PDA

View Full Version : Import Speed camera locations new Q7

Pages : [1] 2

Skippy73
11-05-2016, 01:36 PM
So I thought I would see if anyone else has done this yet.

In the manual it says you can import your own POI for the navigation and there are loads of places you can get all the current locations of speed cameras ready to go in the correct import format.

I like that also in the manual you can turn on a notification tone when approaching any selected POI. So if this was imported cameras you would get a notification tone when approaching a camera.

Anyone done this yet?http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160511/80887a3deef64b6f9bfee6a124fac25c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

andyhud007
11-05-2016, 03:00 PM
No mate, but happy to give it a go.

Ive literally just enabled MyAudi locations so now my google map locations on my computer appear in the car automatically to navigate too

Skippy73
11-05-2016, 03:11 PM
You can fully import a file for POI into the car through SD card. Then in options should be able to turn on notifications tone for that item. I should have my car by the weekend so will give it a go and report back.

andyhud007
11-05-2016, 03:17 PM
I'm happy to give it go.. do you have somewhere online you can get the latest info?

Skippy73
11-05-2016, 03:18 PM
I'm happy to give it go.. do you have somewhere online you can get the latest info?
I'll come back to you mate 👍

You can fully import a file for POI into the car through SD card. Then in options should be able to turn on notifications tone for that item. I should have my car by the weekend so will give it a go and report back.

dghdgh
11-05-2016, 03:26 PM
Are you using the poi from the eBay buyer who was mentioned on the site in the
last week or so. Keep us in the loop.
congrats on your car, radio 2 isn't that bad mate honest, give it a try.

Skippy73
11-05-2016, 03:28 PM
No was not going to purchase anything off ebay. Loads of sites available that have POI cameras I have done it before to an A3 about 5 years ago. So just need to check a few things out for Q7.

andyhud007
11-05-2016, 03:30 PM
No was not going to purchase anything off ebay. Loads of sites available that have POI cameras I have done it before to an A3 about 5 years ago. So just need to check a few things out for Q7.

SD Card at the ready!

Nemo78
11-05-2016, 03:33 PM
Eagerly awaiting....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Skippy73
11-05-2016, 03:46 PM
Yeah if I can have camera alerts through POI I will be well happy

andyhud007
11-05-2016, 04:24 PM
If you can find a site online that has the info and in a format supported by the MMI then I'll try it right now... just not sure where to look (online)

JMB7
11-05-2016, 04:45 PM
I read a post a while ago on importing speed camera locations into the mmi of an A4. I've lost the bookmark but they were using the database from pocketgps world. I think there's a small fee though.
Will definitely be doing this if it works!

Skippy73
11-05-2016, 04:48 PM
It should work as it's clear in the manual to be able to import POIs and it's clear on the option for POI notification so in theory this should just work.

Hopefully the notification tone is not annoying. Mercedes do just one beep which is perfect.

andyhud007
11-05-2016, 04:49 PM
If it's the same beep for if you choose to be alerted when near a petrol station then it's fine. It's a single beep

srbsq7
11-05-2016, 05:52 PM
Sounds promising. Does it say what distance triggers the beep. I've been done twice ( at the same spot [emoji15]) where a 60 goes to 30 and I didn't slow down quick enough. Not a built up area, so no schools or any real danger but they place one of those vans that can do you at 300m...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skippy73
11-05-2016, 05:52 PM
I knew the part about importing POI was somewhere. Weirdly the POI notification option is in the owners manual and the POI import is in the audi Connect manual. So as I thought I just need a POI database in the correct file format .csv for example and away we go. Then it will be interesting to see if it is then available to select in the notification section.

Skippy73
11-05-2016, 05:53 PM
So it's here under audi special destinations

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160511/a2c1f25effbae0252f7f99071dd24123.jpg

jimbg
11-05-2016, 09:34 PM
Try Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras (http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/) who have a file that is updated weekly for s small subscription.

I have used it on a Ranger Rover and a Volvo with no problem.

They also have a free app called CamerAlert to try.

andyhud007
11-05-2016, 09:56 PM
So as a test I did a search for POI destinations and found a free database for LPG Petrol Stations in the UK. It was in CSV format, OV2, KML (Google Earth) etc formats. Note the file must be under 5MB in size

I found the OV2 file (for Garmin Devices) worked. I logged into MyAudi and added a personal POI. Uploaded the OV2 file and a 'bmp' image of a LPG icon for the icon (if that makes sense)

It uploaded as you can see below and I then hit "send to vehicle" and it said sent. I just need to go outside and see if it shows on the MMI in the Q7.

If it works, then the principle works well. The Audi Connect guide is a little out of date as the page for uploading the POI has moved on the Audi Connect site, but its definitely there

EDIT: I havent been to the car yet but the MyAudi site is confusing. It says transfer by SD card, yet has a "Send to Vehicle" option which I clicked on and it said sent. I clicked the Download Button next to it, thinking that is for the SD card but it just said "Sent to vehicle successfully" as well. lol

Nemo78
11-05-2016, 09:57 PM
Try Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras (http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/) who have a file that is updated weekly for s small subscription.

This lists the Audi RNS-E system which I thought was the previous gen? Lots of threads on various Audi forums on how to add to those cars but can't find the A4 thread JMB mentions [emoji17]

Skippy73
11-05-2016, 10:00 PM
Thanks Jimbg I'll take a look. This is what I'm going for30628

But it's more likely that there will be no warning notifications.

All others topics on the net give no audible warnings either but some are topics dating back to 2014 or even further.

The option to select notification of POI in the navigation may not of been available. But I suspect that audible warnings are not possible through personal POI

Skippy73
11-05-2016, 10:04 PM
So as a test I did a search for POI destinations and found a free database for LPG Petrol Stations in the UK. It was in CSV format, OV2, KML (Google Earth) etc formats. Note the file must be under 5MB in size

I found the OV2 file (for Garmin Devices) worked. I logged into MyAudi and added a personal POI. Uploaded the OV2 file and a 'bmp' image of a LPG icon for the icon (if that makes sense)

It uploaded as you can see below and I then hit "send to vehicle" and it said sent. I just need to go outside and see if it shows on the MMI in the Q7.

If it works, then the principle works well. The Audi Connect guide is a little out of date as the page for uploading the POI has moved on the Audi Connect site, but its definitely there

EDIT: I havent been to the car yet but the MyAudi site is confusing. It says transfer by SD card, yet has a "Send to Vehicle" option which I clicked on and it said sent. I clicked the Download Button next to it, thinking that is for the SD card but it just said "Sent to vehicle successfully" as well. lol

Andy nearly all topics I have read tonight indicate SD card. You import into the myaudi site and it creates the file for the SD card. But I am really interested in what options you have in the notification of poi and if you can select notification for your imported LPG?

andyhud007
11-05-2016, 10:06 PM
Skippy typo check :)

Yes mate, I'll go to the car and check and report back. I'm just on a late night conference call for work so once done I'll quickly nip out and check

I have NOT put anything on an SD card.... yet. I just clicked on "Send to Vehicle" and this appeared.

Andy

Skippy73
11-05-2016, 10:11 PM
Skippy typo check :)

Yes mate, I'll go to the car and check and report back. I'm just on a late night conference call for work so once done I'll quickly nip out and check

I have NOT put anything on an SD card.... yet

Andy

Ok I suspect you won't see the poi you sent to car. Whack it onto a SD and import it. Them don't forget you won't see it on the map until you select that POi to be shown.

Then in the notification in the nav settings you should be able to select which POI to be notified about.

jimbg
11-05-2016, 10:32 PM
I would ignore that, when you sign up the choices are by file type ( i.e. CSV ), that page is not really up to date and is an attempt to "help" you chose the right one.

There is a BMP for each camera type, fixed, traffic light, mobile, etc.

andyhud007
11-05-2016, 10:38 PM
Cant download onto an SD card. It just says this (note the download button in the background)

andyhud007
11-05-2016, 11:01 PM
Ok, so it works over the air (online update)

I went to the car and gave it a minute to fire up. I went to Nav and chose "MyAudi Destinations". It said "There is an update of 160KB to download, would you like to download it". I said yes of course

30632 (Note tonights date and time because I literally did it)

It download and said successful. I then went to MyAudi Destinations and sure enough, there was my "LPG Stations UK" test. I named it "LPG Stations UK" on the MyAudi Website.

I selected it then ticked the box behind it (below).

Finally I went into settings and "Arrival Note" and in there is has an option to "Display Notification when nearby" along with "play notification tone". I had these on once when near petrol stations but it was really annoying.

You note though underneath "MyAudi special Destinations

and you guessed it, inside was my LPG Stations UK test.

so I ticked that one.

And now its all ticked and ready to go.

Did not use one single SD card in any of this. Just found the data file on a website, uploaded to MyAudi, Sent it to the vehicle and then downloaded it to the vehicle via the MMI

I guess the same principle must work for Cameras then... Just need to get the data.

Hope this all helps us!

Andy

Skippy73
12-05-2016, 07:01 AM
Ok, so it works over the air (online update)

I went to the car and gave it a minute to fire up. I went to Nav and chose "MyAudi Destinations". It said "There is an update of 160KB to download, would you like to download it". I said yes of course

30632 (Note tonights date and time because I literally did it)

It download and said successful. I then went to MyAudi Destinations and sure enough, there was my "LPG Stations UK" test. I named it "LPG Stations UK" on the MyAudi Website.

I selected it then ticked the box behind it (below).

Finally I went into settings and "Arrival Note" and in there is has an option to "Display Notification when nearby" along with "play notification tone". I had these on once when near petrol stations but it was really annoying.

You note though underneath "MyAudi special Destinations

and you guessed it, inside was my LPG Stations UK test.

so I ticked that one.

And now its all ticked and ready to go.

Did not use one single SD card in any of this. Just found the data file on a website, uploaded to MyAudi, Sent it to the vehicle and then downloaded it to the vehicle via the MMI

I guess the same principle must work for Cameras then... Just need to get the data.

Hope this all helps us!

Andy
Mate that is all looking good Andy. I was certain that notification tone was not going to be there glad that it is. So it's all looking good.

So all we need is the camera database. For £20 once a year I think I will subscribe to the pocketgpsworld.

Skippy73
12-05-2016, 07:09 AM
So also this guy on another forum using the latest Audi A3 made some nice looking camera images to display with the database I think I will use. He has shared them on the link

Web link is

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/speed-camera-poi.248853/page-2

andyhud007
12-05-2016, 11:41 AM
Update today

All Camera Types uploaded as special POI's on MyAudi and "Sent To Vehicle". Again nothing on an SD card at all

Sadly the other half has the car right now so I cant check the MMI till she gets back from work but progress!

Nemo78
12-05-2016, 11:43 AM
Update today

All Camera Types uploaded as special POI's on MyAudi and "Sent To Vehicle". Again nothing on an SD card at all

Sadly the other half has the car right now so I cant check the MMI till she gets back from work but progress!

Did you use the pocketsgpsworld database?

andyhud007
12-05-2016, 11:45 AM
Yes Sir. Garmin Consolidated UK Data. CSV Format. (Not OV2 like my test one from yesterday)

5 CSV files, one for each type of camera and each one comes with a small image file of camera type that you can see in that screenshot.

Nemo78
12-05-2016, 11:46 AM
Yes Sir. Garmin Consolidated UK Data. CSV Format. (Not OV2 like my test one from yesterday)

5 CSV files, one for each type of camera and each one comes with a small image file of camera type that you can see in that screenshot.

Awesome stuff! Being really thick here did you use the Audi RNS-E link or the Garmin one on pgpsworld?

andyhud007
12-05-2016, 11:59 AM
~Garmin one on PGPSWorld...

jimbg
12-05-2016, 12:16 PM
Is that Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras (http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/) you have used?

