PDA

View Full Version : How much data does Car Net use?

MattB247
19-05-2016, 05:13 AM
Just about to receive my new Passat with Car Net and I'm wondering how much data does Car Net use from the mobile connection a month roughly? I have a company mobile with an unknown data plan and I'm wondering whether I'll need to buy a dedicated Sim to run it with or not.

technik
21-05-2016, 10:00 PM
Not much, but you'll have to be lucky to get your phone to connect in the first place ;-)

scottjc
21-05-2016, 10:33 PM
Not much, but you'll have to be lucky to get your phone to connect in the first place ;-)

Indeed. I got as far as getting the code from the website and connecting my phone via bluetooth but can't get my Discover Pro head unit to accept it...

YawnGumbo
21-05-2016, 11:27 PM
If you can enable a personal hotspot on your phone then you can connect through the WLAN option in the settings. Problem I have is it doesn't seem to remember the connection each time so I have to constantly re-enter the wireless key.

I would guess the data usage would be quite a lot if you use the Google Earth mapping with street view, but just for traffic updates, etc then I can't see it being that intensive.