PDA

View Full Version : To Audi Cabriolet or not To........

hmeah
15-10-2007, 09:20 PM
I went to see a audi auto 1.8 turbo sports, 53 plate with one owner & 35k on the clock... all usual upgrades...

thing is when i drove it... the roof when rattling everything i went over a pothole or drain in the road.. is this common... i asked the owner and he said they all make noise and it was standard... he also said it could be the dust which has gathered between the roof and the windscreen... could this be?

i would like to know what major issues or problems i could face with this car.. and when things i should look for....

any assistance is appreciate.

thanks

:1zhelp:

galler
15-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Hi, Ive got a 1.8t sports 54 plate which has done 55k ( ex company car ) and have had no probs with the roof. No rattles so far. Maybe ask the owner to clean the recess and try to prove himself right! Has he had a new roof fitted maybe a patent part.
Plenty of cabs around this time of year so shop around if no joy.

hmeah
15-10-2007, 09:58 PM
thank for reply... its the original roof, owner did say he will clean the recess... going to pick up car on Thursday... will call him before hand to say i conducted some research & other audi's do not have the same noise...

the price i am paying is 15k, which i think is good> nah?

thanks

galler
15-10-2007, 11:46 PM
Good price for that mine cost £19495 but was from audi and went for the years warranty and 2 years free servicing. I suppose as long as it dont leak ( ask for hosepipe test) if you want they are not known to leak if it passes that then do the deal. good luck.