PDA

View Full Version : clunky right suspension

Andy N.I
15-10-2007, 05:44 PM
Hopefully nothing major here, ok had a mechanic take a look at my suspension and he said i had a drop link worn on the right side, fair play i changed it myself. Clunking still there same guy said both left and right had side top arms are worn and the left drop link starting to go plus need to cv boots soon and 2 rear shock protectors. he then qouted me for parts for the front alone he sujested 100 to 120. mmmm today whist browsing ebay i came across a seller selling what seemed to be all 12 arms and drop links for 129. Would this be a better buy or not. just a thought. shock protectors are only 12 to 15 i think. but what would you guys do go for what seems to be the whole lot for 129 or buy what you need. have a browse guys on ebay and tell me what you think the seller is from germany.

Andy

scotty33
15-10-2007, 06:19 PM
If this is for a B5, I've been there twice! I used 'cheap' parts made by Meyle first time, they only lasted approx 15k before the noises came back. I fitted 5 new arms from the dealer last time round, as I wanted it to last. Apparently Vagparts do a kit of all 8 arms which works out relatively cheap, and the O.E. supplier is (I think) Lemforder, if you want to look for them elsewhere?

Andy N.I
15-10-2007, 06:41 PM
sorry scotty its a b5.5 2002 130 se

andy