PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth connection issues

chrisjerman
24-05-2016, 10:04 PM
Having trouble with the bluetooth connection in my September 2015 car and wondering if any one else having similar . I spoke with Audi and they said there was no notifications on there system of the issue .
It works fine if I was the last one in the car , however if my wife has driven it last and thus her phone connected last then when I go to use it it won't connect automatically and even when I go into connection manager and manually connect it, it still struggles . It will say it's connected and even put the signal bars up but greyed out and then it will drop the connection and ask you to connect a mobile phone ,sometimes it even goes as far as putting the signal bars up in white showing the strength of signal before dropping it . After two to three goes at connecting manually it will connect and stay connected although sometimes the only way is to reboot my phone (samsung s6). And even then it may only connect the phone and not the data , so back to connection manager to hook up data ( I do remote SIM access instead of separate SIM in the car).
My phone connects fine in my Discovery and tractors but then again my wife's phone works fine in the Q7 , so I know what will happen , Audi will blame the phone and EE will blame the car !
Any ideas ?

andyhud007
25-05-2016, 10:13 AM
Chris, is this on the new 4M Q7?

chrisjerman
25-05-2016, 11:01 AM
Yes

andyhud007
25-05-2016, 11:41 AM
Chris, thats a wierd one

I have my phone paired as the first phone (Samsung S6 Edge+) and my missus has hers as the second phone (another Android phone). When we are both in the car they both just connect

Under Connection Manager I have Data set to the SIM card in the glove box but I doubt that is related.

What software level are you running on your S6? I'm on Android 6.0.1 (MasrhMallow)... and I think my other half is on version 5 something (KitKat).

Perhaps:

1. Factory reset of entire MMI / Delete pairings from phones and start again?
2. What software version is in your MMI? I'm on 0358 but I know some of the guys are on 0442.

Andy

chrisjerman
25-05-2016, 05:03 PM
I'm on 0358 too , but audi say no issues with Bluetooth on their system so I doubt they will put the later one on. My phone is on 5.1.1 and all updates complete . Audi say to call in and they will check my settings. Already have my phone set as the priority phone. Didn't even connect today without my wife using the car . I used a separate sim with my old phone and had no issues but now as I have more data on handset I use remote sim access so I bet this is the issue

srbsq7
25-05-2016, 05:17 PM
Did you try Andy's suggestion about deleting all the pairing info off both car and phone. Had issues with BMW which this has fixed.

chrisjerman
25-05-2016, 05:22 PM
Yes did that a few weeks ago . It works for that first connection but then back to same old tricks

satyp
25-05-2016, 05:44 PM
Yes did that a few weeks ago . It works for that first connection but then back to same old tricks

Reset MMI, to rule out MMI , more than likely clashing bluetooth software, ask audi for update if poss, failing that .. back to the phone Root or not .. not going to be a straightforward one unfortunately... :(

satyp
25-05-2016, 05:47 PM
Reset MMI, to rule out MMI , more than likely clashing bluetooth software, ask audi for update if poss, failing that .. back to the phone Root or not .. not going to be a straightforward one unfortunately... :(

Sorry just read the rest of the thread.. I take most common options already mentioned.. sorry

andyhud007
25-05-2016, 06:06 PM
Not ideal, but hard/factory reset your phone?

chrisjerman
25-05-2016, 10:14 PM
I haven't tried factory reset yet , mainly because everytime I have ever had to do this I always end up losing important business numbers no matter how I back up the data but no doubt that will be EE's first course of action .
Coming back to the MMI reset , I haven't done that , all I tried was wiping the bluetooth connection off the car and the phone .
Problem is getting worse, took nearly twenty miles of constant attempts to get it to connect

andyhud007
25-05-2016, 10:23 PM
Try a full MMI reset before resetting your actual phone.

Go to Car menu, Left Context menu(I think), system info, and reset is in there. Reset the whole lot.

chrisjerman
26-05-2016, 12:11 PM
Just did a factory reset on the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, will see how this goes, didn't want to do the lot and have to set up all my navigation and audi connect stuff if I don't need to,

andyhud007
26-05-2016, 12:13 PM
Cool.. let us know how it goes. fingers crossed.