Whoops, you have answered already!!

Skippy73
12-05-2016, 07:42 PM
~Garmin one on PGPSWorld...
Wife home yet Andy? How did you go? Have you tested it notifies a tone when near?

I was also wondering what the distance is that it notifies you.

maxw
12-05-2016, 08:57 PM
ANDY

when you did this through my Audi was it all done and sent through a laptop or can you do it through a apple ipad?

if tablet where did you download the files to? To then import files to my Audi?

sorry to be a pain but in need of some help please

Thanks

M

andyhud007
13-05-2016, 07:50 AM
Hey guys, yes it all works. I've got pics of what to do and how to configure. I've just driven from Sussex to Penzance so tested it well. Max you do it on audis website, no need for a specific device. I'll explain all shortly. But yes it definitely works great

srbsq7
13-05-2016, 08:08 AM
Great work Andy!

andyhud007
13-05-2016, 08:15 AM
Couple of quick pics. Not got time to write up step by step but got it all in my head. Lol

Few pics of specs camera icons and the pop up on MMI.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160513/b9e45d66b7f719d1cb8707dbbd7d6067.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160513/f096162b610c673106968d97be2c379b.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160513/431cc0d700a7874ef95bf14343a81188.jpg

I'll write it up this afternoon. Busy morning.

Skippy73
13-05-2016, 08:21 AM
I don't know Andy, I came up with the idea and you have taken all the glory 😂😂😂😂 well done mate 👍

andyhud007
13-05-2016, 08:27 AM
Your a legend for finding it. I didn't even know you could do it! [emoji106] [emoji12]

jimbg
13-05-2016, 08:28 AM
Andy, does it "know" which side of the road the camera is on? When I have used these POI's before I used to get an alarm when I was close to the POI regardless of which side of the road it was on.

This was because I had entered the proximity circle around the POI. Is it more intelligent in the Q7?

Skippy73
13-05-2016, 08:43 AM
Your a legend for finding it. I didn't even know you could do it! [emoji106] [emoji12]
What's the warning tone like Andy? Annoying or

andyhud007
13-05-2016, 09:07 AM
It's just a single 'bing' or a 'bong' if you prefer. On the m25 it was annoying as hell as it had every camera under every bridge. I turned it off and just left the display message on the MMI as the first pic I sent above.

andyhud007
13-05-2016, 09:08 AM
Jim no. They are still classed as poi's to the system so it picks them up even if on a parallel Road to say the motorway your on for example. It's another reason I turned the 'bing' off.

andyhud007
13-05-2016, 09:09 AM
The icons on the MMI screen and virtual cockpit are much more handy IMO as well as the notification message on the MMI screen. The Background dims when the message appears so it's easy to notice it.

dghdgh
13-05-2016, 12:31 PM
Great work Guys, I will be making my adjustments to the poi very soon. I am still in the US and was toying with buying a laser detector but looking at what can be done I think I will save a few dollars.
I ve done a bit of moving around in Florida from Miami to Orlando to Jacksonville then down to the south gulf coast and only seen 3 mk2 q7s the entire 6 weeks, into my last week and I doubt the number will increase much. Looks like Audi can sell the q7s all day long in the US.

dghdgh
13-05-2016, 12:35 PM
I don't know Andy, I came up with the idea and you have taken all the glory  well done mate 

I did say Guys including mates, team effort between Andy and Skippy! Well done.

Skippy73
13-05-2016, 12:46 PM
I did say Guys including mates, team effort between Andy and Skippy! Well done.
Thanks dghdgh feeling the love now.

andyhud007
13-05-2016, 06:52 PM
Likewise. Sorry guys. Will reply with full breakdown soon. Spending time with family this weekend.

Nemo78
13-05-2016, 09:23 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160513/f096162b610c673106968d97be2c379b.jpg

Simply brilliant - well done guys [emoji1360]

Aside from that I knew there was something different about my Matrix LED symbol in the VC.

First car had the symbol exactly where yours is showing Andy - new one has it stuck right next to the time with no space and looks odd!

satyp
16-05-2016, 01:51 PM
This forum "group" is way way too Good!!! :beerchug:..This is SIMPLY absolutely awesome CONTRIBUTION from members. Times like this make this Inter-web whole lot better place to live inside :biglaugh:

maxw
16-05-2016, 02:53 PM
Yeah it's great when people pull together and come up with some thing like this

cant wait for the details in detail on how to do this

thanks guys

M

Nemo78
16-05-2016, 09:59 PM
Yeah it's great when people pull together and come up with some thing like this

cant wait for the details in detail on how to do this

thanks guys

M

Andy has done a runner - well busy testing the solution before unleashing it on us all...either that or he's quickly buying shares in PGPSW before we all flood them with sales of camera database [emoji23]

jimbg
17-05-2016, 03:09 PM
I would not get too excited just yet, at least not until you have used them for a while.

I have been using them on Range Rovers and Volvo's over the last 5 or 6 years and although it sounds good, I turned them off in the end.

The problem is that it is not intelligent and so you get an alarm every time you are near one, it all depends on the proximity circle around the POI that is used.

I found on previous cars that it was so large that an alarm sounded if it was on the other side of the road and often on a nearby street!

Maybe the Q7 has a smaller circle or it can adjusted, trouble is if it is too small then you are on it before you can lower your speed.

Skippy73
17-05-2016, 03:38 PM
Once I get my car Wednesday 25th I will be doing this and providing a full write up for others if Andy has not been able to yet.

While it may be annoying as the speed cameras do not work based on direction of travel, I would rather be notified than day dream and forget. That being said where I live there is only a few about but if I was on sections of the M25 I could see it being annoying. The best part is once it's on your navigation it's fully customisable. Sound tone or not notify a specific camera and turn off the average speed spec cameras on the M25. Or maybe turn off notification of all the mobile cameras. You can see in Andys photo that even if the tone is annoying you get a great silent warning on the screen that should attract your attention in time.

It's great to have the choices though. Particularly for years you could never get notification tone on Audi cars for years only a basic POI camera location. This is the first I have seen that you can turn on an audible notification. It's great.

chrisjerman
17-05-2016, 07:10 PM
Right I have managed to do this with Macdonald's as a POI dowloaded via my audi to the car ,also downloaded a golden arches icon and it all worked very easily with no SD card needed as Andy said , with that as a test I then subscribed to pocket gps to get speed camera's but unfortunately as I paid via Nochex my subscription is not live yet . When it does come live do I download the Garmin one that says POIloader ?

maxw
17-05-2016, 07:33 PM
I can report after a long day yesterday I also got this working but did take me a lot of time but yes it works

if your not using the maps and have the MMI screen down you just get a ping
If you have the MMI screen on maps or radio it pings and warns you that you (100 or 200 meters or yards can't remember) away from the speed camera it also worked on the overhead average speed camera

if you don't have the MMI screen up but using the maps on the cockpit it shows a photo of camera and you get a ping but you don't get the written message of your 100 meters away

As for above I'm not sure if it triggers from another street but on main road doing 70mph it ping showed message and gave me time to look up and slow down just but enough to react quick and save points so yes seem worth while

But to be honest this needs time to see what I think of it but seems promising

no good me doing a how to write up as I kept changing things
but didn't do a downloads to card just sent to car but didn't work like Andy was now down load showing when I got in the car had the manual click update my destination plus you have to manual tick box a few settings and it's not just in one place so have a look and play and check

hope this helps a little but pleased so far

M

ps thanks to the two guys who made this possible

Skippy73
17-05-2016, 07:36 PM
I can report after a long day yesterday I also got this working but did take me a lot of time but yes it works

if your not using the maps and have the screen down you just get a ping
If you have the Mimi screen on maps or radio it pings and warns you that you (100 or 200 meters or yards can't remember) away from the speed camera it also worked on the overhead average speed camera

if you don't have the MMI screen up but using the maps on the cockpit it shows a photo of camera and you get a ping but you don't get the written message of your 100 meters away

As for above I'm not sure if it triggers from another street but on main road doing 70mph it ping showed message and gave me time to look up and slow down just but enough to react quick and save points so yes seem worth while

But to be honest this needs time to see what I think of it but seems promising

no good me doing a how to write up as I kept changing things
but didn't do a downloads to card just sent to car but didn't work like Andy was now down load showing when I got in the car had the manual click update my destination plus you have to manual tick box a few settings and it's not just in one place so have a look and play and check

hope this helps a little but pleased so far

M

ps thanks to the two guys who made this possible

Nice one max

chrisjerman
18-05-2016, 10:49 AM
Got mine all working now , Thanks Andy and Skippy :beerchug:

pitch3110
20-05-2016, 09:32 PM
Grand stuff gents and ta.

I had to download each csv file for each camera and icon. All seems loaded onto the car but zooming in I cannot see the icon on the map. I will get out over the weekend to seek one out to see what happens.

Many thanks once again.

Pitch

Nemo78
21-05-2016, 07:44 AM
Gonna give this a whirl hopefully over the weekend. Can someone just confirm its the Garmin POI Loader file that we need?

andyhud007
21-05-2016, 01:14 PM
Alright all, sorry been away for a week

You guys got this all working? was going to do a proper write up, but if you have it sussed out then I wont :)

JMB7
21-05-2016, 01:52 PM
I'll take the writeup (idiots guide) for when my replacement arrives if you get chance!
Cheers.

Nemo78
21-05-2016, 02:06 PM
Alright all, sorry been away for a week

You guys got this all working? was going to do a proper write up, but if you have it sussed out then I wont :)

Write up please Andy...

andyhud007
21-05-2016, 03:03 PM
TUTORIAL - POST 1

Ok, so here is my write up at last. Apologies for the delay in getting this out there.

My process is via the OTA (Over The Air) update process. This means I don't use any SD cards to physically transfer data to the car, nor do I use USB cables, tablets or such like. I just use the MyAudi Website to configure the files and then "send them" to the car over the internet. I have a 4G EE Sim card in the car that connects to my account on the MyAudi website and pulls the information down.

1. Make sure you have an account at the MyAudi website. You will also need your car's VIN to configure your account for your 4M Q7. If you are waiting for your car see if you can get your VIN from your dealer so you can set it up.

2. Once you have an account created you then need to get the database files for the UK Cameras. I recommend you get them from Pocket GPS World (http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/). However to do this you need to create an account on that website and then subscribe for £20 a year to have access to the database files. Note, I am in no way affiliated with this website, but I find it suitable for my needs to get this working.

3. Once subscribed you need to download the relevant files, of which there are many choices. I found the best one is the "Garmin POILoader - UK - Consolidated by Type (Gatso,Mobile etc)" version in CSV format. This contains 5 CSV (Comma Separated Variable) files which contain all the longitude/latitude data for each of the 5 different types of cameras available in the data set.

1. UK Gatso Fixed Cameras. You know the ones.
2. UK Red Light Cameras (the ones that watch to make sure you dont run a red light)
3. UK SPECS Cameras (the average speed check ones on yellow lamposts - common on motorways)
4. UK Mobile Camera locations. Obviously as mobile they might not be there but are confirmed locations that the police use.
5. UK "Pending" Mobile Camera locations. These are locations where Mobile Cameras have been seen by one or two (or maybe more) people but have not been confirmed as official UK Mobile Camera Locations. - You won't get this data if you untick the box "Include pMobile Files"

4. Once logged into the Pocket GPS World website go to the download section for Gatsos and make sure you have "Garmin POILoader" under SatNav System selected

5. Under "Camera Selections" choose "UK - Consolidated By Type (Gatso, Mobile etc)" and choose if you want to include Pending Mobile Camera locations under "Include pMobile Files" (I would leave it enabled because you can de-select it in the MMI anyway if you dont want it).

