PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Going to view 2009 Audi A4 2.0 TDi SE- Help needed

Emmett Madden
07-05-2016, 09:13 PM
Hi guys,
I'm new to this thread so any help is appreciated.
So I'm going to view my potential next car this Friday, I'll be going with a friend. I have a fair knowledge of cars along with my friend, this car will be my 6th diesel car so far.
Anyways, I was wondering is there anything specific I should look out for on friday on this Audi A4? Any common problems I should look out for? Best things to check and be weary of?
Its a 2009 White A4 with 125000 on the clock, good service history, MOT history seems genuine. I can post a link to it if ye want..
Thanks and any help at all is appreciated!
-Emmett

Rsheen
07-05-2016, 09:32 PM
Emmett
i used to own a 2003 A 4 - great car! Couple of years ago, I bought a new replacement A4. All seemed well until I started going long distances. Only after sitting in the driver's seat a few hours do you realise how uncomfortable it is. The pedals on the b8 are so offset your body bends like a banana. To be honest I did not sense this just by a casual sit in the car or a short drive. But now I am aware of it, it literally is a pain. Just be sure you are100% happy with driving position. I also have an A6 and this is ok. I just think the A4 b8 is a bit strange

Emmett Madden
07-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the quick reply Rsheen,
I also recently had a 2004 A4, very comfortable and solid car in general. Latest car was an 08 Jetta 1.9Tdi, sold that as the clutch & flyhweel was on its way out.
Have you encountered any problems with your B8? The car I'm looking at seems fairly genuine, have a look for yourself if you wish- Audi A4 2.0 TDI SE 4dr (http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201512019134864?postcode=AL9%207QT&searchcontext=default&transmission=manual&page=3&fuel-type=diesel&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&seller-type=trade_adverts&maximum-age=up_to_8_years_old&model=a4&sort=default&price-to=6000&radius=1500&make=audi&search-target=usedcars&logcode=p)

Rsheen
07-05-2016, 10:51 PM
No real issues other than driving position. One word of warning, my old A4 1.9tdi 130 bhp returned 50 mpg+. Thie new one only has 4,500 miles on clock after 2 years but only does 29mpg. Just had 2 year service. Main dealer says there are no problems and this is about right for a 2.0 TDI 177 bhp Quattro. If yours is the same spec expect 29mpg around town and 40mpg on a run. The A6 I mentioned is 245 bhp 3.0 TDI Quattro s tronic and is far better on fuel, as strange as it may seem. Again the consumption is something you won't find out till you buy the car after which it may be too late. Now if your proposed car is fwd and different bhp it may be ok but just ask the owner what it does or take a glance at the computer long term average mpg (then knock off 5-10% as it is always over optimistic)