PDA

View Full Version : 4M finds.

Pages : [1] 2 3

pitch3110
20-05-2016, 06:08 PM
So what have you found that was not obvious.

I was concerned about tailgate height when opening in the garage. As it opens you can brake it and it and it makes a bleep and stops. Very handy.

Still trying to find how to increase the parking visual on standard set up it only fills about a third of the screen. Must be able to make it bigger.

Skippy73
20-05-2016, 06:27 PM
So what have you found that was not obvious.

I was concerned about tailgate height when opening in the garage. As it opens you can brake it and it and it makes a bleep and stops. Very handy.

Still trying to find how to increase the parking visual on standard set up it only fills about a third of the screen. Must be able to make it bigger.
Did you get smartphone interface?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

pitch3110
20-05-2016, 06:28 PM
Nope if it was extra Skippy #tightarse

Skippy73
20-05-2016, 06:31 PM
Well if anyone reading this got the smartphone interface and is using the Android Auto they will notice that the phone does not fill the screen, but there is a short cut for it.

Nemo78
20-05-2016, 06:43 PM
Lights in door pockets are motion sensitive / detected

srbsq7
20-05-2016, 07:02 PM
Not really the car itself, but was surprised that I managed to get the insurance so cheap. Just went through compare the market and Admiral came out at £350 p/a.

pitch3110
20-05-2016, 07:16 PM
Lights in door pockets are motion sensitive / detected

Lovely jubbly can't wait until it gets dark to try.

Skippy73
21-05-2016, 12:07 PM
On the VC display it shows D7 or whatever for what gear you are in when driving but when you coast to save fuel by taking your foot off the accelerator you will only see a D and the number will disappear, meaning you are in coasting mode and the drive train has disconnected and the car is free rolling effectively. As soon as you touch the accelerator the car re-engages and your off 👍

chrisjerman
21-05-2016, 12:59 PM
Not really the car itself, but was surprised that I managed to get the insurance so cheap. Just went through compare the market and Admiral came out at £350 p/a.

Same here , half the cost of my old q7 despite being faster and worth twice as much :-)

satyp
21-05-2016, 01:15 PM
Anyone got any pictures of the door sill/footrest areas at night 🌙 time? Preferably on the Ambient package

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

andyhud007
21-05-2016, 01:35 PM
Admiral aswell, even with the wrap and ABT engine ECU

Pull down (towards armrest) on the large MMI "knob" when in Nav or other mode to get a quick list of radio stations etc pop up in the middle to save you flicking back to the main MMI radio screen.

andyhud007
21-05-2016, 01:37 PM
For those with Advanced key, just have the key on you and "kick" your leg under the middle of the rear bumper and the boot will open. Make a "kicking" action again and it will close. Handy if your holding bags of shopping etc.

satyp
21-05-2016, 01:52 PM
Admiral aswell, even with the wrap and ABT engine ECU

Pull down (towards armrest) on the large MMI "knob" when in Nav or other mode to get a quick list of radio stations etc pop up in the middle to save you flicking back to the main MMI radio screen.
Oh I thought that feature was part of someo ther250pound option ..

Does any anyone know if the thatcham cat 1 immobiliser is only available with “advanced key” option as, the info on the configurator suggests this which is odd &/or misleading?

srbsq7
21-05-2016, 03:26 PM
Picked mine up today so will take pic once it gets dark - just online following the speed camera instructions :-)

srbsq7
21-05-2016, 10:25 PM
Anyone got any pictures of the door sill/footrest areas at night  time? Preferably on the Ambient package

Here are a couple of pics

Nemo78
21-05-2016, 10:35 PM
For those with Advanced key, just have the key on you and "kick" your leg under the middle of the rear bumper and the boot will open. Make a "kicking" action again and it will close. Handy if your holding bags of shopping etc.

So this feature actually exists? Cool and shame I don't have advanced key!

srbsq7
21-05-2016, 10:44 PM
So this feature actually exists? Cool and shame I don't have advanced key!

It does. I had a go with this today and it works well. It's a bit noisy with the beeping if you kick to close.

pitch3110
22-05-2016, 12:29 AM
I had this on my previous A6 and didn't use it much.

Big it misses for me on my Q7 over the A6 are advanced key (the big one), Bose, ACC, lane assist, 360 degree cameras, list could go on but is was one hell of a spec'd up motor.

Having said that would I want it back over the Q7.........not a chance.

satyp
22-05-2016, 10:02 AM
Here are a couple of pics

I knew I'd vaguely seen those lights on the footrest areas :D

This whole thing looks awesome esp the foot sill lighting for me , that wasn't there in the last q7.. Audi certainly have tried to make this a more visually appealing "Cabin & Cockpit" this time round

satyp
22-05-2016, 10:22 AM

Does Anyone know, If Audi have just worded this so that people pick this option?? I don't understand whY ANTI-THEFT would only be available only as part of selecting the advanced key. I'm quite sure it is AVAILABLE as standard, but the manual doesn't seem to indicate this?

Cheers
Rgds

satyp
22-05-2016, 11:23 AM
:aargh4:Arrh these topics are killing me... Now I got Advanced Key nagging me :-0.. Should I have ticked it or Was is just best I didn't ???.. lol.. I know it would save a lot of hassle for those times when you have opened the boot left the car key inside and the car is still set to Auto lock..

We have an iQ with keyless entry, however have found that if you are in the car, start the car, then step out for instance to go to the supermarket for instance, they wfe or person sat in the passenger car then get into to the drive seat and then move the car to park etc, meanwhile, I have still got the car key in my pocket whilst in the supermarket. obviously you can't start the car again if it stops but the only warning the iQ gives is an audible warning when you shut the door, presumably telling you that the engine is still on. I'm not sure if the engine cuts off at a certain distance either.

Does anyone or has anyone ever had anything similar on Audi cars with the "Advanced Key" option? I guess I'm trying to convince my mind to let go and think it's okay for not having picked it :-0 :aargh4: ????

Let's hope the Audi system is tight

Is that or looking into Retrofit/Aftermarket Audi Advanced if it doesn't' void warranty and affect insurance etc

andyhud007
22-05-2016, 11:38 AM
It comes up saying key is not in vehicle if it's in your pocket and you leave the car with the engine running. It's very noticeable on the dash and a warning tone. You also get the electric luggage compartment with advanced key so when you open and shut the boot the luggage cover goes up and down so its out the way to load stuff into the boot.

srbsq7
22-05-2016, 01:39 PM
I think that button disables the anti tow away alarm / motion detection. I have it but not sure if it's only with advanced key?

Nemo78
22-05-2016, 02:19 PM
Sat...don't worry re no advanced key! There's so much everything in the car that the key is nothing to worry about

Q7newbie
22-05-2016, 03:00 PM
A further question to the advanced key issue: I have it on mine and had it in the 4L too. And I've always wondered, what happens to the car if you left it running and went into the house and while you were away, someone drove it away? Would they engine stay running as long as the theif didn't didn't turn it off? Is their a cut out time or distance from the key that would trigger an engine cut-off or immobiliser activation?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Nemo78
22-05-2016, 03:08 PM
A further question to the advanced key issue: I have it on mine and had it in the 4L too. And I've always wondered, what happens to the car if you left it running and went into the house and while you were away, someone drove it away? Would they engine stay running as long as the theif didn't didn't turn it off? Is their a cut out time or distance from the key that would trigger an engine cut-off or immobiliser activation?

My understanding is that you can keep on driving as long as you'd like to...car will show up 'key not in car'. But as soon as you turn the car off then it won't restart without the key.

andyhud007
22-05-2016, 03:44 PM
My understanding is that you can keep on driving as long as you'd like to...car will show up 'key not in car'. But as soon as you turn the car off then it won't restart without the key.
Nemo is spot on. That's exactly it

Q7newbie
22-05-2016, 04:16 PM
That's pants. Not very security friendly

Nemo78
22-05-2016, 04:37 PM
A friend had a 5 series and I remember we stopped off at Starbucks - coming back to the car about 30mins later we both said to each other was the car started still...could see the exhaust vapour / gases...all it would've needed was entry into car for someone and a new 5 was theirs...

andyhud007
22-05-2016, 05:39 PM
My 2010 A5 Cabriolet had audi advanced key. Exactly same setup. So it hasn't changed in a while...

andyhud007
22-05-2016, 06:13 PM
Come to think of it its not advanced key that's the problem. It's keyless start which is standard in the new Q7.

satyp
23-05-2016, 01:39 PM
Sat...don't worry re no advanced key! There's so much everything in the car that the key is nothing to worry about
Yeah touché @nemo

Convincing me is a lot easier than convincing my mind :-)

The Mrs. reminded me, that when we 1st cinfigured the car on the configurator back in Oct 2015 we had decided to pick the £950 matrix over the £950 for advanced key as we had thought that it was too much of a ripoff from Audi for a feature that is standard on some manufactures bog standard cars..

All these Audi options, choices, features, wants and needs 😱 always tends to throw you off..

Thinking about it, IMHO I maybe would have just ticked that box. If maybe it was £500 tops or under for Advance d key 🔑 and features..

Anyhow.. I'll keep waiting until I can playing around with the 🚗 in a few months.. As I can obviously see how much fun some of are having on here.. ;-)

wolek76
24-05-2016, 10:33 PM
Has anyone perhaps noticed vastly improved turning radius?
I must say that it feels half of the old Q!!!
It used to take me two takes to get into my drive from a narrow street.
With the new one I was dreading the first attempt only to find out that I made it in one go with 1m space to spare (at the front)
Amazing!!!

Q7newbie
25-05-2016, 03:37 PM
Has anyone perhaps noticed vastly improved turning radius?
I must say that it feels half of the old Q!!!
It used to take me two takes to get into my drive from a narrow street.
With the new one I was dreading the first attempt only to find out that I made it in one go with 1m space to spare (at the front)
Amazing!!!
Totally. I've definitely noticed a monumental improvement in the turning circle. I live in a cul-de-sac. And on weekends when neighbours have visitors and car were parked on both sides of the road, it was a pain turning the old Q7 around at the bottom of the road. Now it's just one full-lock turn. 👍

pitch3110
25-05-2016, 08:10 PM
Found how to get efficiently meter up whilst on VC maps screen very handy.