6. Once downloaded to your computer, extract the zip file and you should see the below list of files (or very similar).

Within the ZIP file you will get a CSV file which contains the camera data for each camera type, along with a small image file (in Bitmap / BMP format) which you can include in the data you send to car. This image then shows up on the MMI Nav screen when you get close/pass a camera location. I have highlighted the key files above in the red box.

Ignore the text files and htm files. You dont need those.

Now, with this information at hand you can now plumb it into your MyAudi account and send the data to your car. I have learnt a few bits of driving the cornwall and back last week so I will share my finds here for you.

1. Log Onto your My Audi Account here (https://my.audi.com/content/gb/myaudi/en/home.html#overlay/load//etc/content/navigations/language-chooser/jcr:content/par/languagechooser.html)
2.Once logged in, click on "To The Details"

...Follow next post...

andyhud007
21-05-2016, 03:16 PM
TUTORIAL - POST 2

...Following on...

3. Click on "Services" and then "MyAudi Special Destinations"

4. You will then see the ability to upload files into your MyAudi Special Destinations as shown in the screenshot above.
5. Click on "Add Personal POI" on the right hand side.

6. Now, in the box that appears you need to enter:

POI Name (Each "Camera Type")
The file containing the data
The BMP Image file which will show the camera on the MMI/Virtual Cockpit

What's important to remember is the "Name" here. What you enter here is the name that shows on this image below when you get near a camera. Now, me being Mr "Everything must look perfect" means the name is important.

So it comes up on the MMI as "Warning: YourName! in xxx yd"

Where "YourName" is the name you enter on the MyAudi Special destinations. They even include that 1 exclamation (!) mark

So for me, my name for the fixed Gatso camera file is "Fixed Gatso Camera!!" so it will display as "Warning: Fixed Gatso Camera!!!" (because of the 1 exclamation mark already in the MMI system).

With that out the way, back to the MyAudi Website to enter the data.

Name: Fixed Gatso Camera!!
List: The Pocket GPS CSV File for Gatso Cameras (just browse to the file on your computer)
Icon: The Pocket GPS BMP Icon for Gatso Cameras

So yours should look like above. Once done, click on the "Save" button in the bottom right and it should go away and upload it to your MyAudi Account

and if successful you will see it added to the list of your personal POI's like below

...follow next post.....

andyhud007
21-05-2016, 03:27 PM
TUTORIAL - POST 3

...following on...

Repeat the same process for all the other data types (SPECS/Red Light/Mobile and Pending Mobile) cameras and repeat the process just as above making sure the name is how you want.

I've done the other 4 below with the names I want to show on the MMI screen and below is them all imported with the names how I want them on the MyAudi Website

Once that is done and you are all happy, you can then "Send Them" to your car by clicking on "Send to vehicle". Make sure you highlight them all on the left hand side so they have red ticks next to them first!

When you click on "Send to vehicle" it will come up with some German stuff

and then say its been transferred to your car.

and thats it from a home computer / getting it setup perspective. The rest is all done in the car.

I'm going to my car now to take pics and then will follow up next post, so please dont reply to this post now so I can keep them all in order on this forum thread. Be back soon!

srbsq7
21-05-2016, 03:39 PM
I was in the middle of doing this so great timing! You've saved me time by getting the naming right.

andyhud007
21-05-2016, 03:48 PM
TUTORIAL - POST 4

ok.. back from the car.. phew!

So turn on the car, no need to start engine, just electrics. Give the MMI a minute or two to boot up and the Sat Nav to fully initialise. Make sure you have a data connection for the MMI to use. Either a paired mobile phone with Data or a SIM card physically installed in the glove box (I have the latter)

Go to the NAV menu and select "Special Destinations"

Then scroll to "MyAudi Special Destinations". DO NOT PUSH DOWN ON THE MAIN BUTTON, but instead click it right to bring up the "+"/Right Context Menu"

Once you get the right context menu (Options) up choose "Import MyAudi Special Destinations"

Choose "Online Update" (make sure you have your data connection working first!)

It will then go away and connect to your MyAudi Account. You can see below its found my new special destinations I just setup on my computer. Tick the box (by clicking down on the main rotary button) and then choose "Start Download"

It will then go away and start to download the data...

...follow next post...

andyhud007
21-05-2016, 03:53 PM
TUTORIAL - POST 5

..following on...

Confirm you want to download (which you do obviously)

It will then go away and download as below.. make sure you have a good mobile/data signal

The above 3 pictures are of the download process... It actually failed the first time for me so I just re-did it and it worked fine the second time round. Who knows....

Once done, go back to your main Nav screen and go back into "Special Destinations". You will now see a new menu option "MyAudi Special Destinations". Go in there and you will see your data named just as you named it on the website.

If you don't see this info above, go back and try to re-download the data. You need this showing before you can continue.

...follow next post....

andyhud007
21-05-2016, 04:00 PM
TUTORIAL - POST 6

...few more steps to go and your done...

Go back into your Nav map and bring up the right context menu again (push right on the main rotary knob or press the + symbol on the touchpad) and go to "Navigation Settings"

in the sub menu of Navigation Settings choose "Arrival Notification"

Now in here you choose if you want the display text to show (as I mentioned in the earlier posts about getting names looking right) and if in addition to that display, a "bing" notification sound. I have chosen both options (you can't have the bing sound without the notification) but I have turned off the bing for mobile and pending mobile camera locations. Just tick the box for "Display notification when nearby" and (if you want) "Play Notification Tone"

..and then scroll to "myAudi special destinations" and select it

in there choose which of the 5 data sets you want to have enabled for the display text and the notification sound. For me, I've turned off Mobile camera locations and pending mobile camera locations, HOWEVER the icons for them will still show on the MMI map and Virtual Cockpit map

Once your selections and made, choose "Return" on the touchpad to go back to the main Nav screen.

..follow on to final post....

andyhud007
21-05-2016, 04:08 PM
TUTORIAL - POST 7 - FINAL TUTORIAL POST

...final post...

Finally, you just need to decide what POI's you want displayed on the Main MMI Nav screen and/or the Virtual Cockpit (I have the VC so assume its possible for those who don't have the VC but I cant say for sure)

On the main Nav screen bring up the right context menu again (push main rotary knob to right on click + symbol on touchpad and choose "Map Settings"

Within "Map Settings" go to both (one at a time):

MMI map content
Instrument cluster map content

Within those 2 sub-menus, choose which icons (remember the BMP image files you chose on the MyAudi Website?) you want displayed on the map on both the main MMI screen and the Virtual Cockpit map.

I have everything selected on both the Main MMI screen and the instrument cluster map content (VC Cockpit) but as you recall from above, not all the POI's make a "bing" sound, so you can have some "binging" at you, but just have them all showing on the map at the very least... Kind of best of both worlds.

MMI Map Content:

Instrument Cluster Map Content:

Once you chose what you want, thats it, your done and ready to rock and roll.

I hope this has helped, if I've missed anything I'm happy to be corrected...

Remember, if you have subscribed to pocket GPS world, then they release new updates the maps every so often. You will need to re-do all these steps (including uploading newer data onto your MyAudi Website) when you want to update the data. The one handy thing is it will overwrite the old ones on your MyAudi website... but you can also manually delete all your myAudi special destinations directly on the MMI in the car also.

Good luck everyone

Andy

Skippy73
21-05-2016, 04:42 PM
Wow Andy that is a committed write up. Brilliant if I had of done that mate I would not of been that detailed. Nicely done

JMB7
21-05-2016, 04:45 PM
Awesome guide Andy! Really appreciate it, Thanks.

Nemo78
21-05-2016, 04:48 PM
Andy huge thanks [emoji1360]

Now if anyone can tell me if it's the same for the wife's A6 then even more happy days [emoji1360]

andyhud007
21-05-2016, 04:50 PM
Wow Andy that is a committed write up. Brilliant if I had of done that mate I would not of been that detailed. Nicely done

Pleasure Skippy and thanks for the initial find!

Right, I'm off out for beers!

srbsq7
21-05-2016, 04:57 PM
Brilliant write up Andy. Thanks for taking the time. I had got most bits done but couldn't find the place to get the Bing and notifications! Real time saver!

El-Cap
21-05-2016, 07:14 PM
That is one on the best write ups I have seen! Thank you!

pitch3110
23-05-2016, 08:05 AM
Excellent write up Andy and good work fella, that did not take a couple of minutes....

Tell me, when my centre screen is down I am not getting camera BMP's displayed in the VC, but am getting the 'bing'. Am I missing something here or is this correct??

Ta

Pitch

srbsq7
23-05-2016, 09:00 AM
Excellent write up Andy and good work fella, that did not take a couple of minutes....

Tell me, when my centre screen is down I am not getting camera BMP's displayed in the VC, but am getting the 'bing'. Am I missing something here or is this correct??

Ta

Pitch

Did you repeat the steps in Post 7 for both the main MMI screen and the VC?

Working great on mine now. One question I have is the distance before getting the warning. Both of the locations I've passed are mobile camera spots in a 30mph but I'm finding the warning only goes off 80 yards before. Does the distance to the warning depend on the road / speed you're doing? Andy's previous post warned of a SPECS camera at 150 yards.

andyhud007
23-05-2016, 09:08 AM
Did you repeat the steps in Post 7 for both the main MMI screen and the VC?

Working great on mine now. One question I have is the distance before getting the warning. Both of the locations I've passed are mobile camera spots in a 30mph but I'm finding the warning only goes off 80 yards before. Does the distance to the warning depend on the road / speed you're doing? Andy's previous post warned of a SPECS camera at 150 yards.

Yeah check the steps in Post 7 Pitch, you should get the icons on your VC then.

SRB - Yep, I have figured that as well, the "distance" I'm not sure about. If your hurtling down the motorway at 70MPH, 150 yards goes pretty quick. I havent seen a way to change it but will look further today.. may be a "laptop hooked to the car" change... or just check the owners manual.... might be a way documented in there?

Skippy73
23-05-2016, 10:07 AM
There are certain adjustments that can be changed in the CSV file but I imagine that the notification distance has to be a software item for the car. However there has been reports that in auto Zoom mode when on the motorway for instance amd the zap is zoomed out more, that you can't see the camera icons etc. This is fixable in the CSV file though. Just need to interrogate the CSV file to see if notifications are influenced there.

srbsq7
23-05-2016, 10:19 AM
There are certain adjustments that can be changed in the CSV file but I imagine that the notification distance has to be a software item for the car. However there has been reports that in auto Zoom mode when on the motorway for instance amd the zap is zoomed out more, that you can't see the camera icons etc. This is fixable in the CSV file though. Just need to interrogate the CSV file to see if notifications are influenced there.

I was just looking at that. The one I was referring to is listed as <longitude number>,<latitude number>,NE-R-MOBILE:12489@30. The @30 according to the Pocket GPS World is indeed the speed limit but foung what the 12489 refers too. Looking at other entries, I can't figure out what it could be.

Skippy73
23-05-2016, 11:43 AM
I have a write up on this and will dig it out

srbsq7
23-05-2016, 12:02 PM
That would be great - even if I could just adjust the distance for my local spots.

One thing I like about the Head-up Display on the Q7, is that when you exceed the speed limit, the speed limit symbol flashes. I think you can set a threshold in the MMI so that it only warns when you're over it by X Mph. I think mine is set to +5 mph but need to check.

Skippy73
23-05-2016, 12:38 PM
That would be great - even if I could just adjust the distance for my local spots.

One thing I like about the Head-up Display on the Q7, is that when you exceed the speed limit, the speed limit symbol flashes. I think you can set a threshold in the MMI so that it only warns when you're over it by X Mph. I think mine is set to +5 mph but need to check.
That's only with the dynamic pack speed sign recognition isn't it?

andyhud007
23-05-2016, 12:47 PM
That's only with the dynamic pack speed sign recognition isn't it?

Correct. You can set to a Max of 10MPH over the current speed limit before it flashes.

srbsq7
23-05-2016, 12:53 PM
Not sure, I do have the dynamic pack. Do you get speed limits from the Sat Nav if you don't have speed sign recognition or are the rolled up together?

Skippy73
23-05-2016, 01:04 PM
Not sure, I do have the dynamic pack. Do you get speed limits from the Sat Nav if you don't have speed sign recognition or are the rolled up together?
I was wondering if you get any basic speed limit info of the navigation if you don't have the dynamic pack

chrisjerman
23-05-2016, 01:52 PM
I don't have dynamic pac or sign recognition and the sat nav always has the current speed limit displayed in the bottom left corner of the map

srbsq7
23-05-2016, 01:53 PM
I was wondering if you get any basic speed limit info of the navigation if you don't have the dynamic pack

Just checked the manual and it appears that you do need the Traffic Sign recognition option to get the speed warning.

pitch3110
23-05-2016, 05:15 PM
I have a bog standard car and my Nav shows speed limits.

pitch3110
23-05-2016, 05:18 PM
Yeah check the steps in Post 7 Pitch, you should get the icons on your VC then.

SRB - Yep, I have figured that as well, the "distance" I'm not sure about. If your hurtling down the motorway at 70MPH, 150 yards goes pretty quick. I havent seen a way to change it but will look further today.. may be a "laptop hooked to the car" change... or just check the owners manual.... might be a way documented in there?

cheers Andy. I did do this but no show. Having said this I had disabled and enabled again all has appeared.

Ta
Pitch

Skippy73
23-05-2016, 05:52 PM
I think you can have basic speed limits displayed on the navigation screen only, that are contained in the built in database. But these won't show up in the heads up display I think. Only speedb limits for road sign recognition are displayed on the heads up display which is a shame.

pitch3110
23-05-2016, 09:50 PM
Yup, you are right Skip.

Nemo78
26-05-2016, 10:13 PM
Question guys: so I've done all the instal steps a few days ago and noticed that sometimes the camera icons aren't displayed at all BUT I get notification with the bing.

Or sometimes MMI will display the icon but VC won't and vice Versa

And for completeness sometimes both display the icons...

Any ideas?

srbsq7
26-05-2016, 10:19 PM
I've seen the same. I don't think the icon is reliable as sometimes the screen refresh just doesn't catch it. I'm thinking as I type whether it's more reliable when not using Google Earth view?! Warning sound triggers every time I pass the mobile spot on the way home although I would be too late for a front facing camera.

Not perfect, but a great freebie to have built in.

Skippy73
26-05-2016, 10:23 PM
Question guys: so I've done all the instal steps a few days ago and noticed that sometimes the camera icons aren't displayed at all BUT I get notification with the bing.

Or sometimes MMI will display the icon but VC won't and vice Versa

And for completeness sometimes both display the icons...

Any ideas?
Yes I assume you have your auto Zoom turned on. So on higher speed limit roads your maps zoom out and lose the cameras. There is a fix for this that will show at any zoom level. You have to modify the CSV file though.

I will get the info for this and post on here tomorrow

pitch3110
26-05-2016, 11:21 PM
Yup I have the same issue with some of the bmp's some of the time and sometimes all on both all of the time.

Look forward to hearing Skip

dghdgh
27-05-2016, 08:35 AM
Which coulomb in the csv file skippy?

Skippy73
27-05-2016, 03:03 PM
OK so some of you have noticed that the speed camera icons are not shown if your map on the MMI or VC is zoomed out. I have my maps set to auto zoom and found when driving that I lose sight of the camera icons on the map at around the 1-1/4 mile level. So when driving on a motorway or dual lane A road the map auto zooms out and the cameras are gone. You do still get the Warning notification and the tone if enabled regardless of zoom level though.

So there is a way to get this back For some reason the POIs are set to only show up at a certain zoom level, so when in the AUDI data files not .csv there is a folder called categories.pc and in there is the part of the code to change the zoom level.

So add your POI in the MYAUDI special destinations part on your PC. Then instead of sending to car click download and save it to PC. Open the file structure and edit with a text editor the file categories.pc so that the zoom level is set to max=30.

Then just copy all the files on to an SD card / USB stick, making sure they are not in a sub-directory and insert in the car.

Job done.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160527/c9a361d3e6fd1f6538a55c141e1a3b61.jpg

Skippy73
27-05-2016, 03:04 PM
Next I will post how you can change the notification distance

andyhud007
27-05-2016, 05:35 PM
OK so some of you have noticed that the speed camera icons are not shown if your map on the MMI or VC is zoomed out. I have my maps set to auto zoom and found when driving that I lose sight of the camera icons on the map at around the 1-1/4 mile level. So when driving on a motorway or dual lane A road the map auto zooms out and the cameras are gone. You do still get the Warning notification and the tone if enabled regardless of zoom level though.

So there is a way to get this back For some reason the POIs are set to only show up at a certain zoom level, so when in the AUDI data files not .csv there is a folder called categories.pc and in there is the part of the code to change the zoom level.

So add your POI in the MYAUDI special destinations part on your PC. Then instead of sending to car click download and save it to PC. Open the file structure and edit with a text editor the file categories.pc so that the zoom level is set to max=30.

Then just copy all the files on to an SD card / USB stick, making sure they are not in a sub-directory and insert in the car.

Job done.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160527/c9a361d3e6fd1f6538a55c141e1a3b61.jpg

Legendary

pitch3110
27-05-2016, 08:51 PM
#mutsnuts #needstogetoutmore

Saviour of the licence Skip

srbsq7
29-05-2016, 11:24 AM
Next I will post how you can change the notification distance

Hi Skippy, amended the file and uploaded the files via SD card this morning and it's worked a treat. If I zoom right out so that I can see the whole town, the speed cameras icons are all visible now.

Is the notification distance configured within these files too?

srbsq7
31-05-2016, 04:17 PM
Actually found the distance alert to be fine after doing a longer run at the weekend. I must have past 5 mobile / Gatso locations and the distance warning was typically between 100 and 200 yards, so probably about the right balance between a valid warning and getting false alerts. It does seem like the warning distance increases with speed?

maxw
31-05-2016, 04:59 PM
When on the M25 it gave me a warning 800 yards so plenty of time and others at 600 yards then the slower ones say 50MPH seem to be 100-200 yards

M

jimbg
31-05-2016, 06:18 PM
It would be logical that it adjusted the response depending upon the car speed, that way you would always have a warning the same x seconds before reaching the POI.

Nemo78
05-06-2016, 10:55 AM
Tell you what I've noticed...haven't played with the files or anything yet.

But as I'm out of data I'm running on standard Audi maps and not Google Earth...on the standard maps shows up every camera without fail on both MMI screen and VC

pitch3110
05-06-2016, 12:10 PM
Tell you what I've noticed...haven't played with the files or anything yet.

But as I'm out of data I'm running on standard Audi maps and not Google Earth...on the standard maps shows up every camera without fail on both MMI screen and VC

I noticed this also on Friday nemo

Skippy73
05-06-2016, 12:31 PM
Ok so I'm so sorry I have been so slow. I am still running tests but I can give you an update.

Last time I showed how you can adjust the audi file to show the POI cameras at any zoom level. But people were also wanting to set the distance at which you are alerted of the camera.

So firstly I wondered if the audi mapping and software was in the same format as Garmin. This reason is because Garmin in its software uses a combination of key words in the .CSV file and also the set @xx within the file name. So for example if you have every file name regardless of type named REDLIGHT and the @30 or whatever set as @0 because the speed is set to 0 and the key word is redlight, by default every camera or redlight or POI in that .CSV file will warn at a default 400m.

So the first thing I did was I have a speed camera less than 2miles from my house so first I identified where that camera is in the .CSV database. Each camera has a number and mine in the database is 54## so I just have to make the changes to that camera each time. I took my laptop in the car with the .CSV file on it and began adjusting the .CSV file using my cars wifi hotspot to load it into the myaudi website and send it to the car. After driving passed the camera multiple times (like a complete wierdo) I started to understand that the format audi used is not the same as Garmin and regardless of the changes I made in the .CSV file it made little difference. First I changed the file name to REDLIGHT and set the @to0 and it made no difference still displaying the warning at 100yds. Next put the original file name back TREVLO but i adjusted the @ to 100. But this made no difference to the warning which was still 100yds however the image on the mapping was gone. So I have established that the @30 or whatever is the speed at which the camera will be displayed. Next time you are out and approaching a camera place your speed under the speed limit so do 25 if it's 30 and see if the camera POI image on the map goes. Not the warning but the camera POI on the map. This leads me to believe that the warning notification is completely independent in the audi software of that of the actual POI.

The other thing I noticed was that the cameras are actually directional. The camera I was testing even before my adjustments, warned me one way but not when I drove back the other way. Another camera close to where I live is placed in the middle of the road and can be turned either way so I get the notification either way. So when looking at that camera in the database, it has 2 lines one file named s-gatso and the other n-gatso so it MUST be directional.

Anyway not the best update but I will run a few more tests to fully eliminate the .CSV file. And then I will play with the Audi file we load into the car.

See what happens watch this space.

srbsq7
23-06-2016, 09:23 PM
Just went to update the POI with the latest camera database info but seem unable to download the file in order to change the zoom level. Has anyone tried recently? I'm being prompted to log back in to download the file but it doesn't accept or reject the login.

srbsq7
06-07-2016, 06:28 PM
Logged a call with Audi and they left a voicemail saying there is a problem with their servers which they are trying to resolve.

Did notice that the website has been updated.

That said, was able to get it working on my mac using a different Java version so could be one of those annoying bugs...

satyp
06-07-2016, 07:41 PM
I noticed the the same the whole myAudi website seems to be overhauled. It was having none of it even logging into it via chrome.. Jumped on safari and it was behaving like a 6th former.

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

Nemo78
29-07-2016, 10:17 PM
Just a quick thought - took me ages to find this thread as needed a reminder...

Could we get this made a sticky especially as we have new members who may not even know this is possible?

srbsq7
29-07-2016, 10:57 PM
Definitely, for £20 a year it's a great feature!

mstevensuk
25-08-2016, 02:40 PM
Hello
On my mk3 tts I cannot see the Arrival Notificatioins option within options/navigation settings.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Mike

andyhud007
26-08-2016, 10:53 AM
Sorry mstevensuk, not sure... your best asking in the TT group.

My hunch would be either the MMI is not MMI "high" or its disabled (for whatever reason) but thats just guessing.

Good luck

Jonh1969
09-09-2016, 05:12 PM
Skippy

When you say not in a sub directory - what do you mean

Do i copy personal POI folder into the root of the SD card

Managed to download via car but not via SD yet?

Thanks

Jon

srbsq7
09-09-2016, 08:40 PM
Hi Jon,

The root of the SD card should look like this:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160909/9cfc275221357aeaee82c118c4734f43.jpg

The categories.pc needs to be edited to change the zoom level:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160909/af1497e5f04cfacfa7ac67e55e80640e.jpg

Here's some screenshots of uploading from SD Card:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160909/eea6f3cf57c52c5612cf2b23910c96f2.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160909/d055fed90b0b633aff36a6f9dca3dfbb.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160909/74e0831eef7111c8a6aba6174ed71737.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160909/b911cc607f518e0bad138650edc7e9ee.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160909/b9272be311d459a198b4f17a67e3fe7a.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160909/8863d02179ec79fd6ad0abe0b9af7882.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160909/700256af14c0fb410eae753b7b70e4c3.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160909/f01413c3944ec7d700fd728c5e1de7f4.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160909/1161dfb48b1ea9ca964365233caad936.jpg

Skippy73
09-09-2016, 10:46 PM
Skippy

Managed to download via car but not via SD yet?

