PDA

View Full Version : Rear BUMPER GUARD protector Q7 (4m 2015) - changed from Steel/Silver to Black on the MY17 Configurator

satyp
06-05-2016, 04:03 PM
30576Anyone know if this has changed?

Thanks

Nemo78
06-05-2016, 06:07 PM
Mine is black on both MY16 versions I.e. Sept build and March build

satyp
06-05-2016, 09:10 PM
Interesting we bumped into this large family in Somerset as we've now ordered the exact same color wheels etc.. wonder if they aftermarket - sprayed it or something if that's that case. Google confusingly shows quite a few images of the silver/metal guard not sure of UK origin though .. don't mind black but the silver kinda stands out on certain color choices..

JMB7
06-05-2016, 10:09 PM
Strange one, I'm pretty sure the florret silver Q7 I had while they were trying to fix mine didn't have the black protector as I think it would have stood out, and to be honest I can't remember what my original Daytona grey had but if memory serves that wasn't black either.
My memory might be playing tricks although I'm hoping my replacement when it comes (which is silver) doesn't have the black bumper guards.

satyp
06-05-2016, 10:22 PM
Strange one, I'm pretty sure the florret silver Q7 I had while they were trying to fix mine didn't have the black protector as I think it would have stood out, and to be honest I can't remember what my original Daytona grey had but if memory serves that wasn't black either.
My memory might be playing tricks although I'm hoping my replacement when it comes (which is silver) doesn't have the black bumper guards.
Did you have major issues with your 2015 Q7 then? or just doing a replacement of trim engine etc..

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

Nemo78
07-05-2016, 07:05 AM
Up early and thought I'd have a look at Google and then thought better still Audi UK used cars...

To me it looks like if you have an SE you get the silver guard

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160507/757025887ffd0a31a24d8d7ddc342761.jpg

And if you have an S-Line you get the black guard

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160507/5d5bf823b3e0cb18492a81b1bbb3bc1e.jpg

Nemo78
07-05-2016, 07:06 AM
Did you have major issues with your 2015 Q7 then? or just doing a replacement of trim engine etc..

I'm sure JMB won't mind me saying...but we both had nightmares...different ones but nightmares!

satyp
07-05-2016, 07:20 AM
Wow Nemo78 .. Genius/Gem. SPOT ON .. I believe your Right - I have to say I`m not sure why I bother with giving Audi sales folk the benefit of the doubt at all..

He's line was the customer must`ve got it done afterMarket or something what Bs!!

Nemo78
07-05-2016, 07:22 AM
Wow Nemo78 .. Genius/Gem. SPOT ON .. I believe your Right - I have to say I`m not sure why I bother with giving Audi sales folk the benefit of the doubt at all..

He's line was the customer must`ve got it done afterMarket or something what Bs!!

Sometimes I think we would make great sales people with our knowledge on these cars....[emoji5]

And we would sell tonnes of cars to happy people because we know roughly what levels of discount we want / get and therefore can give...

Then I realise we wouldn't have a business if everyone got a whopping % off their car...but they would be educated and happy customers knowing exactly what they are getting [emoji23]

satyp
07-05-2016, 07:26 AM
I'm sure JMB won't mind me saying...but we both had nightmares...different ones but nightmares!
My missus is NOT going to be happy at all after seeing this ..

O s*** what a bummer on both fronts for me S LINE & have sunk 65K into a potential problem

Have you guys REJECTED and waiting for BRAND new once .. I'm hoping it was pot luck and just down to the “odd” mechanical issue not leading upto a common issue ..

Too much of a coincudence to have 2 of you with nightmares on the same vehicle on here..

I can Hear 👂 the I told you not another AUDI coming ..

satyp
07-05-2016, 07:30 AM
Sometimes I think we would make great sales people with our knowledge on these cars....[emoji5]

And we would sell tonnes of cars to happy people because we know roughly what levels of discount we want / get and therefore can give...

Then I realise we wouldn't have a business if everyone got a whopping % off their car...but they would be educated and happy customers knowing exactly what they are getting [emoji23]
Couldn't say it better.. Audi need to shift cars to the landfill dealers want to profit as much as they can in world with sinking profits.. Fast forward 20 years and we could clicking our way directly into the factories

Nemo78
07-05-2016, 09:14 AM
Have you guys REJECTED and waiting for BRAND new once .. I'm hoping it was pot luck and just down to the “odd” mechanical issue not leading upto a common issue ..

Yes...I have my new one and JMB is waiting for his

Papereyes
07-05-2016, 09:43 AM

I think your onto an idea! You could effectively become a broker, negotiate broker discount with dealers or direct with Audi.