PDA

View Full Version : First long distance drive in the B9

MJC_OK
03-05-2016, 02:31 PM
Having owned the new A4 for about three months now, I'd never done more than an hour long drive up until this weekend, then I had a trip up to Scotland, just over four hours and me and my wife were in absolute agony the day after! I've made the trip in the B8 many times, and whilst I'd previously felt some general aches and stiffness before, this was a whole new level of discomfort.

I can only assume it's down the to S Line sport seats, which I'd previously thought were much more comfortable, especially with the lumbar support. My wife was especially uncomfortable as she tried to deal with our two year old in the back, with the side supports digging into her each time she had to reach back - she'll be sitting on the back seat when we go to London in a few weeks... just wondering what everyone else has been like on these longer drives.

Another thing that occurred to me, I had to put the sat nav on due to a road closure from an accident, while I was using the Apple CarPlay ...does anyone know how to skip songs when the iPhone is playing music but the sat nav screen is on? I couldn't figure it out, other than switching back to CarPlay, which is a real pain! Suppose I could use Siri?

Luggage
06-05-2016, 07:59 PM
I don't own, but I have had a extended demo. What happens if you push the wheel rearwards/towards back seats. When in satnav that brought up the live audio menu for me when I was playing.

AndyMD
07-05-2016, 10:13 AM
Doesn't pushing the volume knob left and right change the track? even if sat nav is on?

Alan02
07-05-2016, 07:29 PM
Unless the A4 seats are different than A6, ive drove 6.5 hours non stop in s-line seats and been fine. And I can suffer with a bit of backache, but never when in the car.

AndyMD
07-05-2016, 09:38 PM
A chiropractor friend of mine said most mens back arch problems from driving come from hem sitting on their wallets. Do you keep yours in your back pocket?

MJC_OK
09-05-2016, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the replies, all

Not sure if the seats are the same as the A6 to be honest, but I'm glad you're not having any troubles wih yours :)

I'll try the press of the wheel tonight, hopefully that works

Never sit on a wallet, it's usually in my jacket, or in the arm rest

hmy7k
11-05-2016, 08:18 AM
You can also press to the side of the volume button on the steering wheel, much easier than the volume knob.

Alan02
11-05-2016, 02:30 PM
I take it you have tried adjusting the lumber support with control on side of seat... makes a difference.