Thanks

Jon

Hi Jon, sorry I missed your post until now but Srbrq7 has sorted you out mate. Let us know how it goes.

andyhud007
11-09-2016, 04:11 PM
Great stuff guys. Thanks for sharing

Jonh1969
11-09-2016, 04:41 PM
thanks - but still didn't work

I'm a mac user ..... so I wonder if the SD card may be formatted differently. I'll try creating it from the wife's PC and let you know

The over the air download works brilliantly and the speed camera warnings are perfect!!

srbsq7
11-09-2016, 07:15 PM
thanks - but still didn't work

I'm a mac user ..... so I wonder if the SD card may be formatted differently. I'll try creating it from the wife's PC and let you know

The over the air download works brilliantly and the speed camera warnings are perfect!!

Hi Jon, I'm a mac user too. Might be worth reformatting the SD card to use FAT file system?

srbsq7
11-09-2016, 07:20 PM
Also worth checking the type of SD card is supported. I think it might be 128GB max etc

dham
11-09-2016, 09:28 PM
Added the PPOI's yesterday, great work all. Made a trip to Sheffield this afternoon, and noticed that when i was on the motorway i would get notified approx 700yds from any cameras, and there are a lot of them from Nottingham to Sheffield. Worst i got was 500yds. When on an a-road, the notifications are within the 10s of yds (didn't note exactly), which is well within range, especially if its mobile. So my only guess at the moment is the notification is related to the road type. I have a trip to Reading later in the week, will see if this hold true and what the typical distances are on A and B roads.

Ok so I'm so sorry I have been so slow. I am still running tests but I can give you an update.

Last time I showed how you can adjust the audi file to show the POI cameras at any zoom level. But people were also wanting to set the distance at which you are alerted of the camera.

So firstly I wondered if the audi mapping and software was in the same format as Garmin. This reason is because Garmin in its software uses a combination of key words in the .CSV file and also the set @xx within the file name. So for example if you have every file name regardless of type named REDLIGHT and the @30 or whatever set as @0 because the speed is set to 0 and the key word is redlight, by default every camera or redlight or POI in that .CSV file will warn at a default 400m.

So the first thing I did was I have a speed camera less than 2miles from my house so first I identified where that camera is in the .CSV database. Each camera has a number and mine in the database is 54## so I just have to make the changes to that camera each time. I took my laptop in the car with the .CSV file on it and began adjusting the .CSV file using my cars wifi hotspot to load it into the myaudi website and send it to the car. After driving passed the camera multiple times (like a complete wierdo) I started to understand that the format audi used is not the same as Garmin and regardless of the changes I made in the .CSV file it made little difference. First I changed the file name to REDLIGHT and set the @to0 and it made no difference still displaying the warning at 100yds. Next put the original file name back TREVLO but i adjusted the @ to 100. But this made no difference to the warning which was still 100yds however the image on the mapping was gone. So I have established that the @30 or whatever is the speed at which the camera will be displayed. Next time you are out and approaching a camera place your speed under the speed limit so do 25 if it's 30 and see if the camera POI image on the map goes. Not the warning but the camera POI on the map. This leads me to believe that the warning notification is completely independent in the audi software of that of the actual POI.

The other thing I noticed was that the cameras are actually directional. The camera I was testing even before my adjustments, warned me one way but not when I drove back the other way. Another camera close to where I live is placed in the middle of the road and can be turned either way so I get the notification either way. So when looking at that camera in the database, it has 2 lines one file named s-gatso and the other n-gatso so it MUST be directional.

Anyway not the best update but I will run a few more tests to fully eliminate the .CSV file. And then I will play with the Audi file we load into the car.

See what happens watch this space.

Skippy73
11-09-2016, 09:36 PM
Yeah I've been side tracked lately and not been able to work on the notification distance. You could be correct as some nav system use keys words in the database to determine notification distance. So Red Light or gatso have predefined distances. I changed the camera up the road from me to redlight from gatso but it didn't make any different to the notification.

dham
06-10-2016, 12:41 PM
Didn't get round to updating from my recent journeys. From what I can tell the distance is based purely on road type. As an example i was coming off the M40 at Warwick and was notified some 700 odd yds away of a red light camera. All other red light cameras are notified much later as they are typically on A type roads, so anywhere from 70-50yds for notification. This seems consistent regardless of they type of camera. Some notifications can be later, i guess this is something to do with how often the PPOIs are polled for.

Fozzie1960
18-11-2016, 08:54 PM
I can't get this to work either OTA or via an SD. OTA the file is sent to the car, but the download fails with a 'out of date or incompatible data' error. SD card fails with 'failed to load data'

srbsq7
18-11-2016, 09:17 PM
Hi Fozzie,

Strange as I've done this a dozen times and no issues. Are you definitely downloading the Garmin POILoader - UK Consolidated including pMobile files without voice pack?

The only other bit that i can think of is the upload section where you add the POi's - list should reference the CSV file and icon the Bmp file for a given type of camera.

Fozzie1960
18-11-2016, 09:32 PM
I've followed the process to the letter.

anemeth
12-03-2017, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the post, but I have a problem and I am stumped.

I could upload my little csv file to myAudi website of Hungarian speed camera. I made up the csv file and added bmp file. It was accepted by MyAudi. I dowloaded it to an SD card and went to the car and tried to load the SD card. It started to load, but I got the following MMI message :"The update data are not compatible or are outdated". I tried to download online and it conected to MyAudi online, recognised the POI and started to download, but I got the same message "The update data are not compatible or are outdated".

Anybody has any idea what is going on here?

Also I could download the latest map (13Gb) through MyAudi, which is the 2017 map. I assumed that is already on my car as my car was manufactured 3 weeks ago. I checked and all my maps are 2017 already in the MMI and Navigation database version is: V03959801FC 0157 ECE2017.

Thanks,

srbsq7
13-03-2017, 09:11 PM
Have you tried using the pocketgpsworld version? Hungary is included in Garmin POILoader, EUR - Consolidated By Type.

Looks like Hungary only has 200 or so cameras / locations? Does that sound right (compared UK's c.25,000!).

Also wondering if the BMP has to be exactly a certain dimension / size? Other stuff like SD card format seems irrelevant as over the air doesn't work.

easyeieio
14-03-2017, 10:56 AM
I'm having a problem updating the camera locations

I've downloaded the latest POIs from my subscription on pocketgpsworld.com and followed the normal process to upload them via my.audi.com / myAudi special destinations

So I select the CSV file, then the icon and click save.

But when I then go to upload them to the car, by clicking on "Send to Vehicle" I get the normal message "Your Data is being checked" but after a few seconds I get an error - "the page could not be found"

The CSV and the BMP icon both exist and are in the right place on my PC, so I wondered if there is problem with their website right now, rather than something I am doing wrong! I've done this in the past with no problems

Anyone else seen this?

Many thanks in advance

Ian

anemeth
14-03-2017, 11:17 AM
Thanks. I just downloaded from a Hungarian website in asc, csv and gpx format. I uploaded asc format to MyAudi, accepted it and sees 201 POIs. Yes only 201 fixed speed cameras are in Hungary, local police prefers mobile ones. I still cannot "Send to vehicle", as when I press this button a windows pops up with "The page could not be found". I downloaded it to an SD card, I can see the correct structure and I can see the icon on the SD card (original icon size is 200x200, SD card icon only 33x33). Thus the icon upload should be OK.

Yes, Ian I get the same thing, looks like MyAudi does not work...

I will report back, when I tried it again:).

Gyro
14-03-2017, 02:29 PM
Only getting round to this now, I am also getting the "Page cannot be found" error, anyone any ideas?

I won't be able to try the SD card option until I get home on Thursday.

srbsq7
14-03-2017, 04:02 PM
Same. It's not the first time they've broken the site. I can remember 2 other occasions in the past 9 months when it's not worked. I think it's pretty clear they just hack around on the live system with little testing.

SD card is the better route in my opinion as you can make the zoomlevel change so the icons are still visible when you're not zoomed right in on the main screen or VC. Probably adds 5-10 minutes to the process of updating the speed camera data but I like to be able to see the locations visually from several miles away.

anemeth
14-03-2017, 05:03 PM
As I mentioned above, downloaded Hungarien speed camera POI from a professional site (they have all kind of POI and provide in all kind of format). I uploaded to MyAudi site, which registered it showing 201 POIs. I tried both online download from the car and SD card download, but getting the same result in MMI message :"The update data are not compatible or are outdated".

I think, as srbsq7 mentioned, the site is broken on online and SD card format as well.

Gyro, have you tried to download from the car side (i.e. from MMI)?

Gyro
14-03-2017, 05:53 PM
As I mentioned above, downloaded Hungarien speed camera POI from a professional site (they have all kind of POI and provide in all kind of format). I uploaded to MyAudi site, which registered it showing 201 POIs. I tried both online download from the car and SD card download, but getting the same result in MMI message :"The update data are not compatible or are outdated".

I think, as srbsq7 mentioned, the site is broken on online and SD card format as well.

Gyro, have you tried to download from the car side (i.e. from MMI)?

Not yet - I'm not home until Thursday. Will try and report back.

srbsq7
14-03-2017, 11:02 PM
Fortunately, it looks like the SD Card route still works although the website is not displaying the icons correctly as you can see on the left side in the red rectangle. On the right though, you can see the bmp's okay.

Here are some pics of it uploading to the car okay:

srbsq7
14-03-2017, 11:05 PM
continued...

Icons still visible on Nav Map

anemeth
15-03-2017, 02:59 PM
srbsq7, thanks for looking into it.

But looks like there is a general problem with the latest car software version. Ver 0917, which I have, does not take POI from myAudi ("The update data are not compatible or are outdated"). There is lots of similar problem for A4 with same version, see link below:
myAudi special destinations (POI) | Page 6 | Audi-Sport.net (http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/myaudi-special-destinations-poi.288924/page-6)

srbsq7
15-03-2017, 03:47 PM
Unbelievable (but believable)! You would expect them to test existing functionality after each software upgrade.

They also highlight another issue in that thread and that's using google maps to send destinations to the car from any browser. This didn't work last year and I just tried it and it appeared to send. Will check it car received it later.

srbsq7
16-03-2017, 08:58 AM
Google maps send to car works! That's positive and easier to use than logging into myAudi to send destinations.

easyeieio
17-03-2017, 02:34 PM
I'm having a problem updating the camera locations

I've downloaded the latest POIs from my subscription on pocketgpsworld.com and followed the normal process to upload them via my.audi.com / myAudi special destinations

So I select the CSV file, then the icon and click save.

But when I then go to upload them to the car, by clicking on "Send to Vehicle" I get the normal message "Your Data is being checked" but after a few seconds I get an error - "the page could not be found"

The CSV and the BMP icon both exist and are in the right place on my PC, so I wondered if there is problem with their website right now, rather than something I am doing wrong! I've done this in the past with no problems

Just a quick update on this. I still get the error above when I click on "Send to Vehicle" - but the page does update showing the list of POIs , albeit with broken icon images

So I thought I'd check it in the car anyway, and it works !

When I choose "Import MyAudi Special Destinations" on the MMI , it downloads the latest updates that I had prepared in myAudi .

So despite the error and the broken icons etc in myAudi.com the send to car functionality is actually working, so anyone else having this issue, you should also be able to update your POIs / cameras etc after all using this method!