Skippy73
25-05-2016, 08:18 PM
Got mine today Pitch and I was surprised I even had efficiency mode. I thought this only came with dynamic pack. The icon in the heads up display telling when to lift your foot on or off the accelerator based on info the car and navigation system is cool. I didn't think I would have any efficiency assist features. Nice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pitch3110
25-05-2016, 08:23 PM
Great stuff Skip and looking forward to pic's and finds as you come across them. I don't think I have efficiency mode :(

enjoy

Skippy73
25-05-2016, 08:25 PM
Great stuff Skip and looking forward to pic's and finds as you come across them. I don't think I have efficiency mode :(

enjoy

You will have mate I have the same car as you and same options.

Turn it on in settings driver assist systems

Seems to only work when drive select is in comfort mode. But not driven it much yet so I'll see

Thakey17
25-05-2016, 09:06 PM
Got mine today Pitch and I was surprised I even had efficiency mode. I thought this only came with dynamic pack. The icon in the heads up display telling when to lift your foot on or off the accelerator based on info the car and navigation system is cool. I didn't think I would have any efficiency assist features. Nice

I had the dealer's demo for the day a couple of weeks ago and I noticed that it was showing the foot icon on the HUD. I was confused as it didn't have the Dynamic Pack. Thanks for pointing that out Skippy. Must be a standard feature. I have noticed on a couple of the pack descriptions on the configurator that they bulk the contents up with standard spec features. I'm pretty sure that on the Dynamic pack they also list Audi Pre Sense and that's standard too.

Skippy73
25-05-2016, 09:10 PM
I had the dealer's demo for the day a couple of weeks ago and I noticed that it was showing the foot icon on the HUD. I was confused as it didn't have the Dynamic Pack. Thanks for pointing that out Skippy. Must be a standard feature. I have noticed on a couple of the pack descriptions on the configurator that they bulk the contents up with standard spec features. I'm pretty sure that on the Dynamic pack they also list Audi Pre Sense and that's standard too.

There are subtle differences though Thakey. Only Audi pre sense city comes standard. But Audi pre sense rear and front are options and also part of the dynamic pack.

And there are also difference in the efficiency that behaves differently when the adaptive cruise is in use as part of the dynamic pack.

andyhud007
25-05-2016, 09:18 PM
Yes, you get the "foot" I think, but in Dynamic for example you get icons of roundabouts, "steep" corners, or even cars in-front (in conjunction with Adaptive CC) and traffic jam assist. With these, the car actually slows down itself when coming upto, say for example, a roundabout.. or a hard corner... I guess that falls into the Dynamic Pack feature set

Audi PreSense City is Standard on all cars
Audi PreSense City + Front is part of Dynamic Pack
Audi PreSense City + Front and Rear is part of Dynamic and Parking Pack Adv.

Thakey17
25-05-2016, 09:26 PM
Thanks for clearing that up guys. I'm sitting here thinking about the options I didn't tick and wondering if I should have? I've managed for nearly 20 years driving without all of that help, so should be fine now.....ha ha

andyhud007
25-05-2016, 09:33 PM
Its tough but its down to personal pref. I've had Adaptive Cruise in the last 3 cars I've had and now I'd never live without it. Its very smooth and adjusts to the cars around very well. But again, thats just my opinion!

srbsq7
25-05-2016, 09:35 PM
I've ticked all of the assist boxes and just getting used to it (you can turn it all off if you want to). With ACC and lane assist on (early) the car will drive itself for quite a while with hands / feet off! Dealer had set the lane assist to 'late' but that was awful - bounced between he lanes like a 7 year old bowling with the bumpers up.

Not something you're meant to do of course but when you are holding the steering wheel, it just removes the effort. Got a few long drives coming up so will see if it's relaxing or annoying.

andyhud007
25-05-2016, 09:37 PM
I've ticked all of the assist boxes and just getting used to it (you can turn it all off if you want to). With ACC and lane assist on (early) the car will drive itself for quite a while with hands / feet off! Dealer had set the lane assist to 'late' but that was awful - bounced between he lanes like a 7 year old bowling with the bumpers up.

Not something you're meant to do of course but when you are holding the steering wheel, it just removes the effort. Got a few long drives coming up so will see if it's relaxing or annoying.

Me too Srb! I have it on Early (as late was rubbish) and enjoy watching the car drive itself until the dashboard beeps at me and tells me to stop being silly and put my hands back on the wheel. :outtahere

In all seriousness, its great on long motorway journeys.

pitch3110
25-05-2016, 09:38 PM
Its tough but its down to personal pref. I've had Adaptive Cruise in the last 3 cars I've had and now I'd never live without it. Its very smooth and adjusts to the cars around very well. But again, thats just my opinion!

Same here Andy as well as Mrs P's R. My A6 had lane and side assist which made motorway driving very relaxing.

I am not missing ACC yet but not being able to walk upto the car and touch the handle to lock and unlock is a right PITA.

andyhud007
25-05-2016, 09:40 PM
Same here Andy as well as Mrs P's R. My A6 had lane and side assist which made motorway driving very relaxing.

I am not missing ACC yet but not being able to walk upto the car and touch the handle to lock and unlock is a right PITA.

I agree, Blind Spot assist is very handy too.. I do love Adv Key, I will admit. Sorry.. not being mean...

Thakey17
25-05-2016, 09:40 PM
bounced between the lanes like a 7 year old bowling with the bumpers up.

Ha ha. Need to get that changed quickly......

maxw
25-05-2016, 09:51 PM
I too ticked nearly all the boxes and talked me self into most

i loo have had adpt cruse for the past 7 years now and wouldn't be with out it

I have bad legs and the breaking at roundabouts lane assist cruse pre sense warning so helps my health apart from rest hand on streering it's just sit back and car really does almost drives it's self and so smooth

its hard not to tick boxes and to miss things out and the trouble is you think then think of a reason why you need it but then hard to think why you don't need it he he

think the only things I didn't tick was tow bar night vision auto door close (but wish I had as front near side door hard to shut due to air and vacuum inside the car yet open the window a little and door shuts so easy lol that's a pain and nothing can be done
any one else find this?

M

srbsq7
25-05-2016, 09:53 PM
Me too Srb! I have it on Early (as late was rubbish) and enjoy watching the car drive itself until the dashboard beeps at me and tells me to stop being silly and put my hands back on the wheel. :outtahere

In all seriousness, its great on long motorway journeys.

Yeah, looking forward to trying on the motorway.

Also loving the way ACC just slows down for bends, roundabouts, speed limit changes etc. Makes ACC useful almost anywhere.

Cameras are also impressive. Having them on the boot & grill that are capable of side view is great for pulling out or reversing out of places you can't see. The picture quality is good too.

Old X5 had the side cameras but they were near the wheel arch not the front and no where near as clear.

andyhud007
25-05-2016, 09:58 PM
Yeah, looking forward to trying on the motorway.

Also loving the way ACC just slows down for bends, roundabouts, speed limit changes etc. Makes ACC useful almost anywhere.

Cameras are also impressive. Having them on the boot & grill that are capable of side view is great for pulling out or reversing out of places you can't see. The picture quality is good too.

Old X5 had the side cameras but they were near the wheel arch not the front and no where near as clear.

Yup, the 360 Degree top down view of the car is very clever how it stitches all the camera images together.

Self Parking has worked great too.

Lol, we are basically telling everyone to order all the options!

Night Vision - Gimmick. For £2000 it isnt worth it.
Power Door Close - One thing I would have liked, I'm going to try retro fit it.

maxw
25-05-2016, 10:03 PM
Andy does your door do the same then or is it just mine not close easy?

m

Thakey17
25-05-2016, 10:03 PM
Ahhhhh!!! Now I need 360 deg cameras. I've only spec'd rear. You two are going to cost me a fortune......:1zhelp:

andyhud007
25-05-2016, 10:05 PM
Thakey.. take the rear camera off and just add Park Park (not Adv Park Pack) if your budget allows.. that contains the all round 360 degree cameras and Pre Sense Front.

Max - Sometimes, the missus has to shut the passenger door twice when getting out.. dont really have an issue with drivers door.. I dont think?

maxw
25-05-2016, 10:14 PM
Yeah mine is the passenger front near side door you have to shut twice
strange that
open window a crack and shuts fine

M

maxw
25-05-2016, 10:16 PM
The bit what I do with 360 is I have half screen front or rear depending what way I'm moving the other half of screen to above view

you can see the parking lines when you park so you end up making sure you park straight lol you can help your self

M

andyhud007
25-05-2016, 10:18 PM
Yeah mine is the passenger front near side door you have to shut twice
strange that
open window a crack and shuts fine

M

yep, same Maxw.. on passenger door. weird..

Same setup on 360 too.

srbsq7
25-05-2016, 10:20 PM
Andy does your door do the same then or is it just mine not close easy?

m

I've found the same! I think the seal / sound proofing is so good air can't escape!

pitch3110
25-05-2016, 10:20 PM
Yup, the 360 Degree top down view of the car is very clever how it stitches all the camera images together.

Self Parking has worked great too.

Lol, we are basically telling everyone to order all the options!

Night Vision - Gimmick. For £2000 it isnt worth it.
Power Door Close - One thing I would have liked, I'm going to try retro fit it.

had parking and top on the A6 also. Cheers Andy......now removing all the sharps from the kitchen......:)

srbsq7
25-05-2016, 10:23 PM
The bit what I do with 360 is I have half screen front or rear depending what way I'm moving the other half of screen to above view

you can see the parking lines when you park so you end up making sure you park straight lol you can help your self

M

Same, figured out this morning you can have camera top down on the right side as it was set to the old school radar view like BMW had 10 years ago.

srbsq7
25-05-2016, 10:28 PM
I would recommend Ambient Lighting. It just looks so nice if you tone it down a bit. Linking it to drive select is quite amusing, switch to dynamic and the cabin glows red!

Thakey17
25-05-2016, 10:39 PM
Ambient Lighting was one of those options that was very reasonably priced. One of the first ticked, now changed to Style Pack on my list. Your pics looked great that you posted on that....

srbsq7
25-05-2016, 11:23 PM
Ambient Lighting was one of those options that was very reasonably priced. One of the first ticked, now changed to Style Pack on my list. Your pics looked great that you posted on that....

Here's one with the doors closed and interior lights off. White line in the middle is on the Bose speaker.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160525/05fa7cd671c8dc10deeab3efd7144906.jpg

NickTyler
26-05-2016, 11:44 AM
I wish I had ambient lighting. It was one of my 'must haves' but the deal I got on the stock order was too good to miss.

Skippy73
26-05-2016, 02:39 PM
I love the Ambient Lighting but I feel like I'm in a dodgy night club. So to blend in I have started selling drugs in the car lol

srbsq7
26-05-2016, 03:06 PM
I love the Ambient Lighting but I feel like I'm in a dodgy night club. So to blend in I have started selling drugs in the car lol

The red is definitely suspect!

andyhud007
26-05-2016, 03:08 PM
The red is definitely suspect!

Agreed. I have a purply colour and the missus has blue. Its cool it switches to whoever is driving (need Adv Key for it though I believe)

Skippy73
26-05-2016, 03:14 PM
Agreed. I have a purply colour and the missus has blue. Its cool it switches to whoever is driving (need Adv Key for it though I believe)
Purple colour pffft please, just admit it Andy you have pink when you drive. Lol

andyhud007
26-05-2016, 03:24 PM
I'm not entertaining this conversation Skippy.. lol...

srbsq7
26-05-2016, 04:36 PM

Setting up the wife's second key is a job for this weekend. I expect she'll no ambient lighting at all!

Does the Adv key remember if you've got lane assist etc enabled? I expect she'll want all that turned off too!

andyhud007
26-05-2016, 04:42 PM
Yes it does. It remembers seats, mirrors, heating, radio, ambient light, drive select, lane assist on/off

pretty much everything. Just make sure you switch it on in the MMI, set it all up and then lock the car with the key you want to store it too. Once all saved, go back into the MMI and turn it off again. Otherwise if you change or use the other key it will overwrite previous settings

srbsq7
26-05-2016, 04:50 PM
Yes it does. It remembers seats, mirrors, heating, radio, ambient light, drive select, lane assist on/off

pretty much everything. Just make sure you switch it on in the MMI, set it all up and then lock the car with the key you want to store it too. Once all saved, go back into the MMI and turn it off again. Otherwise if you change or use the other key it will overwrite previous settings

Thanks Andy. Good news. You've reminded me about that MMI bit. Dealer did mention it doing the handover but didn't quite understand and was about an hour in and brain was overloaded!

andyhud007
26-05-2016, 04:53 PM
No worries. Its under "Car / Vehicle Settings / Seats"... I think..

srbsq7
26-05-2016, 06:05 PM
Another thing I like #83 - button on boot that allows you to close the boot and lock the car

JMB7
26-05-2016, 06:44 PM
Just out of interest, with the advanced key can you also close the boot using the key as well as opening it like you can with standard key?
Like in this video? Had standard key on previous one but it would only open the boot and not close it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-6rH7DHvDWk&feature=youtu.be

srbsq7
26-05-2016, 06:52 PM
Just out of interest, with the advanced key can you also close the boot using the key as well as opening it like you can with standard key?
Like in this video? Had standard key on previous one but it would only open the boot and not close it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-6rH7DHvDWk&feature=youtu.be

Yes, you can close with the key, one of the buttons in the boot lid or by doing the kick under the bumper

Nemo78
26-05-2016, 07:22 PM
Really wish I'd have known that previously as would've specd the Adv Key as that also gives the electric cover in boot

srbsq7
26-05-2016, 07:47 PM
Really wish I'd have known that previously as would've specd the Adv Key as that also gives the electric cover in boot

That works quite well. Only had to do it manually when taking it out to look at the third row seats.

I struggled to find a YouTube video of it when researching each option. Most videos have the cover removed.

andyhud007
26-05-2016, 08:25 PM
Agreed, I just looked for car pics and in the boot area the two "runners" up each side of the back of the car. If they are there you know you have the electric boot lid.

andyhud007
26-05-2016, 08:25 PM
Another thing I like #83 - button on boot that allows you to close the boot and lock the car

Yes, the padlock button. Shut boot and lock car in one hit. Simple but effective.

but you can't do the total closure of windows and sunroof with that button obviously as the boot is shutting :)

maxw
26-05-2016, 08:49 PM
One thing I want to add is yes the boot will shut with the button on key fob but you have to be with in a few feet or it won't shut
Opening the boot with the key fob you can do this prob nearly ten meters away but it won't shut only if really close

the boot release in the driver door pocket will open the boot but not shut the boot

the only way it shuts via this button is you must have the car running strange that one

pess the lock key on the inside of boot lid and boot shuts and locks all doors

but on mine anyway if car is locked and you open the boot with button beside the number plate light with out unlocking the car then go to unlock the car by grabbing a door handle the car won't open the only way you can then unlock the car is via key fob

not sure if this is anything to do with in case you leave keys in boot but not sure why

i have to make sure I unlock the car then open the boot
any one else find this or have a reason why?

this is with advance key

thanks

M

Nemo78
26-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Ok here's one is it a find (not really) it's something in one of the spec options.

Some Q7s have parking sensors on the sides of their bumpers and some don't...

It could be a 360 view option with parking pack advanced, it could be something to do with dynamic pack which gives you the extra pre senses...

I don't know which but it's a find of sorts [emoji5]

andyhud007
26-05-2016, 10:37 PM
They are for park assist (self parking) which is part of Park Pack Standard or Park Pack Advanced

srbsq7
26-05-2016, 10:48 PM
One thing I want to add is yes the boot will shut with the button on key fob but you have to be with in a few feet or it won't shut
Opening the boot with the key fob you can do this prob nearly ten meters away but it won't shut only if really close

the boot release in the driver door pocket will open the boot but not shut the boot

the only way it shuts via this button is you must have the car running strange that one

pess the lock key on the inside of boot lid and boot shuts and locks all doors

but on mine anyway if car is locked and you open the boot with button beside the number plate light with out unlocking the car then go to unlock the car by grabbing a door handle the car won't open the only way you can then unlock the car is via key fob

not sure if this is anything to do with in case you leave keys in boot but not sure why

i have to make sure I unlock the car then open the boot
any one else find this or have a reason why?

this is with advance key

thanks

M

I need to try this's find the max range, but I used the key to close the boot tonight from approx 3m away. How close do you think you need to be?

srbsq7
26-05-2016, 10:58 PM
One thing I've found with self parking is that will only use it for parallel parking.

As it uses the sensors Nemo & Andy have mentioned, it can only find gaps between cars and not identify the actual lines. Maybe in 2-3 years time I'll consider parking in-between other cars but not now!

All round cameras are highly recommended though.

pitch3110
26-05-2016, 11:15 PM
On my previous A6 and the R when I put the car in P and turn off the handbrake auto came on. On the Q7 it does not do this which is a PITA. Is there a way to enable, am I missing something.

Cheers chaps

Pitch

srbsq7
26-05-2016, 11:31 PM
On my previous A6 and the R when I put the car in P and turn off the handbrake auto came on. On the Q7 it does not do this which is a PITA. Is there a way to enable, am I missing something.

Cheers chaps

Pitch

+1

I'm still getting used to this. On the X5 I only ever put the handbrake on when on a steep hill as it didn't disengage when you pull away like the Q7 does.

The downside of the Q7 is I seem to have a habit of hitting the silver button on the right side of the gear lever before realising the park button is to the rear. Even when park is selected, it does seem to move a bit more.

Definitely worried I'll get mixed up and back up into the garage door. Hopefully I'll adjust very soon...

andyhud007
26-05-2016, 11:54 PM

Cheers chaps

Pitch
Yes its doable. I'm. Working out the coding to enable it.

pitch3110
01-06-2016, 07:18 PM
The Q7 very nicely told me this evening that my 6S needed charging. Dam decent of it.

Pitch

Nemo78
02-06-2016, 02:50 PM
Re handbrake the other thing is once you've put it on the red light disappears pretty quickly - so I've found myself going back in to the car (well leaning over from door) to make sure it's set

Nemo78
02-06-2016, 02:56 PM
Discovered this after what is now nearly 8 months of ownership whilst away for a few days this week

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160602/6783dd4e5e5971187cc48cb5b90d14b5.jpg

Sat Nav giving me options of route!

t1sh
02-06-2016, 10:19 PM
Regarding fuel tank just noticed something interesting. Loads of people state they can't get 85l! :) on spec is written "around 85l", funny but true!

Nemo78
02-06-2016, 10:42 PM
Regarding fuel tank just noticed something interesting. Loads of people state they can't get 85l! :) on spec is written "around 85l", funny but true!

Oh yeah building on this I got 70L in to my 73L tank (or whatever the non 85L tank holds)

andyhud007
02-06-2016, 10:43 PM
I filled mine up tonight with just 5 miles showing on the dash. I got 69.93 litres in right to the brim. I have the 75l tank

satyp
02-06-2016, 10:55 PM
85L fuel tank cap. . . sounds more and more like farce.. I want to know more out the 24L Adblue now.. That's the deal breaker.. It's no wonder it's free now.. 😃👍

Big_D_80
03-06-2016, 10:49 PM
If the car doesn't automatically choose to go into coasting mode for whatever reason, you can force intelligent coasting to engage if you hit the upshift on the flappy paddle gear change and if the road conditions allow.

pitch3110
03-06-2016, 11:30 PM
If the car doesn't automatically choose to go into coasting mode for whatever reason, you can force intelligent coasting to engage if you hit the upshift on the flappy paddle gear change and if the road conditions allow.

cheers fella I will give this find a try.

Saving fuel = data fund.

Ta
Pitch

srbsq7
07-06-2016, 06:49 AM

One thing I noticed whilst trying this out yesterday is that coasting mode seems to be unavailable whilst ACC is enabled.

I've been mainly driving with ACC on and getting about 20mpg on the trip to the station. With it turned off I managed 25mpg this morning - mostly downhill so coasting was frequently engaged.

I'll do a few more comparisons but may need to think more about when to use and not!

Q7newbie
07-06-2016, 07:34 AM
One thing I noticed whilst trying this out yesterday is that coasting mode seems to be unavailable whilst ACC is enabled.

I've been mainly driving with ACC on and getting about 20mpg on the trip to the station. With it turned off I managed 25mpg this morning - mostly downhill so coasting was frequently engaged.

I'll do a few more comparisons but may need to think more about when to use and not!
Yup. Intelligent coasting never engages if cruise control is enabled.

Q7newbie
07-06-2016, 07:38 AM
It might just be me, but I've also noticed that I am getting much better fuel consumption driving in full manual than any automatic set up. Even efficiency. The key reason being I think is that in auto, even in efficiency, the gearbox seems to love dropping a cog even for the most minute of acceleration pips. Or for the slightest of gradient inclines. It's as though it thinks it can't maintain the fear and the speed.
While in manual, I can sit I have 8th a d drive from 45mph to 95mph and all in between without needing to ever drop a gear.

Q7newbie
07-06-2016, 07:39 AM
Manual is so much more fun to drive in too when you wanna thrash it for a quick blast/acceleration!

pitch3110
08-06-2016, 08:51 PM
I find this motor rolls rolls when you take your foot off the go peddle. The rolling resistance must be zero. Any one else finding this.

i had a down hill section today on the way home so kicked off cruise hit + paddle so just D was shown and the car did not let up and increased mpg by a margin. Bingo I thought fuel saving will help towards the data spend !!!!!!!!!!!

Pitch

Q7newbie
08-06-2016, 09:29 PM
I find this motor rolls rolls when you take your foot off the go peddle. The rolling resistance must be zero. Any one else finding this.

i had a down hill section today on the way home so kicked off cruise hit + paddle so just D was shown and the car did not let up and increased mpg by a margin. Bingo I thought fuel saving will help towards the data spend !!!!!!!!!!!

Pitch
You're still bleeding megabytes?

Skippy73
08-06-2016, 09:31 PM

Pitch
Yeah I have found this also. I have coasted for some serious distance the car just kept on rolling and held speed was brilliant.

I think I am going with the ee sim. Sucking it up £22 for 16Gb mth rolling 30day contract and it's extra fast 4G. I didn't realise that ee have fast 4G than all the other networks and they have 4G+ so in some areas you can get up to 40mps speed that's faster than most home broadband.

I have checked my area and it has good coverage. 16Gb mth will easily have plenty of allowance and I can let the kids have Netflix or you tube on so not bad. I can suck up £22mth.

andyhud007
08-06-2016, 09:32 PM
Yeah I have found this also. I have coasted for some serious distance the car just kept on rolling and held speed was brilliant.

I think I am going with the ee sim. Sacking it up £22 for 16Gb mth rolling 30day contract and it's extra fast 4G. I didn't realise that ee have fast 4G than all the other networks and they have 4G+ so in some areas you can get up to 40mps speed that's faster than most home broadband.

I have checked my area and it has good coverage. 16Gb mth will easily have plenty of allowance and I can let the kids have Netflix or you tube on so not bad. I can suck up £22mth.

Skippy, can you share exactly the deal you are going to get? I think I'll do the same..

Cheers

Skippy73
08-06-2016, 09:39 PM
Skippy, can you share exactly the deal you are going to get? I think I'll do the same..

Cheers
Yeah it's

Pay Monthly Data SIM | 4GEE SIM Only Deals & Plans | EE (http://shop.ee.co.uk/sim-only/pay-monthly-data)

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160608/7ceffe727fd87a297ff973ba8592cb23.jpg

Double speed as well. If I'm not happy 30day rolling I can cancel any time

andyhud007
08-06-2016, 09:40 PM
so your not tied to a 12/24 month contract then... thanks mate, very helpful.

pitch3110
08-06-2016, 09:50 PM

I think I am going with the ee sim. Sucking it up £22 for 16Gb mth rolling 30day contract and it's extra fast 4G. I didn't realise that ee have fast 4G than all the other networks and they have 4G+ so in some areas you can get up to 40mps speed that's faster than most home broadband.

what about the PAYG on the data thread Skip, did it work??

Skippy73
08-06-2016, 09:53 PM
so your not tied to a 12/24 month contract then... thanks mate, very helpful.
No you can choose the deal as 30 day rolling contract or 12mth contract.

I popped into the shop today and they have a deal in store for 50Gb £34mth on 12mth contract almost half usual price. But I think it's to much more than I'm willing to pay or is reasonable for a car data. Plus 16Gb should be shed loads.

andyhud007
08-06-2016, 10:01 PM
Damn thats good value if you needed 50GB a month.. agreed, I think 16GB is ample

Thanks again mate, very helpful

Skippy73
08-06-2016, 10:04 PM
what about the PAYG on the data thread Skip, did it work??
PayG was fine which I got from amazon and is still in the car at the moment which is 6Gb valid for 90days. BUT, after 90days or when you have to top up I have discovered the data rates are not as good. Plus we have all been monitoring or data usage like crazy and in 2 weeks I have used 1.5Gb just Internet radio and audi connect features like Google earth online traffic etc. So based on the figure my general car usage will be 8Gb a month worst case. That then leaves me a whole 8Gb every month that the kids and the wife can use on Netflix or you tube in the car wifi.

The fact is I want to enjoy my car and all the features it has. I don't want to be worried and checking data usage every 5 minutes and trying to restrict the cars functions so as to not use data. I want to enjoy the car 😉.

So for me 22mth for 16Gb means I can be worry free. And the ee plan offers double 4G speed on that tarrif. 30day contract also means if it's too much or I'm not happy I can cancel.

pitch3110
08-06-2016, 10:07 PM
Agree totally Skip. With the PAYG did you just pop it in the glovebox and all was go or did it need setting up??

Ta
Pitch

srbsq7
08-06-2016, 10:09 PM
Just checked BT Mobile deal and it's changed from the one I went for last month.

Now £21pm (or £16pm if you have BT broadband) for 15gb on 12 month plan. As said before, leverages EE so you also get the Faster 4G which goes up to 60Mbps.

Skippy73
08-06-2016, 10:09 PM
Agree totally Skip. With the PAYG did you just pop it in the glovebox and all was go or did it need setting up??

Ta
Pitch
Had to be setup mate. Put the sim in the car and turned on the wifi hotspot setting in the car. Then paired my ipad to the cars wifi and as soon as you try to load a Internet page or any sort the ee pops up asking you to register the sim first and then boom your done.

Plus ee have a good app that you can see anytime what your usage is at.

satyp
08-06-2016, 10:12 PM
Yeah it's

Pay Monthly Data SIM | 4GEE SIM Only Deals & Plans | EE (http://shop.ee.co.uk/sim-only/pay-monthly-data)

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160608/7ceffe727fd87a297ff973ba8592cb23.jpg

Double speed as well. If I'm not happy 30day rolling I can cancel any time

Hi sorry just to save me checking I take it the Data only has no hotspot/tether restrictions?

Skippy73
08-06-2016, 10:17 PM
Hi sorry just to save me checking I take it the Data only has no hotspot/tether restrictions?

No I checked that asked in store today. No restrictions. Also 100mb allowance roaming abroad every month not much but something atleast. We are driving to disney in Paris in December. So that might be handy for Google earth. I will just turn everything else off.

andyhud007
08-06-2016, 10:20 PM
Yep sounds like a right ol' deal to me... I want to enjoy car without worrying about data too. Great work Skippy

pitch3110
08-06-2016, 10:21 PM
Had to be setup mate. Put the sim in the car and turned on the wifi hotspot setting in the car. Then paired my ipad to the cars wifi and as soon as you try to load a Internet page or any sort the ee pops up asking you to register the sim first and then boom your done.

Plus ee have a good app that you can see anytime what your usage is at.

All done Skip and many many thanks another pint .......

ta
Pitch

satyp
08-06-2016, 10:25 PM
No I checked that asked in store today. No restrictions. Also 100mb allowance roaming abroad every month not much but something atleast. We are driving to disney in Paris in December. So that might be hand for Google earth. I will just turn everything else off.

#awesome 👍

Was about to do for three SIM only 30 day contracty for UNLIMITED data 600mins voice and 30 Gb pm hotspotting for appx 28pm

http://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Plans_for_phones

Skippy73
08-06-2016, 10:28 PM
#awesome 👍

Was about to do for three SIM only 30 day contracty for UNLIMITED data 600mins voice and 30 Gb pm hotspotting for appx 28pm

SIM Only Plans for Phones | Unlimited Data Plan | Three (http://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Plans_for_phones)

Well I was also looking at that mate, but what I didn't realise is that deal is for phones only and won't work in data sim devices like ipads etc or the Q7 in our case. I didn't know that I think the sim is different or something.

Plus I didn't realise ee have much faster and better 4G coverage. I just thought that 4G was 4G but it's not.

andyhud007
08-06-2016, 10:33 PM
No your right. EE def has better coverage.

satyp
08-06-2016, 10:34 PM
Yeah thats right..EE have the best 4G spectrum licences frequencies.. 3 I believe followed bt Three then Voda.. O2 got the rear end of the deal.. However there 4g frequencies are good indoors built up space etc

satyp
08-06-2016, 10:37 PM
I wasn't aware EE had launched these data only sims either.. So focused on three as they lead the way at one stage... Just as well there this place for near instant results and commentary.. Beats facebook anyday 😃[emoji3]

Skippy73
08-06-2016, 10:37 PM
I've read three are second lowest with o2 at bottom. EE and Vodafone are the top 2. Vodafone are the only other provider offering 4G advanced which is 4G+.

satyp
08-06-2016, 10:48 PM
I've read three are second lowest with o2 at bottom. EE and Vodafone are the top 2. Vodafone are the only other provider offering 4G advanced which is 4G+.

Possibly stand corrected... Maybe cause I think voda s**** [emoji6]

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160608/d41495f5fee76fa21721c870fcfa83a4.gif

Skippy73
08-06-2016, 10:50 PM
Possibly stand corrected... Maybe cause I think voda s**** [emoji6]

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160608/d41495f5fee76fa21721c870fcfa83a4.gif

Agreed i am not a Vodafone fan.

satyp
08-06-2016, 11:06 PM
Good Read fir2 future Ref:-

The UK's 4G Landscape: How The Networks Compare for Coverage & Speeds - Ken's Tech Tips (http://kenstechtips.com/index.php/uk-4g-landscape)

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160608/b54bdb7eb02498cab4e8e3e9c2748c8d.jpg

Skippy73
08-06-2016, 11:21 PM
Good Read fir2 future Ref:-

The UK's 4G Landscape: How The Networks Compare for Coverage & Speeds - Ken's Tech Tips (http://kenstechtips.com/index.php/uk-4g-landscape)

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160608/b54bdb7eb02498cab4e8e3e9c2748c8d.jpg

Satyp that article is a bit old. 2013. Particularly since Vodafone only started their 4g in August of that year and Three started at the end of that year.

http://www.4g.co.uk/how-fast-is-4g/

Read that and it's current results reflect March 2016.

satyp
08-06-2016, 11:31 PM
Yeah I tried.. I keep getting this for that site. .. Will need to try at work tomorrow..

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160608/c13f41966dbcc431427a72f47f553bc7.jpg

Skippy73
08-06-2016, 11:32 PM
Yeah I tried.. I keep getting this for that site. .. Will need to try at work tomorrow..

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160608/c13f41966dbcc431427a72f47f553bc7.jpg

Yeah I was getting that an hour ago then it came good.

Must be updating it

satyp
08-06-2016, 11:32 PM
I thought the spectrum frequencies is still the same in any case?..

satyp
08-06-2016, 11:34 PM
Heh heh lol gr8 👌.. Thought it was just me..

satyp
08-06-2016, 11:36 PM
Virgin broadband I guess.. As I'm still getting it

srbsq7
08-06-2016, 11:41 PM
Had EE 4G+ data sim in my iPad for 18 months and it's really good. Definitely no tethering issues as often link laptop or mobile if data is getting low.

On the train Stansted Express into London, I can stream BBC iPlayer etc for >95% of the journey. In London the download speed can be ridiculously quick.

I would have gone for this deal too but last month BT was cheaper for the identical service.

satyp
08-06-2016, 11:57 PM
Had EE 4G+ data sim in my iPad for 18 months and it's really good. Definitely no tethering issues as often link laptop or mobile if data is getting low.

On the train Stansted Express into London, I can stream BBC iPlayer etc for >95% of the journey. In London the download speed can be ridiculously quick.

I would have gone for this deal too but last month BT was cheaper for the identical service.
So was before BT ~ EE takeover.. So now EE retains brand.. Is EE cheaper again.. Parenthood`s definitely slowed me down more than it should.. Need to keep up. [emoji50]

t1sh
09-06-2016, 06:53 AM
I don't get it why it is so expensive in UK regarding LTE internet monthly contracts.
For example in Poland, I am about to get 12months contract which costs around £5.60 for first 3 months and then just over £11 for 75GB data per month! :)

satyp
09-06-2016, 08:07 AM
I don't get it why it is so expensive in UK regarding LTE internet monthly contracts.
For example in Poland, I am about to get 12months contract which costs around £5.60 for first 3 months and then just over £11 for 75GB data per month! :)
Everything is gotten expensive here.. more so after 2008 [emoji33] :-0..

Getting offtopic here but Another good one is why do you need to pay FULL line rental on telephone (LAST MILE) copper line when all you want is BROADBAND with no telephone calls.. Minimum line rental should suffice for any maintenance of a 50+ year old pots telephone line...

srbsq7
09-06-2016, 10:14 AM
Everything is gotten expensive here.. more so after 2008 [emoji33] :-0..

Getting offtopic here but Another good one is why do you need to pay FULL line rental on telephone (LAST MILE) copper line when all you want is BROADBAND with no telephone calls.. Minimum line rental should suffice for any maintenance of a 50+ year old pots telephone line...

Agree. It's okay if you can live with one of these quad-play deals from one supplier but you pay through the nose if you have a preferred supplier for each. I have BT landline / entry level broadband as a backup and to get cheaper BT Sport, Virgin Broadband, Sky TV and EE mobile. I've never added up the monthly cost for all as it's better not knowing... :(

Skippy73
09-06-2016, 10:57 AM
We have virgin telly and broadband. Got first 6 moths half price and now we only pay 48mth I think. But that gives us 100mbps fibre Internet into our house, a decent TV package. No sports though :-( and of course the phone line. We don't have a landline handset because now with mobiles the only calls you get are cold callers selling crap but we do have the land line connected to an autodialer for our intruder alarm and it rings our mobiles if the alarm is activated so the land line is good for us.

satyp
09-06-2016, 12:49 PM
Nice got virgin too ..as they are the ONLY broadband compnany (seeing in as they are Cable operators) that do NOT require you have a phone line  .. So very similar to yours actually..

I've ditched the TV last year and took on the phone line for the alarm as well as calls preset numbers .. Thinking of ditching the landline at somepoint too as the alarm is capable gsm cards dialing via module.. Will see 👀

satyp
09-06-2016, 12:55 PM
Might take up sky next year for 12months.. If they wire all my rooms up with twin sat cables to the existing or new dish for Free.. ditch sky and use all the cable for twin freesat in all the rooms, should be decent wuad freesat pvrs receivers by then.. [emoji6] .. Decisions Decisions.. Heh..

But 1st I need figure how to get plex and tiny synology nas for the q7, I've heard someone running synology on a tiny lower watt device.

Skippy73
09-06-2016, 12:58 PM
Nice got virgin too ..as they are the ONLY broadband compnany (seeing in as they are Cable operators) that do NOT require you have a phone line  .. So very similar to yours actually..

I've ditched the TV last year and took on the phone line for the alarm as well as calls preset numbers .. Thinking of ditching the landline at somepoint too as the alarm is capable gsm cards dialing via module.. Will see 👀

Well since we are all technology geeks or we wouldn't be in a Q7 lol. I am slowly automating my home.

6months ago I installed honeywell home Evo. Which I installed wifi thermostatic values to each radiator and a wireless signal relay to the boiler. So instead of a single thermostat telling the boiler to run for central heating I each thermostat on the radiator can tell the boiler to run independently. It's great because it comes with a touch screen controller that is Wall mounted but you can lift off and carry around the house plus a great app on the phone. So rooms not being used we switch off and the boiler only runs when a wifi radiator value says that room is cold. So no unnecessary heating. And you can control each room off your phone from anywhere. Now on the same app honeywell has released a security alarm that you can arm and unarm the house from the app on your phone and get notifications of alarms via the wifi unit which will make the landline redundant.

andyhud007
09-06-2016, 12:58 PM
I have a synology at home for a whole multitude of things.. but running one in a car? So plex is running on your phone via Android Auto for example?

pitch3110
09-06-2016, 01:33 PM
Arlo is worth a look for your cctv my geeky buddies......

Pitch

satyp
09-06-2016, 02:26 PM
I have a synology at home for a whole multitude of things.. but running one in a car? So plex is running on your phone via Android Auto for example?

Yeah, plex sync needs a lot of pre-planning and time before a trip , so have generally used DS Video station either via data from DS412+ and more recently the offline/transcoding mode with DSM 6.0 Release, again, takes a bit of pre planning,.. I guess plex sync and ds audi should work a treat ? via Android Auto?.. Haven't taken delivery of the motor as yet so...

But some of the folks on the forum had mentioned wifi hdd for the aftermarket rear seat tablet entertainment on longer drives. Somy initial thoughts, was looking at keeping a synced wifi or WIFI SD card/WIFI-HDD with at least the kids movies that I could plug into Either a iNTEL NUC , Raspberry Pi or Synology EDS14 type device, and throw in to back of the car plug into to the 12v whenever we travel..

Then using the either the DS video or( plex client depending NUC chip... more likely not)

Heard family member running synology software in an Esxi VM and is attempting to to port to a QNAP 2-bay HS-251 Fanless Slim NAS docker app, so I'm toying with te idea of something like that provided I can power it and find a suitable wifi dingle

Anyway time and the q7 car is also a prerequisite, drawback of getting a non-stock I suppose.. too much waiting :(

srbsq7
09-06-2016, 02:28 PM
Might take up sky next year for 12months.. If they wire all my rooms up with twin sat cables to the existing or new dish for Free.. ditch sky and use all the cable for twin freesat in all the rooms, should be decent wuad freesat pvrs receivers by then.. [emoji6] .. Decisions Decisions.. Heh..

But 1st I need figure how to get plex and tiny synology nas for the q7, I've heard someone running synology on a tiny lower watt device.

I've gone down the Sky Q route. Warning - don't follow me!

I've got the Silver main box with 3 mini's. Wife and kids not happy with me for upgrading. So many issues, hangs. Now got a booster and replaced silver box but still unreliable.

I've just bought a plug to kill the power to the silver box every night for when we go away so it doesn't lose 2 weeks of recordings....

satyp
09-06-2016, 02:59 PM
I've gone down the Sky Q route. Warning - don't follow me!

I've got the Silver main box with 3 mini's. Wife and kids not happy with me for upgrading. So many issues, hangs. Now got a booster and replaced silver box but still unreliable.

I've just bought a plug to kill the power to the silver box every night for when we go away so it doesn't lose 2 weeks of recordings....
Lol this is funny nearly took the plunge when sky rep at Mall was giving it the ...

He didn't realise I was a techie at 1st... Was about to do it but thought I'd sleep on it.. Still sleeping on it thanks to the Mrs.. [emoji33] [emoji3]

srbsq7
09-06-2016, 03:29 PM
Lol this is funny nearly took the plunge when sky rep at Mall was giving it the ...

He didn't realise I was a techie at 1st... Was about to do it but thought I'd sleep on it.. Still sleeping on it thanks to the Mrs.. [emoji33] [emoji3]

It's great that all TV's have HD now but the unreliability kills it. Hopefully they'll fix the bugs and it will be okay. I had to revert it to WiFi and running it over ethernet just caused the boxes to fall over even more frequently. Even the GUI is odd, they've added some nice features but taken away a load of standard functions for no apparent reason e.g. you can't pick how many minutes you want to jump to in a recording?? When you have customers that have been used to the standard Sky+ and Sky+HD way of operating for over a decade, they've made the learning curve needlessly steep.

At least when Sky+HD hung, you'd see FAILED in the planner. Sky Q just doesn't record stuff and you've no idea what you've missed. If it wasn't for catch-up, the family would have demanded it be chucked out and reverted back to the old boxes. The new fancy remote is sh!t too. And the box is noisy. :aargh4:

satyp
09-06-2016, 03:44 PM
It's great that all TV's have HD now but the unreliability kills it. Hopefully they'll fix the bugs and it will be okay. I had to revert it to WiFi and running it over ethernet just caused the boxes to fall over even more frequently. Even the GUI is odd, they've added some nice features but taken away a load of standard functions for no apparent reason e.g. you can't pick how many minutes you want to jump to in a recording?? When you have customers that have been used to the standard Sky+ and Sky+HD way of operating for over a decade, they've made the learning curve needlessly steep.

At least when Sky+HD hung, you'd see FAILED in the planner. Sky Q just doesn't record stuff and you've no idea what you've missed. If it wasn't for catch-up, the family would have demanded it be chucked out and reverted back to the old boxes. The new fancy remote is sh!t too. And the box is noisy. :aargh4:
I do hope they (rupert) are forced to give it away. Instead of launching it in this manner milking the 150-300 install charge.. Using a few customers in way as beta testers for a few years and then charging even more in 5years for the same base service..

It is interesting you said it lacking the UI feature set .. When it was originally sky “holy-grail” UI /pvr that was above anything else for a long time..

What can say .. But repeat still “Software is eternally Beta” in this age

elrao
09-06-2016, 03:47 PM
Not feeling so bad about going the route of a central Sky HD box with an HD distribution matrix now (HD Base-T over Cat6). Ok we can only watch one program at a time, but we can watch up to 4 sources in 4 locations in "perfect" HD.

On the in car topic, people have been building 12v carputers for years. You don't need much to run PMS on a Linux box if you can direct play on the client end and if you can connect wirelessly to your home WiFi network then you can push files out to the car's server easy enough, although you normally only have the carputer set to boot when the car is on, so you'd have to leave it running. Probably easier to have a detachable USB 3.0 HDD and just bring it inside every now and then to dump files on it.

srbsq7
09-06-2016, 03:52 PM
Carputer!! I've not heard that before. How ridiculous!!

How much are they and where can I buy one?

JMB7
09-06-2016, 04:07 PM
Our Sky Q has been great touch wood! Only one mini box though and both boxes hardwired. Few niggles like it not switching on to the TV guide but overall it's been all positive.

On my EE contract I got an extra data sim just for the car that uses my phone plans data allowance and allows me to use it as a hotspot.

elrao
09-06-2016, 04:38 PM
Was probably 10 years ago I last looked into it, just a case of building a mini computer using low power passive components, with a regulated 12v power supply to stabilize the power from the battery.

People used to hook them up to touchscreen monitors in a double din stereo enclosure, never got round to it myself. But it sounds like the sort of thing you guys might want if you want to a mini server to run plex from.

Q7newbie
10-06-2016, 06:51 AM
We have virgin telly and broadband. Got first 6 moths half price and now we only pay 48mth I think. But that gives us 100mbps fibre Internet into our house, a decent TV package. No sports though :-( and of course the phone line. We don't have a landline handset because now with mobiles the only calls you get are cold callers selling crap but we do have the land line connected to an autodialer for our intruder alarm and it rings our mobiles if the alarm is activated so the land line is good for us.

Sounds pretty similar to my set up. Except my Mrs insists on the full TV bouquet and I insist on the max broadband speed. Currently getting 200mb/s. I use a TorBrowser and virtual IP proxy to access the Web. All that extra encryption and routing can heavily slow down the Web browsing experience, so Virgin fibre optic is the only choice for me for quality and reliability. ☺

Q7newbie
10-06-2016, 06:55 AM

You're looking to have remote access/network streaming of your NAS straight form the car?

andyhud007
10-06-2016, 07:37 AM
You can stream Plex from your Synology over the internet to your mobile devices/tablets. Granted, data allowance and mobile signal aside but technically that is possible. No need for any NAS etc in the actual car.

satyp
10-06-2016, 07:59 AM
No problem with streaming plex or ds video from synology to the car remotely.. Yes data hog..

Have had more joy streaming with DS Video than streaming via plex as nas takes hit running plex as Synology hard ware transcoding has been limited up until recently I think. Not all my videos are ipad firendly either

I could just chuck in wireless hdd in the boot and conect to the car wifi for films but miss out on video info etc like you get with DS video and Plex..

Maybe simpler to invest in DS216Play or something..

andyhud007
10-06-2016, 08:10 AM
See your point, agree on transcoding issues on old(er) Synologies that didnt have the muscle

A smaller newer one with more grunt may be the way to go. Would you keep that in the car or at home and access OTA?

satyp
10-06-2016, 09:56 AM
See your point, agree on transcoding issues on old(er) Synologies that didnt have the muscle

A smaller newer one with more grunt may be the way to go. Would you keep that in the car or at home and access OTA?
Heh heh.. I would look to make it portable, I don't know may be with Ssd`s as I have a big setup at home 3 with expansion don't as why..

If i leave in the car then maybe i would need to worry about making the dsplay shock absorbing or something?.. Dunno yet..

Skippy73
10-06-2016, 10:43 AM
See I'm confused why everyone wants to make things so complicated? Running Plex or a media centre over the air (effectively) will always in my eyes be unreliable. There is the data allowance issue again for one and not to forget the black spots as you drive around this country, or charges if your trip takes you abroad.

I use PLex in our home and have the app on our bedroom telly, iPads and living room etc. It's brilliant and the server sits on our IMac. But for the car even before the Q7 we have a Seagate Wireless 2TB HDD. We sit it in the car powered by usb and it has the same catalogue of movies I have on the Plex server at home all with the album artwork. So the kids just touch the Seagate app and connect to the unit and choose from loads of movies. It can stream to multiple devices simultaneously such each person in the car can watch something different to each other. I even sort the wife out by putting her current TV series on it before any big trip. If what I have downloaded is not what anyone wants then now that I have the Data increased to 16Gb they can always watch Netflix or NOWTV instead.

But by using the in car Wireless HDD option I have increased my reliability for everyone within the car with no data usage by them (unless Netflix etc) so with all their headphones on it means I can piece fully listen to whatever I want on Spotify etc and have the cars main screen displaying what I want as the driver.

Makes sense to me.

Q7newbie
10-06-2016, 10:55 AM
See I'm confused why everyone wants to make things so complicated? Running Plex or a media centre over the air (effectively) will always in my eyes be unreliable. There is the data allowance issue again for one and not to forget the black spots as you drive around this country, or charges if your trip takes you abroad.

I use PLex in our home and have the app on our bedroom telly, iPads and living room etc. It's brilliant and the server sits on our IMac. But for the car even before the Q7 we have a Seagate Wireless 2TB HDD. We sit it in the car powered by usb and it has the same catalogue of movies I have on the Plex server at home all with the album artwork. So the kids just touch the Seagate app and connect to the unit and choose from loads of movies. It can stream to multiple devices simultaneously such each person in the car can watch something different to each other. I even sort the wife out by putting her current TV series on it before any big trip. If what I have downloaded is not what anyone wants then now that I have the Data increased to 16Gb they can always watch Netflix or NOWTV instead.

But by using the in car Wireless HDD option I have increased my reliability for everyone within the car with no data usage by them (unless Netflix etc) so with all their headphones on it means I can piece fully listen to whatever I want on Spotify etc and have the cars main screen displaying what I want as the driver.

Makes sense to me.

I'm inclined to strongly agree.
I live for maximum reliability. And when it comes to media-on-the-go, I think having a wireless HDD that's powered via 12v in the the car is top until some new science comes out. Ie. IOT.

andyhud007
10-06-2016, 10:55 AM
Skippy, your points are very sensible and I have never thought of it like that. I agree Data OTA, mobile signal, buffering and all that come into play so a Wireless Drive seems the way to go.

I have a DS2411 and DX1211 at home (12 bays on each) so masses of space and can stream to anywhere in the world but I know when I actually try that in the car, it wont work. You just know it wont.

Your option is cheaper than another synology in the boot too...

Q7newbie
10-06-2016, 11:06 AM
At home I said earlier I have Virgin Media fibre and full TV package minus movies and sky sports. This is because I refuse to enrich Murdoch any further, and I instead stream football, nba etc and pay-per view via the Mac Pro that's connected to the AV reciever. If I want it recorded for later viewing I have an app for that on the Mac.
I then have 3 WD Live NAS drives (each is 4tb) on my home network. Two are for Music, TV Shows and Movies suitable for all viewers (ie the kids). Then the 3rd one has a pass code access as it has movies rated above PG12 and all music of a more colourful articulation style!

The AV reciever, Xbox 1, Sonos and Mac are all hard wired to the router. The AV reciever is a 2 room and Sonos Control is set up in the lounge, kitchen, my bedroom and a guest room.

It means any device connected to the home network can access the media. The Sonos app or physical control let's me send what is wanted, where it's wanted.
And when out of the house, if need be too, all the media is still available via the WDCloud app.

Viva Q7, Audiophilia and gadgetry!

Skippy73
10-06-2016, 11:20 AM
Skippy, your points are very sensible and I have never thought of it like that. I agree Data OTA, mobile signal, buffering and all that come into play so a Wireless Drive seems the way to go.

I have a DS2411 and DX1211 at home (12 bays on each) so masses of space and can stream to anywhere in the world but I know when I actually try that in the car, it wont work. You just know it wont.

Your option is cheaper than another synology in the boot too...
Yeah I hear ya and every time the kids or the wife watch something in the car and it freezes I don't want that "your a bell end" look.

Reliability is key. Besides I want what bandwidth is in the car for me to keep me entertained while all the anti social family members watch movies lol

andyhud007
10-06-2016, 12:48 PM
Oh yes!

maxw
11-06-2016, 06:54 PM
Hi Guys

please can you all help and answer if your Audi 4m Q7 came with a car jack if you need to remove the wheel

do you only get a jack if you have a spare wheel?

i don't have a spare wheel so have tyre foam and compressor but no jack I also have air suspension

please can you let me know if you have a jack come with your new car? If so do you have spare wheel or tyre foam and air suspension ?

really would be a help if you can let me know as want to know if jack is missing or you don't get one anyway?

i have a tool kit wheel brace etc just no jack

thanks guys

M

satyp
11-06-2016, 07:04 PM
I believe the jack only comes with the space saving spare tyre.. Which if selected you drop a seat in the 3rd row.. I think you get the air compressor

JMB7
11-06-2016, 08:00 PM
I definitely got a jack with my original one (7 seats) as it was rattling around under the cover in the boot.

satyp
11-06-2016, 08:06 PM
I believe the jack only comes with the space saving spare tyre.. Which if selected you drop a seat in the 3rd row.. I think you get the air compressor

I did too in the 4L..

Just saw this..

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160611/a41c6c320cc1be8d25b0c6d74ad9704a.jpg

Damn things free but requires spare wheel to be ticked and loss of 7 seats..

maxw
11-06-2016, 10:04 PM
That's a bit of a pain

i got some rim seal and with the turbine wheels you can also see the inside rim so wanted to remove the wheels to clean and do this

so we get a wheel brace tool kit spinners box spanner even get wheel chocks but no jack to use these ?

it's like having a bike and not getting any pedals lol

M

Big_D_80
11-06-2016, 10:17 PM
Hi Guys

please can you all help and answer if your Audi 4m Q7 came with a car jack if you need to remove the wheel

do you only get a jack if you have a spare wheel?

i don't have a spare wheel so have tyre foam and compressor but no jack I also have air suspension

please can you let me know if you have a jack come with your new car? If so do you have spare wheel or tyre foam and air suspension ?

really would be a help if you can let me know as want to know if jack is missing or you don't get one anyway?

i have a tool kit wheel brace etc just no jack

thanks guys

M
My first q7 my15 came with a jack (possibly by accident) my replacement q7 my 16 didn't. Odd.

srbsq7
11-06-2016, 10:33 PM
My my16 hasn't. I've got the pump, sealant and chocks (iPhone spell check trying to say chicks but unfortunately was only metal chocks)

maxw
11-06-2016, 11:36 PM
My my16 hasn't. I've got the pump, sealant and chocks (iPhone spell check trying to say chicks but unfortunately was only metal chocks)

Wishfull thinking hoping you had chicks in ya tool kit he he

andyhud007
12-06-2016, 07:34 AM
Mine came with car Jack in black bag that sits in boot with no proper place for it. I have 7 seats and no space saving wheel. Maybe an accident too?

satyp
12-06-2016, 08:10 AM
Big_D and Andy the lord looketh down at you with a big smile.. [emoji33] [emoji6]

andyhud007
12-06-2016, 08:11 AM
Too right!

maxw
12-06-2016, 06:37 PM
Mine came with car Jack in black bag that sits in boot with no proper place for it. I have 7 seats and no space saving wheel. Maybe an accident too?

Andy
i have seen the bag loose in one I test drove and also often seen this loose in the boot looking at photos of Q7 on eBay I even asked in a post wondering what was in this bag now I know

seems it came with 2015 model then as mine is 2016

Andy
is it a scissor type jack?

Guessing you don't want to sell it?

thanks for all your replays

M

maxw
14-06-2016, 07:17 PM
Please if some one has a 4m q7 with a jack can you post or send me a photo as wanting to get the right one

there are lots of choices of jacks but the main difference is the top plate of the jack

This is one style that came with the 4L but not sure if the same as the 4m?
also there is a scissor style jack

thanks guys would be a huge help

andyhud007
15-06-2016, 04:40 PM
Hey Max. I'll take a pic when the missus gets home tonight...

Sorry mate, I'll be keeping it. I bet you can get it as a part. I'll try to find you the part number on the Audi Database.

maxw
15-06-2016, 04:47 PM
Thanks Andy mate
ive seen a few on flee bay but are off a 4L so just wanted to make sure I get the right one

would be a huge help mate thanks for your help

the photo above of the jack is a Porsche but same as the 4L

M

pitch3110
15-06-2016, 05:00 PM
Just twigged that the chrome on the centre of the steering wheel matches the front grill.

I am not driving BTW.

Pitch

JMB7
15-06-2016, 05:52 PM
Picked up new car today. On the old one for the life of me I couldn't get anything other than radio stations to store on the numbers above the touchscreen. Not sure if it's just the new car or i discovered the way by accident. (Software version is not newer than others have reported)

To store sat nav destination it only works if you scroll down to recent destination, select the one you want to store and press and hold the number for a few seconds until it says stored and beeps. Now just push that number to immediately navigate to the destination.

Same for phone numbers, it only worked from recent calls, again select and hold number you want to store it under. Then just press that number to immediately call the stored number.

I couldn't get it to work on old q7 but this one has same software so hoping the way above is the trick and it works for everyone.

andyhud007
15-06-2016, 05:54 PM
Thanks JMB7, I've stored radio stations on those 1-10 numbers but didnt realise they are contextually driven based on what screen is on the MMI. Good find, will test

Cheers

Andy

andyhud007
15-06-2016, 05:55 PM
Just twigged that the chrome on the centre of the steering wheel matches the front grill.

I am not driving BTW.

Pitch

Haha, your right! Epic find. Best one yet!

andyhud007
15-06-2016, 06:10 PM
Max. Here you go, this is what is in the bag. First time I've opened it too

and this bit of paper was in side. It will be one of the part numbers starting 8W0 or 4MO for the UK version. if there is such a specific version

Cheers

Andy

srbsq7
15-06-2016, 06:38 PM
Picked up new car today. On the old one for the life of me I couldn't get anything other than radio stations to store on the numbers above the touchscreen. Not sure if it's just the new car or i discovered the way by accident. (Software version is not newer than others have reported)

To store sat nav destination it only works if you scroll down to recent destination, select the one you want to store and press and hold the number for a few seconds until it says stored and beeps. Now just push that number to immediately navigate to the destination.

Same for phone numbers, it only worked from recent calls, again select and hold number you want to store it under. Then just press that number to immediately call the stored number.

I couldn't get it to work on old q7 but this one has same software so hoping the way above is the trick and it works for everyone.

Congrats!

Funnily enough I found the same re the telephone numbers this morning when killing time. Didn't know about the sat nav though [emoji106]

Skippy73
15-06-2016, 06:51 PM
I didn't know about either only the radio thanks 👍

Nemo78
15-06-2016, 07:17 PM
Max. Here you go, this is what is in the bag. First time I've opened it too

and this bit of paper was in side. It will be one of the part numbers starting 8W0 or 4MO for the UK version. if there is such a specific version

Cheers

Andy

I defo had this in original Q

Andy - clear your PMs trying to send you a message

maxw
15-06-2016, 07:35 PM
Than you so much Andy your a star

so they are different to the 4l then

that white bit on top of the jack plate is that part of the jack used to locate or just part of packing?

huge thanks for your help

andyhud007
15-06-2016, 11:32 PM
Andy - clear your PMs trying to send you a message

Deleted mate. fire away

andyhud007
15-06-2016, 11:34 PM
Than you so much Andy your a star

so they are different to the 4l then

that white bit on top of the jack plate is that part of the jack used to locate or just part of packing?

huge thanks for your help

No mate, the white bit is part of the jack itself. I guess its the bit that is making contact with the jack point on the underside of the car.

maxw
16-06-2016, 07:32 PM
Thank you kindly Andy

srbsq7
01-07-2016, 09:24 PM
Noticed when the car came back from the dealer, the air con wasn't showing the fan speed. When I lightly touched the switch, it said it was in auto. Read the manual and you can put it in auto by pushing the temp dial. Didn't know that!

t1sh
01-07-2016, 09:34 PM
Regarding 85l tank! I could not get more than 75l even though it showed only 30km left. I was told by dealer that diesel engines don't like when tank goes dry. Because of risk of getting air in it. Therefore there are 6-7l always left in the tank although it shows 30km left. Which sums up to the Audi "around" 85l advert thing! Joke or not, I can't really argue yhat

JMB7
02-07-2016, 07:17 AM
I ran mine with the 85l tank to zero range and it still only took 75l. Queried it with the dealer and got the same response.

satyp
02-07-2016, 08:15 AM
I think that's why Audi Zero`d the option on the configurator.. All the literature, the info on when look at the build in your Audi.. All indicates the same thing.. It f`in annoying as hell , especially as some have paid for it

satyp
02-07-2016, 08:26 AM
So I suppose the real question would be is... do you get 75l in a 75l tank or is it 65l? ... 10l is a big whoops by Audi marketing, physics or no marketing..!

I wonder if all configurators show the same marketing bs in all countries USA and Asia too on petrol tanks or just us Brits again!

Skippy73
02-07-2016, 09:18 AM
I think more the question is what is the reserve? So when you drive and the fuel warning light comes on how much is left. Perhaps 10ltr which is why you can only get 75ltr in the tank if it's a 85ltr car.

Gyro
02-07-2016, 09:44 AM
Is it maybe to counteract the effect of thermal expansion of the fluid? Say you fill up to the "brim" (85 litres) when it's really cold, then leave the car on your drive and the temperature increases considerably. The diesel will expand...and needs space to expand into BUT some very rough calcs suggest it would take a monumental temperature increase for it to expand by 10 litres *scratches head*.

satyp
02-07-2016, 09:47 AM
My Audi Technical details for the both the 4M AND 4L cars list fuel capacity is below - 4L lot huger apparently..

Gyro
02-07-2016, 09:52 AM
My Audi Technical details for the both the 4M AND 4L cars list fuel capacity is below - 4L lot huger apparently..

Yes...I remember brimming my 4L from empty in 2013 and it cost me about £140.

satyp
02-07-2016, 09:57 AM
Yes...I remember brimming my 4L from empty in 2013 and it cost me about £140.
The quoted 75l is for and 85l ordered spec... now I know how Audi claim part of the overall weight reduction [emoji1] [emoji4] [emoji6]

srbsq7
02-07-2016, 10:02 AM
I've just gone with the 75l tank. I've note noticed less miles per tank than previous two cars which had 85l and 100l tanks due to the better fuel economy.

I'll see how many litres I put in at next refuel to see how it compares to the 85l. Judging by above I shouldn't be putting more than 65.

satyp
02-07-2016, 11:10 AM
I've just gone with the 75l tank. I've note noticed less miles per tank than previous two cars which had 85l and 100l tanks due to the better fuel economy.

I'll see how many litres I put in at next refuel to see how it compares to the 85l. Judging by above I shouldn't be putting more than 65.
Hi SRB

Does the technical info bit say 75l in your myaudi dashboard or 65l for VIN not sure if it just default info for 4M..

srbsq7
02-07-2016, 11:38 AM
75l approx!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160702/3148b38b90f81add6c52bb2beb698264.jpg

Nemo78
02-07-2016, 01:22 PM
I'm sure i got close to 70L in the tank (on 75L tank)

satyp
02-07-2016, 01:34 PM
I'm sure i got close to 70L in the tank (on 75L tank)
Still not getting why Audi are Advertising an 85l option (24l Adblue) for £0.00 if physically both are filling 70 odd litres ai.. can't see it being a system bug either lol [emoji1]

75l standard + 24l Adblue.. still can't get head round that..

Can't wait to check if I can ever fill at least 20 litres of Adblue at the pump at some point, cause that will be good enough for me even if I don't get more than 70l on an 85l tank ..

Audi seem notorious for not keeping things straightforward for us guys somehow..[emoji30]

Nemo78
02-07-2016, 02:09 PM
So I've just fuelled the A6 ultra and it has a tank capacity of 73L and I managed to fill with 69L - car had about 30miles remaining pre fill up (the AdBlue is a 17L tanks)

pitch3110
06-07-2016, 07:35 PM
Nice screen which I have never noticed before but why is the screen showing a silver one not black like mine??????

Not great Audi, come on!!!!

