PDA

View Full Version : Attention Audi Phone Box

Jh713210
11-05-2016, 07:22 PM
I've just taken delivery of an S1 and it has met all my expectations except one - the Audi phone box option. It seems the cradle is too small for both my phones -iPhone 6 and Galaxy 5S - and my local dealer can't help.

If I had also known MMI connectivity was via the glovebox only I wouldn't have bothered getting it anyway so it's proved an utter waste of money. I've complained to Audi UK about bad / misleading advertising and have asked for what my options are.

I've also suggested they also put the dimensions in the brochure for the benefit of other customers, fed back on the My Audi app (utterly frustrating once you get to 'left the factory'') and the lack of downloadable manuals prior to purchase, so I will see what they say.

josedebardi
11-05-2016, 11:37 PM
Phone box is not an option on the A1/S1...?

I agree the glovebox AMI is annoying. I just bluetoothed and used a 12v USB charger and kept the phone in the cup holder.

Not sure where the misleading bits are, it was all very clear when I read the brochure and ordered...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

josedebardi
11-05-2016, 11:39 PM
Ah, just realised you didn't get the tech pack, that was your error! It's much better that the phone box option.
You can't have them together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk