PDA

View Full Version : Audi Connect User Management - Not in MMI?

pyrochris
26-05-2016, 11:59 AM
Hey All,

Please be kind, this is my first post on the forum... migrating from a rice burner (Mitsi Evo).

So, having taken delivery of my shiny new A4 Avant TFSi, I am trying to set up all the Audi Connect bits and pieces.

I think I have done everything right so far, I have set up an account at my.audi.com, I have created a PIN, received and entered an mTAN code, been able to log in to my My.Audi account via the MMI in the car.

However, I am trying to complete the final stage to enable things like remote locking via the App etc, which is to enter the Vehicle ID from the plastic tag supplied with the keys into the MMI, via a User Management menu under Audi Connect. However, I don't appear to have a User Management menu, anywhere!!

Im sure I am doing something daft or missed a step somewhere, but I have been back over the instructions and can't for the life of me see what it is. Can anyone help please?!

Other than that, the Car seems lovely so far! More bells and whistles and trickery than enough :)

Appreciate any help that anyone can give?!

Many thanks, Chris.

satsu
26-05-2016, 07:29 PM
Welcome and glad you're enjoying the new car.

Afraid that all I can say is that if it is in there I haven't tracked it down yet either! The manual says something like "these features are being finalised at time of printing" which I guess means that it wasn't finished in time. Has anybody else followed this up?

maxwide
09-10-2016, 09:40 PM
Hi. No but I do have the same problem and yes the same comment in the manual. Currently the specific instruction they send in an email to go to the User management section in the MMI doesn't exist. Hopefully they will do a software update soon, Total bummer if they don't.

DSM6
30-03-2017, 10:19 PM
Hi!
I'm facing exactly the same issue.
I've tried everything but could not complete the procedure as I'm not able to locate "Audi Connect User Management " under Audi Connect token in car MMI.
Neither Audi support in Norway nor the dealer has any clear answer to my query.
Has anyone here found solution for this issue?
Any help from anyone is appreciated.
Many thanks!
DSM6

PaulDiabolo
31-03-2017, 09:14 AM
I also have the same problem.

I spoke to Audi Customer Services and they talked me through a few things but it's definitely not there.

I have it booked in for next week for them to look at.

CH11
02-04-2017, 09:11 PM
I have just got my new S4 and have the same issue.

noscream
04-04-2017, 01:29 AM
Good, So I'm not going mad? and Audi have forgotten the whole user validation part of AUDI CONNECT.....
So nice to know I was not being stupid and not finding the MENU part for PIN entry from my.audi WEBSITE.

thx gents.....

PaulDiabolo
06-04-2017, 12:49 PM
So, I had mine in yesterday (for another reason) and I asked them to look into this.

They did some digging and spent quite a bit of time with me going through this and logging into myaudi and their own systems. The answer eventually appeared to come from the manual....

There's a section on Advanced Vehicle Control Services (remote lock/unlock, fuel levels, etc). A paragraph (sorry can't remember which bit, will dig it out and add later) says that this is not available unless you have the Emergency Call service (SOS buttons up by the rear view mirror).

Mine doesn't have this so it looks like that's why you can't assign the key user as there's not much point if it's not going to work anyway :-(.

The engineer was going to call his tech support and confirm all this and come back to me so I'll post an update when he does.

gregpawley
09-04-2017, 06:49 AM
This feature is not on UK models until build week 30 this year.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

mpjalexander
04-07-2017, 07:36 PM
This feature is not on UK models until build week 30 this year.

Does it require specific hardware (not present on older vehicles), or could it be enabled via a software update?

gregpawley
04-07-2017, 07:57 PM
No hardware not installed, you can check if you have the required hardware by the SOS switch fitted in the overhead console adjacent to the map reading lights.

skibuddy
05-07-2017, 10:07 AM
I've ordered a 2018 Model Year A4 S-line Avant to replace my A6 with Tech Pack Advanced. It's scheduled for build week 30. Not taking delivery until september though. I have seen User Conect Management in myAudi on the Website but cannot seem to do a lot with it. Don't see any features in iOS versions of myAudi - Mobile and Audi Connect - MMI Connect so had wondered what this was all about.

krysus
28-11-2017, 08:13 PM
No hardware not installed, you can check if you have the required hardware by the SOS switch fitted in the overhead console adjacent to the map reading lights.

I have just taken delivery of a new A4 Black Edition Tech Pack, I have the SOS button, but also no menu to Define Key User in the MMI > Connect settings.

Guess we're all stuck at the same point...

skibuddy
29-11-2017, 11:25 AM
I've managed to get Key user profiles set-up for both myself and my partner and make frequent use of the Audi Connect App to check whether I remembered lock the car or not and whether I need to fill up before a journey. On one occassion I even discovered she was driving with the door not closed properly :o
It was quite a convoluted process to setup as I recall but does all seem to work.
Assuming you have a My Audi Account (each Key User has to have their own) the first step is to pair this with the car. The best thing is to make sure your mobile phone is connected so that you can save the My Audi login details against the phone. When the phone is attached it will automatically pair with My Audi. This makes it simpler for each key user. I used the PIN number generated in My Audi to pair from the car, rather than using username and password.
Next you have to accept the Key User license agreements, blah blah in My Audi website.
Initially I had problems because the car wouldn't conntect to the Audi Connect Services so I had to reboot the connection manager a number of times.
From the Audi Connect menu (not Connection Settings) you should see Remote vehicle access as an option just after Communiction.
The car's ignition must be switched on at this point.
You should then see Audi connect user management. From here you can set who the master user is and see anyother key users listed.
Key users are added via the My Audi website.
I cannot remember the precise process to pair the key user in the car with account but it should become obviouse.
Hope this helps.

krysus
29-11-2017, 07:35 PM
I've managed to get Key user profiles set-up for both myself and my partner and make frequent use of the Audi Connect App to check whether I remembered lock the car or not and whether I need to fill up before a journey. On one occassion I even discovered she was driving with the door not closed properly :o
It was quite a convoluted process to setup as I recall but does all seem to work.
Assuming you have a My Audi Account (each Key User has to have their own) the first step is to pair this with the car. The best thing is to make sure your mobile phone is connected so that you can save the My Audi login details against the phone. When the phone is attached it will automatically pair with My Audi. This makes it simpler for each key user. I used the PIN number generated in My Audi to pair from the car, rather than using username and password.
Next you have to accept the Key User license agreements, blah blah in My Audi website.
Initially I had problems because the car wouldn't conntect to the Audi Connect Services so I had to reboot the connection manager a number of times.
From the Audi Connect menu (not Connection Settings) you should see Remote vehicle access as an option just after Communiction.
The car's ignition must be switched on at this point.
You should then see Audi connect user management. From here you can set who the master user is and see anyother key users listed.
Key users are added via the My Audi website.
I cannot remember the precise process to pair the key user in the car with account but it should become obviouse.
Hope this helps.

Managed to get it all working :) Just left it for a few hours before trying again in-car. Assume some servers somewhere need to sync.