PDA

View Full Version : Orca Black - Help with swirl marks

Big_D_80
25-05-2016, 09:11 AM
Any advice on how to get rid of swirl marks in the Orca Black finish? Not happy with my local hand car wash :mad:

andyhud007
25-05-2016, 09:15 AM
I use(d) Meguiars SwirlX mate, worked a treat if followed correctly...

Big_D_80
25-05-2016, 09:16 AM
Cheers for the info. I'll give it a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zollaf
25-05-2016, 09:49 AM
never use a local hand car wash. they drop sponges on the floor, then continue to use them and this results in swirl marks. if you are not happy with the results you get from the meguiars, then you cant beat a proper machine polish from a pro detailer/ valeter. there is a local chap i have used that can get a proper mirror finish and for extra cost apply a ceramic coating that will protect the paint for a few years. the company say 5, but 2-3 is likely.

Big_D_80
25-05-2016, 10:24 AM
Thanks zollaf. I'll look up some detailing guys. What do you tend to do for normal regular washes? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zollaf
25-05-2016, 10:29 AM
have a look at youtube, but you want a 2 bucket system, with grids in the bottom. this allows any grit to fall through. if a cloth is dropped then its scrap, in the bin. a hose and snowfoam allows the initial grime to be washed off with no abrasion. its just a case of being really careful. bets bet though is the ceramic, something like gtechnic (spelling) and then you will only need to rinse it off. its about 400 quid for a machine polish to make it a mirror finish and to apply a coating. i know, a lot of money, but your car will be the shiniest in the street and worth more as and when you sell.

Skippy73
25-05-2016, 10:45 AM
You tube CQuartz uk and do it yourself. Easy and last 2 years. It's a ceramic coating also. Save yourself the money. Dedicate yourself to some elbow grease for the day foam the car first, wash 2 bucket, clay bar, iron x and then polish with swirl or scratch x you can do it by hand just hard work but worth it. Then use eraser, then the CQuartz. There are loads of you tube videos for each process.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk