PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Audi MMI Broken

OllyDowning
20-05-2016, 12:45 AM
Hello All,

I have a 2014 plate Audi A3 Sportback with MMI Navigation plus which has recently stopped working. It was fine this morning, but when I went out again this afternoon the MMI opened up as usual and I began to drive around not noticing it wasn't doing anything. It wasn't until I was on my way home I noticed that it was saying it was stuck initialising at 11%.

It turns out that the system boots up, stays on the logo (photo 1) for around a minute, the navigation loading screen (picture 2) then shows and loads to 11% where it says for around 3 minutes until the screen goes black and retracts into the dash. It stays there for a moment then the process begins again. This just consistently cycles.

Please see these pictures regarding what is happening. Apologies for the quality - Im not in the best of moods as you can imagine and photography wasn't high up on my list of priorities. They are in order of the process - I am unsure why it has flipped them to 90 degrees.

I have tried turning it off then on again, as well as using the three finger salute on the Menu, Central and Soft buttons on the centre console. I also used the two finger salute a few times as well :P

Many thanks for reading this, and any help in advance. Everyones 2 cents is appreciated.

Olly.

OllyDowning
20-05-2016, 11:39 AM
UPDATE: This fixed itself today after I had driven for about 20 minutes at ~60mph. I made a phone call from my paired phone which also may have given it the boot. I turned the ignition on as I went out to clean some stuff out of my wiper blades (bloody trees) and as I rang it defaulted to the in car bluetooth and as I got in everything was working. I am taking it to the dealer a week today for a service and will report back (incase anyone is interested) with what has actually been happening.

Thanks,