PDA

View Full Version : Q7 e-tron

Nemo78
07-05-2016, 10:46 PM
So has anyone ordered one? I had a play on the configurator and it's strange when it has near £65k starting price you still have to spec things like Privacy Glass! Can't have black styling pack and Tech Pack is cheaper but Dynamic pack costs more etc

Haven't looked at standard spec etc properly but my guess is it's more in line with the the SE rather than S-Line?

My final spec came to an eye watering £77,925...so 156mpg or an SQ7 giving a lot less [emoji23]

Q7newbie
07-05-2016, 11:39 PM
And don't forget, it's an imaginary 156mpg! Most of us would only every get 70mpg at best! (when driving like a granny). Plus you lose the 3rd row of seats. I'm not sold with the current stats of the eTron.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

chrisjerman
08-05-2016, 10:04 PM
Sq7 every time for me , these hybrid's may do 153 mpg in a laboratory with all the ancillaries disconnected including rear axle and no wind resistance on a rolling road , but from most of the real world driving tests done you are lucky if you can achieve the same mpg as the equivalent standard tdi . Given that 90% of the energy taken to drive from A to B is derived from building the car and not the fuel you put in it I can't see any point in hybrid's even from an environmental point of view especially as the etron would take more energy to build .
Depreciation I would think will be far higher on an etron thus negating any fuel saving if there was one over the sq7 . Look at the sq5's they didn't depreciate at all hardly for the first two years after launch while once the etron gets older no one will want them for fear of having to replace the batteries .
Plus we all know which one will put the bigger smile on your face :-)

A7_UFO
11-05-2016, 08:49 AM
I think the XC90 hybrid has got Audi licked on this one.

NickTyler
11-05-2016, 09:14 AM
SQ7! For the same reasons as Chris.

Q7newbie
12-05-2016, 05:08 PM
I think the XC90 hybrid has got Audi licked on this one.
How so? Only asking for an informed and unsubjective take.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

srbsq7
12-05-2016, 05:34 PM
I think the xc90 keeps the 7 seat option but I've seen a few YouTube clips and I'd prefer the v6 / electric combo if I had to choose one and not the SQ7!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EssexGonzo
15-05-2016, 02:51 PM
I think the Q7 etron is a white elephant. Real life efficiency just won't happen as per the stats. It's more of a lifestyle statement than a logical choice.

And the SQ7.......given that I'm most definitely not a Q7 fan (old or new) the SQ7 is strangely and ridiculously compelling in that it shouldn't be able to do what it does.........in the same way that the old V12 Tdi was, despite looking like an elephant. :moon::bigok: (The old one, that is).

A7_UFO
16-05-2016, 01:09 PM
7 seats is the major point. Other than that, I'm basing my opinion on reports in car magazine features (4* Volvo/3* Audi). The Volvo appears to soak up the battery weight and deliver a "better" driving experience.

ianbrazier
10-06-2016, 12:29 AM
All I can say is when I asked my local sales they said don't touch it unless it's on contract! Went on to show me how the A3 etron had lost loads and that residuals couldn't be trusted. Other main reason they didn't promote it(and I am a genuine interested party with most trips under 30 miles) was that they didn't have the hardware time support it and "don't I really want to hear an engine" not quite the professional response to my genuine interest. Pity they couldn't trust the customer to work out for themselves if it was a white elephant or not. Oh and had to laugh at a recent ad I saw it said 'no compromise' well being a q7 driver there certainly is as it looses the 6th and 7th seat !!

NickTyler
10-06-2016, 12:59 PM
I think in some markets the third row of seats is an option so they might be using that and being a bit artistic with the 'no compromise'