Cheers
Ian

anemeth
17-03-2017, 02:55 PM
Yes, the download works online, but if you have MMI software version 0917, you will get "The update data are not compatible or are outdated" error message, same as if you do it with SD card. I am waiting for the reply from the Hungarian Audi tech. team to get back to me with their answer from the factory when/how the problem will be solved.

srbsq7
01-04-2017, 07:53 PM
Did an update today and the website issues appear to have been resolved.

Nemo78
01-04-2017, 08:40 PM
Did an update today and the website issues appear to have been resolved.

How often are you updating? Mines become more irregular now - did notice a new warning the other day in exact same way as speed camera alert on MMI....'Warning Sports Complex'

srbsq7
01-04-2017, 09:34 PM
How often are you updating? Mines become more irregular now - did notice a new warning the other day in exact same way as speed camera alert on MMI....'Warning Sports Complex'

I had an odd warning the other day too. Pulled out the station car park and got the tone and pop up. Can't remember what it said but wasn't a speed cam! Ignition had only been on for a minute but probably only the second time it's given me a strange alert.

I have a reminder set to do it at the end of each month but if I'm going on a longer journey, I try and do an update beforehand. I think the database is updated every Wednesday.

I've turned of the warnings for the pmobile alerts, I just leave the icon visible to reduce the false alarms.

andyhud007
12-04-2017, 01:30 PM
Not sure if its relevant but I just deleted all my cameras from MyAudi and re-imported a fresh lot from PocketGPSWorld.

I chose "Send to Vehicle" on my laptop and I got a "page cannot be display", however I went to the MMI and did an "online update" and they were there for download anyway (weird).

I chose to download them and it said "the data is invalid" or something like that, but I just chose to try downloading again 3 seconds later and it worked. They are all in now

Thought I'd share

Andy

anemeth
12-04-2017, 03:22 PM
Lucky you, not working for me.

Today I got email from Audi Hungary, that they got an email from the "factory" that this problem got solved. Deleted my old POIs and reloaded them, it was accepted by myAudi. Tried to "Send to vehicle" same as you Andy, "The page could not be found", and then downloaded to SD card. When I tried to download to the car online, it could not find any POI online. When I tried to download on SD card, I got the usual "The update data are not compatible or are outdated."

This is getting ridiculous, now more than a month, no solution....

srbsq7
12-04-2017, 10:46 PM
I did the offline / SD card method tonight with no issues or quirky errors.

anemeth
13-04-2017, 08:35 AM
I did the offline / SD card method tonight with no issues or quirky errors.

As far as I know the problem is with the latest MMI software version 0917, older software does not have this problem.

srbsq7
13-04-2017, 09:02 AM
I don't believe Andy is on the newer software (unless he's done it on one of his upgrades!)

I did the update on a Mac using safari with the latest java. Didn't click send to car though.

andyhud007
13-04-2017, 09:07 AM
I don't believe Andy is on the newer software (unless he's done it on one of his upgrades!)

I did the update on a Mac using safari with the latest java. Didn't click send to car though.
Er.. I have some news on that I need to share...

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Nemo78
13-04-2017, 09:17 AM
Er.. I have some news on that I need to share...

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

anemeth
13-04-2017, 12:34 PM
OK, we have two different issues here:

1, myAudi website "Send to Vehicle" button gives "The page could not be found" popup window. But in fact myAudi sends the data to the car. I can see the data on my MMI online (although I had to wait couple of hours for it).
2, for MMI software version 0917, the POI cannot be installed online or by SD card, in both cases the "The update data are not compatible or are outdated." message cames back on MMI. This effects A4 (B9) cars with same MMI software version.

andyhud007
13-04-2017, 07:34 PM
OK, we have two different issues here:

1, myAudi website "Send to Vehicle" button gives "The page could not be found" popup window. But in fact myAudi sends the data to the car. I can see the data on my MMI online (although I had to wait couple of hours for it).
2, for MMI software version 0917, the POI cannot be installed online or by SD card, in both cases the "The update data are not compatible or are outdated." message cames back on MMI. This effects A4 (B9) cars with same MMI software version.
Yep seems correct. But did your work on your point 1 even those it said page can't be displayed etc on your computer? I know you said you download to car a couple of hours later but was that download successful?

anemeth
14-04-2017, 08:58 AM
No success. Yes, I tried online download as well. The MMI saw the POI data online and started to process the download. But when it finished, it displayed the same message ("The update data are not compatible or are outdated.") as with SD card.

Fozzie1960
19-04-2017, 08:27 AM
This has not worked on my new A4 since I got it in November. Audi UK told me it was a problem on the Audi back end servers, which required an upgrade to fix, this was due in early April. Yesterday I successfully loaded speed cameras via an SD card and OTA.

anemeth
19-04-2017, 09:22 AM
This has not worked on my new A4 since I got it in November. Audi UK told me it was a problem on the Audi back end servers, which required an upgrade to fix, this was due in early April. Yesterday I successfully loaded speed cameras via an SD card and OTA.

Thanks. I tried again and it worked!!!

I deleted POI which I put up on 12 April and reloaded them. The "Send to Vehicle" is still gave me "The page could not be found" popup window, but looks like it sends the data anyway. I also downloaded SD card. I went to the car and tried OTA and it worked. It downloaded the data and after the download it processed it. Now I can see the POI icon on the map on the correct position.

andyhud007
20-04-2017, 10:55 AM
Thanks. I tried again and it worked!!!

I deleted POI which I put up on 12 April and reloaded them. The "Send to Vehicle" is still gave me "The page could not be found" popup window, but looks like it sends the data anyway. I also downloaded SD card. I went to the car and tried OTA and it worked. It downloaded the data and after the download it processed it. Now I can see the POI icon on the map on the correct position.

Great Stuff, exactly the same for me... "Page could not be found" but OTA worked anyway. Looks like the problem is resolved... somewhat.

Great news.

anemeth
20-04-2017, 02:31 PM
Great Stuff, exactly the same for me... "Page could not be found" but OTA worked anyway. Looks like the problem is resolved... somewhat.

Great news.

I looked into the files on SD cards. I compared the "wrong" with the yesterday version. I could see some differences in some files and I could understand them (like different label name, etc.). Only one file looked strange. One of the file (lang_map.xml) was exactly the same in both versions, but the checksum were different. I guess that the checksum calculation on the Audi server side and MMI version 0917 was out of sink, or the server miscalculated the checksum in the "wrong" version. This is my guess only, I am not familier with Audi checksum calculation:).

Fozzie1960
22-04-2017, 02:20 PM
Not a major issue, but the popup window on my MMI says 'Upcoming' instead of 'Warning'

Big_D_80
28-04-2017, 07:56 PM
Finally!!! :)
I finally managed to get all the speed cameras installed via an SD card. I used the free POIs at POIplaza.com.

Apologies if this is old news but my process was as follows:
1. Find the files on the site poiplaza.com,
2. download the Garmin(.csv) files,
3. extracted the files,
4. uploaded them to myaudi under the special definitions
5. then downloaded them all via the Audi site having installed some ancient looking Java program
6. eventually this generated an Audi format POI folder containing all the info and a separate metadata file (.txt)
7. moved the folder and the .txt file to an SD card
8. SD card in the car and installed them via the MMi menus

I couldn't believe how painful this process. The main trick here was to upload the .csvs and then download the Audi 'package' files from the website. The myaudi website and the Java program converts the files into something the car will recognise. Such a pain but this process does work perfectly.

srbsq7
28-04-2017, 08:04 PM
It is a bit of a faff but once you've done it a few times it only takes 10 minutes. Don't forget to edit the categories.pc file buried in the default folder to change the zoomlevel to 30. This enables you to see the camera icons when you are not zoomed right in on either the MMI screen or VC. There should be 5 instances that need changing for each of the camera types (if you are using the Pocket GPS World data that has Mobile, Gatso, Red light, SPECS & pMobile).

The lines that need to be changed are like this:

size="20">bitmaps/image_12.png,0,0,33,33,-24,-24</bitmap><zoomlevel max="30"

srbsq7
06-05-2017, 09:07 AM
Just doing an update this morning and noticed that the java file you get when you choose to download has a new longer name. When you extract it, it no longer prompts for a login either.

Hopefully they've finished fixing the issues?

anemeth
06-05-2017, 09:26 AM
Just doing an update this morning and noticed that the java file you get when you choose to download has a new longer name. When you extract it, it no longer prompts for a login either.

Hopefully they've finished fixing the issues?

When I downloaded on 20th April, this new java file did the download. I remember it as I noticed that it did not ask for login.

Big_D_80
30-05-2017, 10:33 PM
It is a bit of a faff but once you've done it a few times it only takes 10 minutes. Don't forget to edit the categories.pc file buried in the default folder to change the zoomlevel to 30. This enables you to see the camera icons when you are not zoomed right in on either the MMI screen or VC. There should be 5 instances that need changing for each of the camera types (if you are using the Pocket GPS World data that has Mobile, Gatso, Red light, SPECS & pMobile).

The lines that need to be changed are like this:

size="20">bitmaps/image_12.png,0,0,33,33,-24,-24</bitmap><zoomlevel max="30"

Just looking at making some tweaks to the zoom levels - could you clarify if I change the zoom level max number to say 20 do the icons appear at a more zoomed level or do I need to go the other way I/e/ zoom level 40 say? Thanks - I hope that makes sense.

srbsq7
30-05-2017, 10:58 PM
Just looking at making some tweaks to the zoom levels - could you clarify if I change the zoom level max number to say 20 do the icons appear at a more zoomed level or do I need to go the other way I/e/ zoom level 40 say? Thanks - I hope that makes sense.

I could be wrong but I thought 30 was the highest you could go. This means the icons are still visible when you are zoomed out to say a 20 mile across view as opposed to the default setting where icons are only visible when zoomed right in.

Big_D_80
30-05-2017, 11:01 PM
Ah ok. I wonder what changing it to say 20 would do then? Hmmmm

srbsq7
30-05-2017, 11:09 PM
Changing it to 20 would mean the icons disappear at say 15 miles across as opposed to 20 miles when set at 30 (very roughly!) I think the default setting is under 10 and it means as soon as you zoom out, the icons disappear although you still get the alerts and tone on the MMI.

I just like to be able to zoom out on the Virtual Cockpit and be able to glance down occasionally to see if there are any coming up in the next few miles or so.

amacuk
06-06-2017, 07:12 PM
Hi, re version 0917, things may have improved? I have this firmware direct from factory and today (for the first time) I downloaded the POI's from Pocketgpsworld, uploaded the 5 files via MyAudi as well as the 5 bitmaps, and successfully sent to car. No errors, warnings or messages. Went to car and carried out a seamless OTA download - again with zero errors etc. The only thing I didn't do was edit any txt files to take account of zoom etc, so the vanilla CSV files as downloaded from Pocketgpsworld site. Cheers.

maxw
06-06-2017, 07:26 PM
Since wed last week when tried to do map update via download kept coming up with an error

as from today I tried the update and all worked fine one thing new is it ask if you want to open your Audi account
or connect direct

so guessing all the download system at audi had been updated
inc map updates etc

so makes sense AMACUK

thanks for that

M

andyhud007
06-06-2017, 07:27 PM
Great stuff. I can confirm no errors too and I'm on 0976 firmware.

srbsq7
07-06-2017, 12:16 AM
Great stuff. I can confirm no errors too and I'm on 0976 firmware.

Hi Andy, any significant changes you've noticed since changing? Is it worth pushing for the upgrade?

andyhud007
07-06-2017, 08:23 AM
Hi Andy, any significant changes you've noticed since changing? Is it worth pushing for the upgrade?
Not really mate. I've noticed when I start the car it reverts the dab station I was on last time now.. It didn't always do that before.. And I haven't had the volume control on the centre console stop working since I updated... Other than that, no significant changes I can easily see or extra functionality that's magically been enabled.

amacuk
07-06-2017, 05:55 PM
Not really mate. I've noticed when I start the car it reverts the dab station I was on last time now.. It didn't always do that before.. And I haven't had the volume control on the centre console stop working since I updated... Other than that, no significant changes I can easily see or extra functionality that's magically been enabled.

Has anyone found a way of increasing the volume of the 'arrival' bing that plays upon approach to camera? Or displaying the warning text on the VC? TIA

maxw
07-06-2017, 06:06 PM
Has anyone found a way of increasing the volume of the 'arrival' bing that plays upon approach to camera? Or displaying the warning text on the VC? TIA

I must say a warning on the VC would be good
if I'm on the phone hands free I don't get a warning on the MMI screen or a ping when near a speed camera

M

Nemo78
07-06-2017, 09:07 PM
I must say a warning on the VC would be good
if I'm on the phone hands free I don't get a warning on the MMI screen or a ping when near a speed camera

M

Don't you? You've got me thinking now, I'm sure I get something whether the pop up or the ping not sure - if I remember I'll check tomorrow - will need to call someone as well [emoji5]

srbsq7
07-06-2017, 09:46 PM
Not seen a way to display on VC. Not sure if you can change the volume by quickly turning up the volume when it's mid-chime? Possible volume settings in the MMI for alerts too? Mine is pretty loud.

maxw
07-06-2017, 09:58 PM
Don't you? You've got me thinking now, I'm sure I get something whether the pop up or the ping not sure - if I remember I'll check tomorrow - will need to call someone as well [emoji5]

You got me thinking now lol
well def don't ping

andyhud007
07-06-2017, 10:04 PM
Never get anything on the VC apart from the camera icons on the NAV display.. but no idea when on the dog and bone... damn you! :)

amacuk
10-06-2017, 02:44 PM

I'm answering my own question, but have discovered the volume of the tone can be adjusted with Menu/Sound, left option button, Reminders, volume. Works a treat.

MacUsers
11-06-2017, 07:43 PM
Skippy

Just to confirm (for anyone still wondering), the file: metainfo2.txt must be present at the root of the SD/UBS otherwise it's not being recognized as an "update". I've had the same issue until I realized the most important missing file. The update can also be done from the MMI config menu.

-S

MacUsers
12-06-2017, 10:56 AM
Is it possible to provide some sort of notification when you just driving along without the sat-nav/route guidance on? e.g. on the local roads sat-nav may not required but still good to be reminded about the cameras.

-San

srbsq7
12-06-2017, 11:02 AM
Absolutely, if you follow the default instructions you will still get the audible alert and warning pop up on MMI regardless of what you have displayed on there.

MacUsers
12-06-2017, 01:59 PM
Absolutely, if you follow the default instructions you will still get the audible alert and warning pop up on MMI regardless of what you have displayed on there.
I must have some steps missed then. Icons are coming up all right on the screen and the VC but no alert either visual or audible. Thanks!
-S

maxw
12-06-2017, 02:07 PM
I must have some steps missed then. Icons are coming up all right on the screen and the VC but no alert either visual or audible. Thanks!
-S

When I first ever done mine I'm sure there is a tick box for notification on arrival or some thing like that

ahin4114
12-06-2017, 02:54 PM
I have noticed that when I'm driving without a destination mapped then the icons sometimes don't appear until quite late. I'm guessing that the route calculation and plotting pre-loads POI whereas general driving, the system is being reactive when it loads them.

Is it just me seeing this, or are others experiencing the same?

MacUsers
12-06-2017, 03:58 PM
When I first ever done mine I'm sure there is a tick box for notification on arrival or some thing like that
any rough recollection of where that config step might be?
-S

ahin4114
12-06-2017, 04:28 PM
any rough recollection of where that config step might be?
-S

Check out post #73 (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=73) in this thread.

srbsq7
12-06-2017, 04:43 PM
I have noticed that when I'm driving without a destination mapped then the icons sometimes don't appear until quite late. I'm guessing that the route calculation and plotting pre-loads POI whereas general driving, the system is being reactive when it loads them.

Is it just me seeing this, or are others experiencing the same?

Possible that this is to do with zoomlevel not being done. You can only do this by editing the file via SD card and not sending to the car over the air.

ahin4114
12-06-2017, 05:02 PM
Possible that this is to do with zoomlevel not being done. You can only do this by editing the file via SD card and not sending to the car over the air.

Yup, done that. Zoom level 30 across all the nodes.

Is that the same value being used by others?

srbsq7
12-06-2017, 06:13 PM
Strange, can't the that then.

I don't have any issues with icons not appearing. I have seen the update process knock out some of the settings and I've had to go into the MMI config to reselect the SPOI's for speedcams though.

Have you tried looking via the map info on the dash when it doesn't appear in the MMI ?

A good example for me is I drive past a mobile camera location twice per day on the drive to and from the station which is less than a 10 minute drive and the audible alert and MMI notification always goes off, even though no route is set in satnav.

ahin4114
12-06-2017, 06:21 PM
Strange, can't the that then.

I don't have any issues with icons not appearing. I have seen the update process knock out some of the settings and I've had to go into the MMI config to reselect the SPOI's for speedcams though.

Have you tried looking via the map info on the dash when it doesn't appear in the MMI ?

A good example for me is I drive past a mobile camera location twice per day on the drive to and from the station which is less than a 10 minute drive and the audible alert and MMI notification always goes off, even though no route is set in satnav.

It's inconsistent at present but I've only had the car for a few days and so there's a lot of variables right now. Best example I can give of the behaviour is that I can be driving along a road which I know has a speed camera, the area on the map where the camera should be does not show the icon, having driven past the point where the camera is the map will update and show the icon. Some cameras however are rendered correctly at all times.

First point for me was to find out if this was reproducible elsewhere, otherwise I'll keep tinkering and report back for the next person who may hit it.

Thanks for the help.

srbsq7
12-06-2017, 06:48 PM
I generally tend to have the MMI map (if even selected) zoomed out even beyond what zoomlevel 30 will show and have the VC map zoomed right in. Wondering if you are on the edge of a zoom where icons are shown?

ragebe
12-06-2017, 09:13 PM
I've finally got around to doing this today.

I decided to start with a free POI, to ensure I was doing the installation correctly. I've used My Audi quite a lot for Twitter/destinations and RSS feeds, so downloaded and installed the National Trust POI from https://www.poigraves.uk/pages/pagent.php (https://www.poigraves.uk/pages/nt.php) That uploaded via wi-fi using My Audi, so I then tried McDonalds and met with the same success.

So, onto a subscription with PocketGPSWorld and downloading the set of files, Andy mentioned up-thread. Followed those instructions and all uploaded via My Audi and sent to car. Then downloaded all to the car via wi-fi.

All of it worked exactly as it should, bar one minor thing. Some of the mobile camera locations near to me, came up with a NT icon. Ran a little errand about 6-miles away and when I returned home, having off-on the engine/ignition, all icons were appearing correctly.

So a success for me and many thanks to Andy and Skippy for their useful contributions on this thread.

MacUsers
13-06-2017, 11:55 AM
Check out post #73 (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=73) in this thread.
Yes, missed those steps (well, never understood the 'Arrival Notifications' until now) and worked like a charm.
Thanks a lot!!

-S

Nemo78
22-06-2017, 07:03 PM
You got me thinking now lol
well def don't ping

Finally thought about this and looked today...I get the pop up but no ping when on the phone on the MMI screen

Harvi
11-07-2017, 09:17 AM
Hi, did anyone figure out how to change the distance before the notification? I think the default is 100 yards.

Thanks all,

srbsq7
11-07-2017, 03:38 PM
Don’t believe so.

MacUsers
11-07-2017, 08:20 PM
Finally thought about this and looked today...I get the pop up but no ping when on the phone on the MMI screen
Well, now that may answers one of my question: the other day, one of my friends called when I was driving back home and since then I was wondering if it actually pinged for two of the known camera in our area. I think I'm sure now it didn't.

-S

maxw
11-07-2017, 11:19 PM
Well, now that may answers one of my question: the other day, one of my friends called when I was driving back home and since then I was wondering if it actually pinged for two of the known camera in our area. I think I'm sure now it didn't.

-S

Another strange one to go with my no ping when on the phone is

if you pass the same camera twice it don't ping the second time ie

when I go to a friends to pick them up they live about a mile past a speed camera so pick him up turn around and head back with out switching engine off
when I then pass the same camera going the other way it don't ping and not even sure it shows a warning

so another one for you to try Nemo now you tried the phone one lol

and it's not just happen with that camera I first noticed this when I first installed the camera warning over a year ago as went out for drive to try it and and couldnt work out why it didn't ping on way back
the only way it will ping on way back is if you pass another camera first then head back

srbsq7
11-07-2017, 11:23 PM
I guess there’s some logic there [emoji3] after all we’re piggybacking the special point of interest feature. Within a short distance, it probably thinks you’re still there.

maxw
11-07-2017, 11:29 PM
I guess there’s some logic there [emoji3] after all we’re piggybacking the special point of interest feature. Within a short distance, it probably thinks you’re still there.

Yes mate was thinking on them lines that I wouldn't ping twice or thinking it's already warned
but same time you could go hundreds of miles and come back and as long as you don't pass another camera it still wouldn't warn you
although it's not going to happen but a short trip could and then catch you out if you get used to listen for the ping and relie on it

srbsq7
11-07-2017, 11:34 PM
I will try and test as I’ve got a camera nearby and never noticed. I also have the speedcam warning on the dashcam so that always pipes up so possible just never noticed.

Not perfect but between the two it generally has me covered [emoji106]

maxw
11-07-2017, 11:39 PM
I will try and test as I’ve got a camera nearby and never noticed. I also have the speedcam warning on the dashcam so that always pipes up so possible just never noticed.

Not perfect but between the two it generally has me covered [emoji106]

good job to as they getting very hot on things

spec as I had to attend a speed awareness course today tut tut lol

was caught by a mobile hand held camera and they was standing on side of the road
no police ahead stopping any one and never knew the hand help jobs recorded the reg number? So thought as a line of cars all over the limit I got away with it hmmmm (how wrong was I)

well at least they never used to a year or so ago

but I was in a line of about 7 cars inc a van in front and no one slowed down and I had no chance of seeing or warning
norm camera vans and handhelds if you can't see you think the car in front would slow but hey ho least no points

this was 7pm on a bank holiday Monday also hmmmm so your never safe

srbsq7
12-07-2017, 05:05 PM
I’m sure the fact you were in an SQ7 was irrelevant [emoji23]

I reckon you could challenge it but is it worth it?

I thought about challenging once but took the course as advised it was cheaper / not worth it. Then got done again soon after and ended up with points. So annoying as each time was down to not slowing down quick enough. Both in the same location - I really am that stupid!

My case was going to be that he signage was completely obscured by loads of Homebase promotion signs.

That was in the X5 bone shaker. Q7 with ACC speed limit changes and two speedcam warning solutions (sometimes with Waze also on). Surely can’t happen again [emoji15]

Nemo78
12-07-2017, 05:53 PM
Another strange one to go with my no ping when on the phone is

if you pass the same camera twice it don't ping the second time ie

when I go to a friends to pick them up they live about a mile past a speed camera so pick him up turn around and head back with out switching engine off
when I then pass the same camera going the other way it don't ping and not even sure it shows a warning

so another one for you to try Nemo now you tried the phone one lol

and it's not just happen with that camera I first noticed this when I first installed the camera warning over a year ago as went out for drive to try it and and couldnt work out why it didn't ping on way back
the only way it will ping on way back is if you pass another camera first then head back

Max I'll give this a go - shame I didn't see it on the way home from work...will report back unless srbsq7 beats me to it

maxw
12-07-2017, 06:06 PM
I’m sure the fact you were in an SQ7 was irrelevant [emoji23]

I reckon you could challenge it but is it worth it?

