PDA

View Full Version : New B8 Estate owner - a few issues

Phil750
18-05-2016, 04:13 PM
Hi All,

I got a brand new b8 passat estate Business edition 2 weeks ago. Overall im very happy but i am experiencing a few issues which dont seem to uncommon on here.

Its a business car so i went with the boring grey, had to have the 1.6 tdi Business edition, as well as adding - Dynaudio sound system, reversing camera, carnet app, colour display and the mood lighting.
Overall build time was 8 weeks so i was really happy with that!

Now down to the bad parts, the issues im having, please feel free to comment on anyone if it's just me or they are common!

1) Android auto constantly disconnecting. Now I've tried this with 2 different ones and it will just randomly disconnect and i can't figure out why. Sometimes it lasts an hour fine, other times it last 5 mins and dies. Only way to disconnect is unplug and re plug.
I've got a brand new HTC 10 but was using it for the first week with an older HTC and they both behave the same way. This is quiet annoying as if your using the satnav and it dies your left with no idea where to go! I've seen some threads where they needed
a software upgrade, but my car is brand new so surely it has the latest version! Especially as car net itself is rubbish having to link it to your phone every time!

2) Bluetooth phone disconnecting randomly. I normaly have my personal phone and my work phone connected. Sometimes it works a breeze and lets me have both, but mostly my work phone (a new but cheapo samsung) will disconnect for 5 minutes randomly.

3) Reversing camera not gone see through. For the first week, when i went on reversing camera the picture of the car with the sensors would go see through, now it just stays black and blocks off half the screen? Can't see any setting for this?

4) Not being able to open the boot with the camera up. A few times i've pulled up to drop someone off and they've gone to get something out the boot, but it wont open unless i turn the engine off and press the unlock button! This is quiet annoying!

Happy to be part of the club though guys

gamichea
18-05-2016, 05:23 PM
Had my B8 GT 190 12 days and 1400 miles and also very happy.

Can't comment on phone issues as do not use these facilities.

Have Area View which incorporates RV camera functionality and often splits the screen 30/70 with a mini area view in the small part and the usual RV view in the rest but have not experienced any black outs

If the RV camera is up I don't think it is possible to lift the tailgate in the prescribed fashion; hence the refusal to pop the latch. Deselecting reverse should lead to the camera retracting after a few seconds?? Basically, I suspect the car needs to be persuaded you have finished with reversing.

Phil750
18-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Had my B8 GT 190 12 days and 1400 miles and also very happy.

Can't comment on phone issues as do not use these facilities.

Have Area View which incorporates RV camera functionality and often splits the screen 30/70 with a mini area view in the small part and the usual RV view in the rest but have not experienced any black outs

If the RV camera is up I don't think it is possible to lift the tailgate in the prescribed fashion; hence the refusal to pop the latch. Deselecting reverse should lead to the camera retracting after a few seconds?? Basically, I suspect the car needs to be persuaded you have finished with reversing.

Its not so much a black out, the camera is full screen, its just the backing to the car view with sensors on it doesnt become see through like it used to. Very strange as i havent changed any settings.

Yer it must not be possible to lift the boot with the camera on, but the only way i can find to get the camera down is to either turn off the engine or move forward, i put it in neutral and pressed the parking button to turn off the parking system but still remains up.

Another thing i have noticed is the auto button on the climate control can be really powerful sometimes for no apprentant reason. I have it on eco/low setting but today it was blasting out air in my face and i had air con to 18.5 and outside was 16.

YawnGumbo
21-05-2016, 11:37 PM
Can't you use the boot release button to allow you to gain access to the boot if the camera hasn't disengaged?

Phil750
22-05-2016, 01:20 AM
Can't you use the boot release button to allow you to gain access to the boot if the camera hasn't disengaged?

Nope doesn't do anything