PDA

View Full Version : Anyone for some VIM action? (4M)

wolek76
25-05-2016, 05:30 PM
So. Everyone have a look at these and tell me what am I trying to show? ;)
Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. (https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=156AB99E52E1D976!2178&authkey=!ADLV_YXmzwZxDvU&ithint=folder%2c)

andyhud007
25-05-2016, 06:03 PM
Nothing appears? What am I looking for? I'm working on enabling VIM.

wolek76
25-05-2016, 06:10 PM
Nothing appears? What am I looking for? I'm working on enabling VIM.

That's OneDrive link to my drive in London with VIM on
I got it :)

andyhud007
25-05-2016, 06:13 PM
What did you do to enable it? Your onedrive shows as blank when I click on that link?

wolek76
25-05-2016, 06:25 PM
That's weird.
This is what I get when I click on that
But, I'm still on my way home so its a bit awkward to explain how I got there. Should be home by 8pm.
Will share then.
Sorry :(

anemeth
25-05-2016, 06:25 PM
I can see the video, and the VIM is on:cool:. What did you do?

srbsq7
25-05-2016, 06:51 PM
I can see the video too. Is that playing media or TV?

andyhud007
25-05-2016, 07:05 PM
Sorry yeah it works for me. My stupid computer. What did you do to enable? I have vcds and trying to figure this one out.

Thanks!

maxw
25-05-2016, 07:43 PM
Works for me

whats been enabled here?

i know that normal you can play media while driving so that's been sorted

but have you enabled being able to play media or tv that wasn't added in opps? When car was brought?

very interested in this

B5NUT
25-05-2016, 08:00 PM
Not sure if VCDS can work on MIB platform but if you find someone with VCP and they can enable it. http://www.vag-tech.eu/

andyhud007
25-05-2016, 08:09 PM
Yup. I have vcp also...

wolek76
25-05-2016, 09:01 PM
Ok everyone.
I am finally home and got some time to explain myself.
First I need to make clear that I AM NOT ADVERTISING OR ENDORSING ANYTHING!!!!
I am just sharing some of the acquired knowledge and personal experiences....
So, ever since I had an old Q7 I wanted VAG-COM but never could justify the £400 (or thereabouts expense). After some on-line lurking I came across an App called 'OBDeleven' in android and after reading a few comments I decided to take a plunge. I went for a pro version (which is a fraction of VCDS price) but still delivers same functionality with less clunk (laptop, cable, etc....)
Got the device, plugged into my old Q7 and all of the sudden didn't have to see my mechanic for every warning lamp that came on! I could literally clear the warnings/errors while driving!!!
I did have the 56 reg Q7 so the long coding wasnt there at all but still being able to do the turbo throttle adaptation with a touch of the button to get the car out of the limp mode somewhere between Berlin and Magdeburg was god-sent!
Two years gone by and I got the new Q7.
Plugged in the device and got immediately blown away by the amount of stuff one can change (or damage!!! - warning!!!). The list is endless.
But the app doesnt only allow checking / clearing error codes. There is a section called Apps.
Now that section was empty until yesterdays update and today, in the Apps section I had an VIM enable option!!!
Obviously had it done first thing this morning.
The videos are the result.
BTW, this is an mpeg video played out of USB stick while I was driving. I do not have the TV tuner.
I do have some screenshots of the app to share but not sure if I am allowed to show here, as it must look like some sort of advertising.
Let me know if you want to see these...
I'll probably create a onedrive link to these...
Thanks for reading

wolek76
25-05-2016, 09:08 PM
Here is the link to the App screenshots
Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. (https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=156AB99E52E1D976!2179&authkey=!AE17hKhZC7xBZH4&ithint=folder%2cpng)

feel free to as anything...
If I do know the answer I will give it :)

BTW, its a brand new car and it has got faults already !?! I know, but I am not too worried as I will be changing it due to a dealer's c**k-up....

Papereyes
25-05-2016, 09:14 PM
Wow that looks good. Stooped question but Would this ever impact Audi warranty if there was a problem with the car? I.e could they find out you used this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolek76
25-05-2016, 09:22 PM
Wow that looks good. Stooped question but Would this ever impact Audi warranty if there was a problem with the car? I.e could they find out you used this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Frankly don't know...
I did a needle sweep mod wit h this... no probs...
I tried every mod I got to know with old Q7 on a new one, but only the needles worked.
But there are some options in the program which sound 'a bit scary' to be honest....
I dont have a screenshot right now but i am pretty sure I saw something along the lines of 'number of ecu reads/changes' :O (thats when you go into 'live data' option)
Surely if I can read this AUDI can too. Question is whether they ever bother.... :)

andyhud007
25-05-2016, 09:25 PM
RE: Needle Sweep. Its the same coding as it was in the old 4L Q7 which is why that works, however most other settings in the old 4L car don't apply to the 4M because of the new MLB2 infra in new car.

They will figure it out soon enough..

wolek76
25-05-2016, 09:28 PM
You're spot on Andy
I think the VIM has already been figured out as it appeared in the app I used.
Now its just a matter of time before it hits the rest of the world :)