Pitch

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt288/pitch3110/Cars/754E6B5F-CADD-4792-8925-2B1D0619847C.jpg (http://s620.photobucket.com/user/pitch3110/media/Cars/754E6B5F-CADD-4792-8925-2B1D0619847C.jpg.html)

andyhud007
06-07-2016, 09:04 PM
Lol, I noticed that too.. cant we take a picture and import it? :)

srbsq7
06-07-2016, 09:15 PM
I did wonder if the car graphics were colour matched! Is it the same for the engine temp graphic?

pitch3110
06-07-2016, 09:37 PM
Lol, I noticed that too.. cant we take a picture and import it? :)

Well if anyone can Andy..... I look forward to seeing your "how to..." thread before bedtime mate.. #Legend

andyhud007
06-07-2016, 10:20 PM
Haha.. I think that one might be passed me. Some new codings going up hopefully this weekend though!

satyp
08-07-2016, 07:39 AM
Anyone know this - trying to find the correct one before i buy - or there only one type

https://www.amazon.com/OBDeleven-bluetooth-diagnostic-android-obdII/dp/B00OTG9K9I (https://www.amazon.com/OBDeleven-bluetooth-diagnostic-android-obdII/dp/B00OTG9K9I)

Is this the right one to get for the 4M could possibly get it delivered via borderlinx.com (http://borderlinx.com/)

JMB7
08-07-2016, 08:05 AM
I think there's only one version, you can upgrade standard to pro anytime.
I got mine from the obdeleven website just to be sure and delivery to the UK was about 4-5 days.

satyp
08-07-2016, 08:13 AM
I got mine from the obdeleven website just to be sure and delivery to the UK was about 4-5 days.
That's right .. There's not much difference in pricewise.. :-0 getting it from stateside from amazon.com

Nice One cheers..thought they were different for different cars..

andyhud007
08-07-2016, 08:28 AM
JMB7 - I ordered one in the end aswell to add to my collection of devices... i wanted to see what its doing in comparison to VCDS/VCP and ODIS. However the one they sent me was bust, so I'm awaiting a replacement.

All in All, for simple coding, it seems a good device.

Nemo78
08-07-2016, 10:00 AM
This?

https://obdeleven.com

andyhud007
08-07-2016, 10:58 AM
correct.

Nemo78
08-07-2016, 11:11 AM
Is there an apple app?

JMB7
08-07-2016, 12:55 PM
Don't think there's an IOS app yet unfortunately. I had to use my wife's old tesco hudl.

maxw
09-07-2016, 02:02 AM
Hi all

just a small question for all 4m Q7 owners

has anyone else found had or noticed problems with Pannel alignment?

on mine the side line in the panels that run from corner of head light all the way just above door handles through to corner of rear light

on mine that line didn't quite line up

where the rear off side door meets the rear off side wing that line was about 2mm out plus the door sticks out slight when you run your hands over the door shut crease

also so rear of front near side door was 1mm out where meets rear near side door? Any one with this or sim?

i didn't notice at first but take a good look alone all lines and stand at back of car each side and look down the side to front

took car in they had it a day then went off to another body shop as Audi don't have there own all work get carried out by approved body company

all came back with lines very close but rear door still stick out very slight was told that's closest they can do hmmm

ok I'd nearly settle for that but now plastic wheel arch trim that's spit have on rear wing and other half on rear door making up the arch the gap between the 2 are noticeable told they can't do nothing

just check and have a good look as seem some cars slipped through Quality control for some reason

Nemo78
10-07-2016, 07:57 AM

What's the main difference between standard and pro? Will pro enable me to change codes on the car?

JMB7
10-07-2016, 08:29 AM
What's the main difference between standard and pro? Will pro enable me to change codes on the car?

Think the features are listed on website, off the top of my head it adds things like history of changes which is useful and access to adaptations and long codings.
It's useful for the simple changes but at the moment it can't access some modules, for example module 46 which I wanted to access to change boot opening time.
I've done needle sweep, lap timer and seat belt chime easily with it though.Waiting for more codes from Andy :)

Regarding panels, mine are all inline right up until the boot line which is about a mm out but barely noticeable.

satyp
10-07-2016, 09:10 AM
Ordered non pro.. Think you said we can always upgrade to it so..

Makes sense once you get a feel for it [emoji6]

Then do something like this..lol

Digital Carjackers Show Off New Attacks - YouTube (https://youtu.be/oqe6S6m73Zw)

Nemo78
10-07-2016, 09:24 AM
Awesome now just need to find a cheap android device!

Q7newbie
10-07-2016, 10:04 AM
Hi all

just a small question for all 4m Q7 owners

has anyone else found had or noticed problems with Pannel alignment?

on mine the side line in the panels that run from corner of head light all the way just above door handles through to corner of rear light

on mine that line didn't quite line up

where the rear off side door meets the rear off side wing that line was about 2mm out plus the door sticks out slight when you run your hands over the door shut crease

also so rear of front near side door was 1mm out where meets rear near side door? Any one with this or sim?

i didn't notice at first but take a good look alone all lines and stand at back of car each side and look down the side to front

took car in they had it a day then went off to another body shop as Audi don't have there own all work get carried out by approved body company

all came back with lines very close but rear door still stick out very slight was told that's closest they can do hmmm

ok I'd nearly settle for that but now plastic wheel arch trim that's spit have on rear wing and other half on rear door making up the arch the gap between the 2 are noticeable told they can't do nothing

just check and have a good look as seem some cars slipped through Quality control for some reason
Poor body panel issues are a well known notorious flaw on all Audi's. Far too often they have alignment issues and panel gap size issues.
I'd wager that if everyone on this forum checked their cars, at least 50% of us would report some panel problems.

andyhud007
10-07-2016, 10:22 AM
Yes. You need Pro for coding.. But it can't access all modules yet but I'm sure in time it will.

Nemo78
10-07-2016, 10:36 AM
Yes. You need Pro for coding.. But it can't access all modules yet but I'm sure in time it will.

Awesome - in a nice way I hate you all as I've now just clicked buy!!

Then I need a lesson on use thanks in advance :-)

satyp
10-07-2016, 10:46 AM
Awesome - in a nice way I hate you all as I've now just clicked buy!!

Then I need a lesson on use thanks in advance :-)
Pro?..

Nemo78
10-07-2016, 10:55 AM
Pro?..

Yup went for pro...

satyp
10-07-2016, 11:15 AM
Nice..

That bloody “Go Pro” dental brush ad keeps ringing in my head now 👊 [emoji15]

srbsq7
12-07-2016, 07:16 PM
I filled mine up tonight with just 5 miles showing on the dash. I got 69.93 litres in right to the brim. I have the 75l tank

Just filled mine up with 30 miles left showing and managed to get just over 64l in the 75l tank.

I used the "road trip" app a few years ago with the X5 and going to do the same to see how it's comparing with mpg and miles per tank.

Pretty sure the X5 was an 85l tank and looking at the app I struggled to get 400 miles per tank. I think the Q7 is a lot better!

andyhud007
15-07-2016, 12:13 PM
I've found the same! I think the seal / sound proofing is so good air can't escape!

What if I could tell you guys I've just found the coding so when you open the passenger (or driver) door the window drops a small amount for air to escape allowing it to close properly. Once closed the window goes back up....

satyp
15-07-2016, 12:15 PM
O dear lord.. He's done it again

I was thinking why these don't do it as I see it convertibles all the time..

satyp
15-07-2016, 12:16 PM
Why don't my mirrors tilt on reverse like the brochure says its meant to so I don't kerb.. :-0??

andyhud007
15-07-2016, 12:19 PM
Lol. I've cracked it.

Mirror it does tilt.just make sure the mirror control knob in drivers door is on the passenger mirror. Leave it on that all the time and it should work.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160715/18ec7d33ece20cb69ce7558f8a167a57.jpg

Skippy73
15-07-2016, 12:46 PM
Andy isn't the window drop option for frameless door cars like convertibles and A7 you window needs to drop slightly while the door opens and then closes and seals once closed. For doors without window frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nemo78
15-07-2016, 01:12 PM
Is it playtime now??

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160715/aa29d02f6f679496f5bdfea8ee936960.jpg

Tell you what it's a tiny lil thing!

andyhud007
15-07-2016, 01:56 PM
Andy isn't the window drop option for frameless door cars like convertibles and A7 you window needs to drop slightly while the door opens and then closes and seals once closed. For doors without window frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct Skippy. It was in my A5 Cabriolet.

I've just found the coding for it on the Q7 so using it to achieve the desired results even if it's not specifically designed to aid the shutting the giant doors!

Coding not 100% yet. Found a bug. Need to resolve first.

andyhud007
15-07-2016, 01:56 PM
Is it playtime now??

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160715/aa29d02f6f679496f5bdfea8ee936960.jpg

Tell you what it's a tiny lil thing!
Haha.. Good man Nemo. Get yourself hooked up. See if you can do an export scan of your car. Not sure if odbeleven can do that but if it can... Please share!

ragebe
15-07-2016, 02:00 PM
Can I do, with my VCDS, what you are suggesting doing with OBD11?

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

andyhud007
15-07-2016, 02:03 PM
Can I do, with my VCDS, what you are suggesting doing with OBD11?

If you have the hex net Ross tech interface yes. If you have hex can USB may not be possible

Nemo78
15-07-2016, 02:08 PM
Haha.. Good man Nemo. Get yourself hooked up. See if you can do an export scan of your car. Not sure if odbeleven can do that but if it can... Please share!

I will do - just waiting for a charger to sisters Samsung tablet I have 'borrowed' [emoji23]

Being an Apple man need to acquire the Android - she lost the charger over a year ago!

JMB7
15-07-2016, 02:17 PM
You can export a scan to an email address you add.

ragebe
15-07-2016, 02:17 PM
I have HEX+CAN On USB so presumably not then.

elrao
15-07-2016, 03:00 PM
Have ordered HEX-NET, and my MY17 car arrived at the dealer today!!

srbsq7
15-07-2016, 03:06 PM
Have ordered HEX-NET, and my MY17 car arrived at the dealer today!!

Excellent! Looking forward to the pics!

andyhud007
15-07-2016, 03:10 PM
I have HEX+CAN On USB so presumably not then.

Sadly not. It will see some modules but not most sadly. Ross tech offer a trade up service for a hex net if you contact Uwe there at a discounted price.

He is the director of Ross Tech.

andyhud007
15-07-2016, 03:10 PM
Excellent! Looking forward to the pics!
Good work!!! Pics please.!