PDA

View Full Version : Is my multichanger broken?

Stalkersam_9
15-10-2007, 12:14 PM
Hi folks,

I've just got my first ever VW - a 04 Passat 1.9 TDi Sport - and i'm having a problem getting the CDs to play random tracks from random discs.

I followed the handbook to set this up and used the TF/Set button, scrolled along to CD shuffle, used the volume knob to select 'M' and then finally used the TF/Set button to exit out.

Despite doing this and checking the screen showed the 'Shuffle' symbol, the system will only play random tracks from one disc.

Have I missed anything/done anything wrong, or is it more likely it just doesn't work correctly?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Simon

sebco
15-10-2007, 03:49 PM
Hi Simon, not much help but it might make you feel better, when i bought mine 18 months ago i had the same thing and thought there was a fault, just decided to live with it when i noticed it was changing cd's as well which it still does i'm pleased to say, i can't work out any sort of pattern with it some days it will play all the tracks on the first disc and then change other times it will play 3 or 4 tracks before changing also i have noticed it seems to change quicker if the same cd's have been in for a while almost as if it is learning what's in the changer first who knows, but just wait a while before spending any money. Nige.

Stalkersam_9
16-10-2007, 10:25 AM
Hi Nige,

Cheers for the reply.

Strange you should say that as I drive home last night with it just playing from 1 disc, but then this morning it started working.

So now, it'll play 4 or 5 tracks from one disc then move on to another. Maybe thats how its supposed to work?

Cheers,

Simon

Froggy
16-10-2007, 01:43 PM
That is how they work on random/shuffle play.

I think you'll find it was at VW's request to try and reduce wear on the mechanism through constantly changing CD's every 4 minutes...

thebaldeagle
23-10-2007, 07:03 PM
and heres me,didnt even know this option was avaiable lol