I thought about challenging once but took the course as advised it was cheaper / not worth it. Then got done again soon after and ended up with points. So annoying as each time was down to not slowing down quick enough. Both in the same location - I really am that stupid!

My case was going to be that he signage was completely obscured by loads of Homebase promotion signs.

That was in the X5 bone shaker. Q7 with ACC speed limit changes and two speedcam warning solutions (sometimes with Waze also on). Surely can’t happen again [emoji15]

yes funny enough they all pick good good places to stand with a camera
if you ask they would say it's a black spot but noting to do with location and cat see them till last minute lol

funny enough it had nothing to do with being in a SQ7 lol I'd of got the fine in a smart car lol just following the line of traffic in front like we all do wasn't looking ahead and wouldn't of seen it if I was due to the van but why the people in front of the van didn't slow down not sure

still first one ever so not done bad just hope I don't end up with a bad run and get more

Nemo I knew you was up for the challenge lol

M

Nemo78
13-07-2017, 09:13 PM
Nemo I knew you was up for the challenge lol

M

Wait...what challenge is this? I'm signing up to too many and I'm forgetting!!

The Shell diesel challenge should start this weekend / early next week

The Speed Camera (check not challenge) I forgot about today so will do in coming days...

What else have i signed up to? [emoji5]

maxw
13-07-2017, 09:20 PM
Wait...what challenge is this? I'm signing up to too many and I'm forgetting!!

The Shell diesel challenge should start this weekend / early next week

The Speed Camera (check not challenge) I forgot about today so will do in coming days...

What else have i signed up to? [emoji5]

Id forgot about the shell and you just done the no ping while on the phone passing speed camera lol

MacUsers
14-07-2017, 11:54 AM
The Shell diesel challenge should start this weekend / early next week[emoji5]
What's that all about?

-S

maxw
14-07-2017, 12:58 PM
If you read back a bit

its to do with shell v power and if it's got more power

but the main thing is although more money they claim you can get more miles per gallon with shell v power

M

Gyro
12-08-2017, 05:31 PM
OK, so I've FINALLY got round to importing the speed cameras (had a false start a few moths ago!)...anyway, I've followed all the steps, but when I click on "start download" in the MMI (I sent the data to the car from My Audi), it seems to be stuck on "The download is being prepared" for an eternity. I've cancelled and restarted several times. Would appreciate any tips!

TIA

Fozzie1960
12-08-2017, 05:43 PM
I experienced the same problem last week. I gave up and downloaded the cameras to an SD card, which worked perfectly.

Gyro
12-08-2017, 05:58 PM
I've tried two different SD cards in each of the two SD ports but it always says "unavailable"!!

Having now tried it about 20 times via the MMI, it started to download...then said it had failed. Why can't this stuff jut work!

srbsq7
12-08-2017, 06:06 PM
Hi Gyro, I always go the SD route as changing the zoomlevel so you can actually see the icons is important for me.

Have you tried reformatting the SD card from a windows computer. I think it needs to be fat32 from a distant memory.

I use a Mac to upload new data but I think I may have originally formatted on windows.

Gyro
12-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Hi Gyro, I always go the SD route as changing the zoomlevel so you can actually see the icons is important for me.

Have you tried reformatting the SD card from a windows computer. I think it needs to be fat32 from a distant memory.

I use a Mac to upload new data but I think I may have originally formatted on windows.

Yeah tried reformatting and neither of the two SD cards are recognised in either of the car's SD slots. Download from my Audi still not working either. Giving up now.

srbsq7
12-08-2017, 09:57 PM
If you PM your email address I can send you the recent upload I did. You should be able to just copy to SD and import.

Gyro
12-08-2017, 11:15 PM
Cheers mate. The engineer in me kept me going and I actually went all the way back to the start - deleted the files in My Audi and downloaded the most recent ones, sent them back to the car, but before I tried to download them I updated the maps in the satnav. Followed Andy's superb multi-post tutorial thereafter and everything worked a treat after that.

Still got an issue with the SD cards not being read by the car but I'm glued to the PC as on duty this weekend, so in between trying to solve offshore drilling problems I'll be trying to sort out me SD cards!

Cheers
Scott

ahin4114
12-08-2017, 11:34 PM
Make sure when you're formatting the cards you use FAT32, not exFAT or NTFS. Larger cards need one of these to work but the Audi MMI only supports FAT32. Windows moved away from FAT32 a long time ago so will try to use NTFS by default which won't be supported in the car but will look fine on your computer.

Nemo78
13-08-2017, 08:49 AM
I have the same SD card issue Gyro....

srbsq7
13-08-2017, 09:52 AM
I don’t recall it being this hard but what about this link:

https://digiex.net/threads/format-sd-card-to-fat32-on-windows-7-8-or-10-includes-micro-sdhc-sdxc-cards.14179/

rza
24-09-2017, 12:15 PM
I managed to successfully download to car. But when I try utilising the SD card version (after amended zoom), I just cant get it to work. Keep getting issue update interrupted. I have tried diff SD cards, formatted in Mac/ windows, ex-fat, FAT 32 but still issues. Does anyone else have any suggestions I can try please?

srbsq7
24-09-2017, 03:09 PM
I just did mine today. I'm using a 32gb SD formatted as ExFAT. PM your email address and I can send you the files I uploaded if you want to rule it out.

rza
24-09-2017, 03:23 PM
I just did mine today. I'm using a 32gb SD formatted as ExFAT. PM your email address and I can send you the files I uploaded if you want to rule it out.

Thanks mate I have PM address.

rza
24-09-2017, 06:36 PM

Thanks for the files buddy. I tried these and they do not work either. I did try uploading via SD card but without the changes to categories files (so default) and that worked fine. For some reason my mmi (and it seems like mine only) does not like any changes to that file. Really weird...

srbsq7
24-09-2017, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the files buddy. I tried these and they do not work either. I did try uploading via SD card but without the changes to categories files (so default) and that worked fine. For some reason my mmi (and it seems like mine only) does not like any changes to that file. Really weird...

That’s really weird! What about trying the one that doesn’t work again but editing the categories file and changing the zoomlevel back to 9?

If that works, it would suggest that you can’t put zoomlevel up that high so perhaps try going up in increments of 5 till it breaks?

rza
26-09-2017, 12:44 PM
That’s really weird! What about trying the one that doesn’t work again but editing the categories file and changing the zoomlevel back to 9?

If that works, it would suggest that you can’t put zoomlevel up that high so perhaps try going up in increments of 5 till it breaks?

Thats a great idea thanks mate, I will check and try this in the next day or so. Appreciate your help in this buddy.

easyeieio
03-11-2017, 10:41 PM
Just tried logging in to my Audi to upload the latest speed camera POIs, and it's telling me this! Only one car registered with my Audi, and always worked previously. Anyone else having problems?

"Vehicle is not connect-capableThe Audi connect services are not available for the selected vehicle. The Audi connect services can only be used in connection with the optional Bluetooth car phone and the optional MMI® Navigation plus."

srbsq7
03-11-2017, 11:45 PM
Yep, I’m getting the same. Looks like they’ve let the buffoons loose again.

Hopefully it’s not broken for too long as I was planning to do the monthly update this weekend!

If the VW group want to ensure the likes of Tesla don’t become serious competition, they need to up their game on the software side.

srbsq7
04-11-2017, 09:47 AM
Back working this morning. I’ve got the latest update downloaded now to the SD Card so assuming upload to car will be fine.

easyeieio
04-11-2017, 12:36 PM
Yep, all working again this morning ! Phew

MarkLambers
15-05-2018, 06:45 PM
Anyone done this recently? Tried to do it this morning and got all the way to the last step, to configure the map settings for the instrument cluster, and the sub-menu for myAudi Special Destinations comes up empty. It’s fine for the MMI, and I can see the speed cameras in the MMI map view now, but don’t seem to be able to show them in the map in Virtual Cockpit. :-(

Nemo78
15-05-2018, 08:46 PM
Anyone done this recently? Tried to do it this morning and got all the way to the last step, to configure the map settings for the instrument cluster, and the sub-menu for myAudi Special Destinations comes up empty. It’s fine for the MMI, and I can see the speed cameras in the MMI map view now, but don’t seem to be able to show them in the map in Virtual Cockpit. :-(

Has it worked previously for you?

I did it LW no issues at all.

MarkLambers
15-05-2018, 09:01 PM
Nope, first time trying it today. Only had the car.... er.... seven months. :-)

I guess I could remove them all and start over.

Nemo78
15-05-2018, 09:52 PM
Nope, first time trying it today. Only had the car.... er.... seven months. :-)

I guess I could remove them all and start over.

Is it literally just the menu options on the MMI screen you’re missing for VC?

The only issue I get now and then after updating the database is that I have to respect the POIs to show on MMI and VC...hit and miss!

srbsq7
15-05-2018, 10:07 PM
Is it literally just the menu options on the MMI screen you’re missing for VC?

The only issue I get now and then after updating the database is that I have to respect the POIs to show on MMI and VC...hit and miss!

Same here. Assume you meant ‘reset the POIs’! I get that, most of the time the selections remain but occasionally they deselect themselves?!

I updated mine a couple of weeks ago without issue.

MarkLambers
18-05-2018, 11:03 AM
Well, I looked at the menus again this morning (without resending or updating the PoIs) and this time the instrument cluster menu *did* show the options to enable the myAudi special destinations. So presumably just a timing issue or MMI bug the other day, sigh. Thanks all.

srbsq7
24-07-2018, 08:15 PM
Audi connect website seems to be playing up again. Errors when I go to the special points of interest section.

Anyone else having issues?

Nemo78
26-07-2018, 09:39 PM
Audi connect website seems to be playing up again. Errors when I go to the special points of interest section.

Anyone else having issues?

I haven’t tried in ages to be fair - I keep losing the ping on the MMI for absolutely no reason

srbsq7
27-07-2018, 12:03 PM
I emailed Audi customer services earlier this week and they’ve just come back to say it’s fixed. Looking online, seems to be [emoji106]

Nemo78
18-08-2018, 10:24 PM
I emailed Audi customer services earlier this week and they’ve just come back to say it’s fixed. Looking online, seems to be [emoji106]

How do you load the cameras in? The portal has changed and I can’t find the obvious upload for POI upload?

srbsq7
19-08-2018, 06:46 AM
How do you load the cameras in? The portal has changed and I can’t find the obvious upload for POI upload?

Hi Nemo,

Looks like they haven't ported it across. I've emailed customer services to find out if this is temporary as part of the new site or permanent.

This might be an alternative if they're not going to support this going forward: Welcome to POIbase! (https://www.poibase.com/en/)

Nemo78
19-08-2018, 07:18 AM
Hi Nemo,

Looks like they haven't ported it across. I've emailed customer services to find out if this is temporary as part of the new site or permanent.

This might be an alternative if they're not going to support this going forward: Welcome to POIbase! (https://www.poibase.com/en/)

Thanks srbsq7 - Let us know what CS say when you hear [emoji1360]

uplandsway
10-10-2018, 06:22 PM
Hi,
Have read this whole thread with interest.

Is this pretty much the same in the link ?â–· Audi A6 C7 MMI Navigation plus MMI touch (4G) update. Speedcam for your maps. Download update. Free custom download. (http://www.speedcamupdates.com/audi-a6-c7-mmi)