PDA

View Full Version : New Q7 gremlins

Kosmo
07-05-2016, 08:16 AM
Hi
Nov 2015 reg 4K mile Q7 problem. On Sat 30th April 10.a.m. parked vehicle, on return key would let me in but but would not start vehicle.
Audi road side assistance took 8 hours to recover and even then the vehicle was dragged with wheels locked on to truck.(not a pretty sight)
Pleased wife or daughter were not out in it.

Vehicle recovered to compound and delivered to dealer Tues 3rd May.
The dealer has the vehicle up and running (software upgrade) but Audi U.K. cannot state that this fix has cured problem.
Have any current owners suffered same/similar problems? Any info would appreciated.

Would you accept return of vehicle in current status?

Have to say that up to this point we were really impressed with the car and for those awaiting delivery it is a fantastic bit of kit and worth the wait, having had 8 A4/A6 over the last 20 years I wondered how they could make the difference but they certainly have.

satyp
07-05-2016, 08:52 AM
Hi
Nov 2015 reg 4K mile Q7 problem. On Sat 30th April 10.a.m. parked vehicle, on return key would let me in but but would not start vehicle.
Audi road side assistance took 8 hours to recover and even then the vehicle was dragged with wheels locked on to truck.(not a pretty sight)
Pleased wife or daughter were not out in it.

Vehicle recovered to compound and delivered to dealer Tues 3rd May.
The dealer has the vehicle up and running (software upgrade) but Audi U.K. cannot state that this fix has cured problem.
Have any current owners suffered same/similar problems? Any info would appreciated.

Would you accept return of vehicle in current status?

Have to say that up to this point we were really impressed with the car and for those awaiting delivery it is a fantastic bit of kit and worth the wait, having had 8 A4/A6 over the last 20 years I wondered how they could make the difference but they certainly have.

Hi

I think Audi would try and give it the 3 strikes rule .. Basically exhaust every fix via delear before passing to Manufacture.. Sounds like 👍 you already there..

I've read somwhere the new 2015 consumer law offers a lot more protection to this kind of situation thankfully.

If you considering not keeping it and rightly you shouldn't need to accept it considering they have no explanation.

I would make it real clear to AUDI and in writing ofcourse that any further issues whether directly or indirectly related to the SAME issue and you would excercise you full rights and ensure AUDI replace it without fuss & on GOODWILL alone.

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

andyhud007
07-05-2016, 08:55 AM
Agree. Completely. While I haven't had that issue at all I would definitely follow it up in writing to your dealer and mention the words 'consumer rights act' etc. That will make them sit up and pay attention your not taking this lightly. Good luck

Nemo78
07-05-2016, 09:12 AM
Have a read here..

Consumer Rights Act 2015 - Which? Consumer Rights (http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act)

The good thing is you fall under the above act...all now depends how old your car is as that makes it easy/difficult...within or outside 6 months.

Unfortunately as a few of us have found the earlier cars do have some gremlins in them...

But then again so does my second one but that's a different story as it has I believe been fixed

satyp
07-05-2016, 09:16 AM
Also it pays to be diplomatic with your local dealers as they are ones they we would have the most conversation with..

No 👎 matter how ar**sy they make you want to get with them, it just helps to be that little bit more on the back foot at times ;-) hope you get what you want from it more than they do

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

Nemo78
07-05-2016, 09:17 AM
Also a thread here which details some of the issues

2nd Gen Q7 Faults (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=171483)

And as Satyp says being diplomatic and polite pays huge dividends in the end - remember it's not your dealers fault, but it is your dealer ultimately that will help you [emoji1360]

Kosmo
07-05-2016, 09:40 AM
Thanks for quick responses,Dealer is pushing on my behalf and is delivering outstanding customer service in dealing with problem absolutely no issue with them and have already let them know this. Nemo 78 consumer rights helpful car inside 6 month period.

satyp
07-05-2016, 10:09 AM
It's good the dealer pushing it for you as, I like the Audi Brand but AUDI UK CS are notorious for the 48hr no email "phone call only" replies with absolutely NO traction on the issue. They act like a "BIG FRONT" to cushion all the blows that they must get from all Us a hard working Audi paying customers...

Nemo78
07-05-2016, 11:44 AM
The one thing to remember and keep dealer on side is fundamentally it's dealer discretion as to what happens around rejection. Audi UK don't really care, yes they may support in which Case easy decision for dealer but at the same time they may not and that makes it harder for them as then they take the full hit on the car. And don't be fooled there is one heck of a hit on them...which makes the initial discounts important

dghdgh
07-05-2016, 03:00 PM
Are you dealing with Sunderland Newcastle or Teesside?

Kosmo
07-05-2016, 03:36 PM
Supplying dealer York Audi, I visited Teesside Audi for a price, it was seven weeks before they came back to me.

dghdgh
07-05-2016, 03:53 PM
I will be looking for a good dealership to support me as I am getting my car from Audi Watford. The salesman at Teesside was great but let down by the sales management in the price which was not competitive. The after sales have done themselves no favours with a technician doing over 90 in a 50 during a test drive which was caught on a tracker camera.

Kosmo
07-05-2016, 04:36 PM
Yes found it strange at Teesside despite having done Buisness with them previously, sensed salesman thought I wasn't serious even though they had a Q7 in the showroom which I would of took if deal was right.

Service wise we had an A4 from Newcastle Audi Westgate Road received good customer service both on purchase and after sales but nothing that can match York we bought a new A6 from them two years ago after a speculative telephone enquiry, treated serious deal was done over the phone one Sat afternoon with just 3 calls between us and a far more attractive deal than had been offered in North East.
If York distance is not a problem I'd forge a link there, if you have to remain closer to home you're not wrong in giving Teesside a miss.