PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Tuning Reviews - (and why is the forum so quiet)

Frankscot
24-05-2016, 09:51 PM
I know theyre a forum sponsor and all, but im in contact with a local franchisee about getting my car remapped but im not getting a huge amount of detail on what they do to the car, especially for DPF removal.

Has anyone ever used them? The forum seems very quiet on remaps.

I have the 170bhp engine and looking for a DPF removal and delete as well as a tuning package. My quote is good (sub 400) and i read on AT website they can remove the DPF filter with non invasive means..''We use various non invasive techniques including Ultrasonic ablative fracture with endoscopic extraction, which means in most cases there is no visible evidence of removal and will easily also pass the new incoming MOT “Hollow Tap Test”.''

Anyone ever had this done???

Thanks

Scot

zollaf
25-05-2016, 08:09 AM
dpf deletes generally dont get discussed because it turns your legal car into an illegal car. yes it might pass a 'tap' test, but its still polluting more than it should. will you be paying the extra hundreds of pounds in road tax that the dpf is saving you ??

Gazwould
25-05-2016, 08:35 AM
Tap test ?

Would of thought 2018 would bring obd port to test for dpf software and absence or presence of tailpipe soot .

Sam
25-05-2016, 08:38 AM
The forum seems very quiet on remaps.

Most people tend to post in the model specific section to discuss remaps.

What car do you have?

Advanced-Tuning
26-05-2016, 09:27 PM
I know theyre a forum sponsor and all, but im in contact with a local franchisee about getting my car remapped but im not getting a huge amount of detail on what they do to the car, especially for DPF removal.

Has anyone ever used them? The forum seems very quiet on remaps.

I have the 170bhp engine and looking for a DPF removal and delete as well as a tuning package. My quote is good (sub 400) and i read on AT website they can remove the DPF filter with non invasive means..''We use various non invasive techniques including Ultrasonic ablative fracture with endoscopic extraction, which means in most cases there is no visible evidence of removal and will easily also pass the new incoming MOT “Hollow Tap Test”.''

Anyone ever had this done???

Thanks

Scot
Hi

Our franchisees are fully trained to advise and carry out on the Gen7 process. However because it's cutting edge there is an element of secrecy on the finer point process for commercial reasons. We aim to be 3 years ahead of the competition.

It sounds like you would like to speak with an engineer at head office, in which case call 01254 393700 and ask for technical support. We are always happy to help and outline what we can do.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Frankscot
30-05-2016, 07:49 PM
Thought about posing in specific model section but seeing as the engine is used in multiple models this didn't make sense.

Its a 2.0 170BHP CFGB in a Passat.

Advanced Tuning and Celtic Tuning came out as same cost, but Celtic claim to be able to generate an additional 20BHP which seems a bit far fetched.

in terms of Advanced Tuning, Ill call and see what they can do. I assumed the DPF cannister would need to be removed - perhaps this isnt the case.

Also in terms of the DPF causing additional pollution, I think VW have already taken care of that for me with their falsifying of emissions.