PDA

View Full Version : Audi dealership trying to sell me AUTOGLYM yet again on the new Q7 just ordered

satyp
05-05-2016, 11:35 AM
Hi ALL

Anyone with any experience with Autoglym products is it really superior to others out there??

Do dealerships REALLY apply it properly 9 out of 10 times..!!

I would like to get some sort valet/detailing treatment professionally applied this time round.. however, sales guys pitches up with £250 - £300 for it, their standard price right.. Obviously not going for it at that price, as not sure how worth it it is or if it would applied professionally in the end ,at car dealerships..

Anyone here got any tricks to get them to chuck it in for free possibly? .. I was going to tell him £75 for itas I don't even know if dealerships apply it professionally. So no point paying the premium for it.

Also, I know once I take delivery and drive out of there it would be great deal harder to source a professional detailing service to apply some sort of protection without the car already getting a bit grime on first of from the road.

Besides, I've already asked for free winter mat and not 👎 going to buy they GAP from them either.. Dudes agreed reluctantly to sort them, provided I give an excellent feedback on the experience apparently, so not sure if I'm Pushing it, with a huge discount on AUTOGLYM...

Would appreciate any pointers at this stage..

Cheers

Gyro
05-05-2016, 12:40 PM
Hi ALL

Anyone with any experience with Autoglym products is it really superior to others out there??

Do dealerships REALLY apply it properly 9 out of 10 times..!!

I would like to get some sort valet/detailing treatment professionally applied this time round.. however, sales guys pitches up with £250 - £300 for it, their standard price right.. Obviously not going for it at that price, as not sure how worth it it is or if it would applied professionally in the end ,at car dealerships..

Anyone here got any tricks to get them to chuck it in for free possibly? .. I was going to tell him £75 for itas I don't even know if dealerships apply it professionally. So no point paying the premium for it.

Also, I know once I take delivery and drive out of there it would be great deal harder to source a professional detailing service to apply some sort of protection without the car already getting a bit grime on first of from the road.

Besides, I've already asked for free winter mat and not �� going to buy they GAP from them either.. Dudes agreed reluctantly to sort them, provided I give an excellent feedback on the experience apparently, so not sure if I'm Pushing it, with a huge discount on AUTOGLYM...

Would appreciate any pointers at this stage..

Cheers

Personally, and IMO, I would tell them to poke the Autoglym, or whatever they suggest putting on the car. I always save the money and put it towards getting the car properly detailed. I've been using the same detailer for a while and he tells me often of cars coming in that have had dealer-applied Autoglym/GardX/etc., and that 9/10 times they have made an absolute pig's ear of applying it, leaving the paintwork in a pretty bad state considering the car is brand new.

A good detailer will have your car for a few days (depending on the level of service you want) and will do an infinitely better job that your dealership will IMO. Done right, detailing will protect you paintwork and will make keeping the car clean much easier, as long as you use the two-bucket technique when washing, and keep on top of tar spots/other bonded contaminants. I use the CarPro range of stuff to do mine.

Don't worry about having the car for a few days before taking it to the detailer IMO - as long as there aren't any massive stone chips or scratches, they can usually work wonders with it. Good luck!

srbsq7
05-05-2016, 01:05 PM
+1 detailer has told me to make sure they don't clean it at all let alone apply anything

satyp
05-05-2016, 03:42 PM
Personally, and IMO, I would tell them to poke the Autoglym, or whatever they suggest putting on the car. I always save the money and put it towards getting the car properly detailed. I've been using the same detailer for a while and he tells me often of cars coming in that have had dealer-applied Autoglym/GardX/etc., and that 9/10 times they have made an absolute pig's ear of applying it, leaving the paintwork in a pretty bad state considering the car is brand new.

A good detailer will have your car for a few days (depending on the level of service you want) and will do an infinitely better job that your dealership will IMO. Done right, detailing will protect you paintwork and will make keeping the car clean much easier, as long as you use the two-bucket technique when washing, and keep on top of tar spots/other bonded contaminants. I use the CarPro range of stuff to do mine.

Don't worry about having the car for a few days before taking it to the detailer IMO - as long as there aren't any massive stone chips or scratches, they can usually work wonders with it. Good luck!
Gyro: Chrs for the input..

Are the detailing company you use nationwide or something. ?

Ain`t got an idea whats available around berkshire. SL6 areas or what sort of pricing to expect for Full body and interior detail for a new car..

Do you know decent nationwide reputable companies by any chance?

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

Gyro
05-05-2016, 07:38 PM
Gyro: Chrs for the input..

Are the detailing company you use nationwide or something. ?

Ain`t got an idea whats available around berkshire. SL6 areas or what sort of pricing to expect for Full body and interior detail for a new car..

Do you know decent nationwide reputable companies by any chance?

No worries. I use a one man band just outside Edinburgh, so not really much use to you unfortunately! I paid £400 for my X5 and £300 for my Passat. That was full paint correction and sealant etc. He also did the wheels with Dlux, and painted my brake callipers. Inside was fully done also...even hoovered proper stripes into my boot carpet. I think this is a reasonable cost considering he had the car three days, but the you can go nuts with the price depending on what products you want him to use etc. There may also be a geographical cost difference...Livingston, where I got mine done, isn't exactly a salubrious area!

I would avoid a mobile detailer, use someone who has their own premises. I was recommended my detailer by a few people, and IMO word of mouth / recommendation is best. Try a Facebook search for somewhere local and check out the reviews? Or a detailing forum? I don't use any fora but I know there are a few good ones if you Google.

Sorry I can't be more help!

G

srbsq7
05-05-2016, 07:42 PM
I'm a bit closer to home and going with a guy called Rob Leys: http://www.gleammachine.net/

A guy I work with details his own cars and has followed his work on various forums for some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

satyp
05-05-2016, 08:05 PM
No worries. I use a one man band just outside Edinburgh, so not really much use to you unfortunately! I paid £400 for my X5 and £300 for my Passat. That was full paint correction and sealant etc. He also did the wheels with Dlux, and painted my brake callipers. Inside was fully done also...even hoovered proper stripes into my boot carpet. I think this is a reasonable cost considering he had the car three days, but the you can go nuts with the price depending on what products you want him to use etc. There may also be a geographical cost difference...Livingston, where I got mine done, isn't exactly a salubrious area!

I would avoid a mobile detailer, use someone who has their own premises. I was recommended my detailer by a few people, and IMO word of mouth / recommendation is best. Try a Facebook search for somewhere local and check out the reviews? Or a detailing forum? I don't use any fora but I know there are a few good ones if you Google.

G
No really nuff said, great tips 👍.. All gets a bit hectic, especially when you haven't been experimenting with all the different options out there over the years and just going with dealer talk..

Jusy older, wising up to exploring the real world I suppose [emoji50]

Will dig a little deeper..

Cheers again nonetheless

satyp
05-05-2016, 08:09 PM
I'm a bit closer to home and going with a guy called Rob Leys: http://www.gleammachine.net/

A guy I work with details his own cars and has followed his work on various forums for some time.

This looks awesome.. Hoping it's practical there and back.. Will enquire ...[emoji3]

NickTyler
06-05-2016, 09:20 AM
I let the dealer apply the autoglym. Big mistake. It is no better than a Halfords own brand wax as far as I can tell. Also the way they applied it I got a few quotes from respected local detailers and they were all about £1,000 to fix the damage and apply some decent ceramic sealer.

As others have said and from my experience do not let the dealer go near your car with any sort of cleaning equipment, much less apply anything. Put the money towards a professional detailer.

Having said that my previous car from the same dealer had A-Glaze (2 years ago and metallic paint, new is solid) and it was pretty good. Someone keyed it after about a year and you could see the A-Glaze layer in the scratch. I'm pretty sure the wind blew the Autoglym off on the way home.

andyhud007
06-05-2016, 10:14 AM
Agreed with everyone. One advantage of wrapped car... nothing to put on! :beerchug:

Bathurst
06-05-2016, 10:43 AM
This guy has a good reputation on the Nissan GTR forum, 30 - 40 mins from SL6, he's based in Camberley (was previously in Ascot).

Home - Valet Magic (http://www.valetmagic.com/)

Papereyes
06-05-2016, 12:17 PM

That's quite close to me as well. Which option you going with?

srbsq7
06-05-2016, 12:37 PM
That's quite close to me as well. Which option you going with?

Going for the New Car Protection and Siramik Glasscoat. Will probably add the Diamas Professionali too.

NickTyler
06-05-2016, 04:26 PM
This looks awesome.. Hoping it's practical there and back.. Will enquire ...[emoji3]

This is who I got the Quote from as well. He is very local to me. I mean less than 200m from my house.

satyp
06-05-2016, 04:49 PM
What are quotes looking like average for int/ext?..
Will post once I'm closer to receiving the 🚗... Just a big waiting game at the moment Fresh order..

El-Cap
06-05-2016, 07:21 PM

G

Who did you use - that is my area and I pick my car up next week!!

Gyro
07-05-2016, 09:54 AM
Who did you use - that is my area and I pick my car up next week!!

It's SG Detailing in Livingston run by Stevie Galloway - SGDetailing.com | Protection with Perfection (http://sgdetailing.com)

El-Cap
07-05-2016, 09:40 PM
It's SG Detailing in Livingston run by Stevie Galloway - SGDetailing.com | Protection with Perfection (http://sgdetailing.com)

Thanks! I have heard of them before but not come across anyone who had used them so good to have a recommendation!