PDA

View Full Version : Speed Camera Alerts - Discover/Discover Pro Nav

StumblingTrout
05-05-2016, 04:24 PM
Not sure if mentioned before, but I bought this on eBay:

VW DISCOVER PRO, SKODA COLUMBUS, UK SPEED CAMERA POI MAP UPDATE SERVICE | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301920611744?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT)

Installed a treat, now I get an audible 'Bong' when approaching a camera and the relevant icon on the display.

Not a bad purchase for £4.99. The guy is incredibly helpful too.

ST.

150GT Passat
09-05-2016, 06:14 PM
Reading through the advert on eBay, did you need to supply an SD card, or did he post all necessary updates to you, all for £4.99?
Thanks in advance.

StumblingTrout
09-05-2016, 06:57 PM
Supply your own SD card. It doesn't need to big - the update is only 3mb or so so tiny in size, and who doesn't have an SD card knocking about these days. I borrowed one out of my camera.

Edit: He also says you can use a USB memory stick as well as an SD card apparently though I just used SD.

He emails the update to you with full instructions (within half an hour in my case) - and will offer support if you have any trouble. Seemed like a really helpful chap. Latest camera database too, mine was updated April 2016.

One thing I have done though is disable the potential mobile camera location POI (Cop at side of road) warning though as there are LOADS of them and you end up ignoring them.

I have just left the Gatso, Red Light & Average Speed cameras turned on. They have their own categories so this is easy to do.

One downside is that POI's don't show in the Active Info Display map but I think that's a limitation of the car over anything else.

scottjc
13-05-2016, 08:07 PM
Thank you so much for sharing the link. I have bought this, dropped it onto a spare pen drive and uploaded it into my Passat.
It works great and gives a nice bong when I'm approaching a camera.

technik
21-05-2016, 10:07 PM
Nice one.