the A4 or A6. They work out more or less a similar cost on the leasing company website my company uses. Any thoughts would be welcomed.

AGW82
27-05-2016, 02:25 PM
Hi All,

I am about to place an order for a 2.0l S-Tronic diesel saloon, but I am undecided whether to go for the A4 or A6. They work out more or less a similar cost on the leasing company website my company uses. Any thoughts would be welcomed.

Hi kssquared, I've seen you post in the A6 forum as well.. I'm sure you'll be expecting the different forum sections to be supporting their own model.. :)

Probably the most obvious answer to give here is that it depends what your needs are?

Having been through a C7 A6, 2 B8 A4 Avants and now a B9 A4 Avant, I can say the A4 fits my needs far better than the A6 did, and the new B9 is just as polished and refined as the C7 from a cabin quality perspective. I found the A6 too big and wallowy for the type of driving I prefer, I also found the 2.0TDI engine rather underwhelming (that ws the old 177ps engine) for the size of the car. I generally cover around 20-25k miles a year, mainly motorway and A roads, and found all the cars to be comfortable for long and short distances. I have also always had S-Line models, and never found the suspension too hard, but then I do like a taught, sporty feel.

I have no doubt you would be happy which ever car you pick, but the C7 is becoming dated, and the B9 has all the benefits of being one of the very latest Audi models with all the latest tech. I have no doubt the new C8 will change the game again, but for now my money woudl be on the A4 all day long..

veltror
27-05-2016, 07:28 PM
I have had my 3.0 S-line Quattro A6 for four years now, just about to trade it for a new A4 S-line 2.0. I find the A6 is a bit big for my needs now. Sadly i waill be losing the AWD and sunroof, but gaining Virtula cockpit and some nice toys.

kssquared
27-05-2016, 08:32 PM
I have had my 3.0 S-line Quattro A6 for four years now, just about to trade it for a new A4 S-line 2.0. I find the A6 is a bit big for my needs now. Sadly i waill be losing the AWD and sunroof, but gaining Virtula cockpit and some nice toys.

That seems like quite a big change not only from size of car but engines as well. Did you consider the 2l A6 ?

veltror
29-05-2016, 01:25 PM
Sadly it was purely financial I would have preferred to keep the A6 but it is a done deal collecting it on Thursday, s-line, Virtula cockpit, hup displat etc et clots of options... but in white which is the worst thing about it.

am-a7
30-05-2016, 05:44 PM
Still a great car enjoy the tech