PDA

View Full Version : New A4 owner

Molle
03-05-2016, 10:01 AM
Hello All,

I'm new to this forum and the main reason for joining is the purchase of a new A4 B9. I picked it up last Friday, and after sulking all day for having traded in my previous RS4 B8, i finally got to appreciate the new car a little.

Its a 2.0 TDI s-line quattro stronic with the tech high pack, matrix led lights and a couple of other bits. The car is matador red and i'm still not quite sure about it. It just feels like a bit too much like an OAP colour.

I like the new interior over the B8 a lot. looks very smart and the virtual dash is quite a step forward to the old system.

Sadly there are a few options that i would have like that i didn't get as it was a show room car. So if anyone on here has already done or know how to i'd very much like a DIY guide to fitting folding mirrors and the B&O sound system (amp and speakers)

Also Audi was kind enough to leave a pound coin size chip on the front pumper so now my brand new car needs a respray, not that i'm upset about that or anything :D

Anyways very nice to meet you all and look forward to spending some time here.

PS pictures to follow

xtremist
03-05-2016, 12:30 PM
Think I would of kept the RS4

Molle
03-05-2016, 12:37 PM
Sadly that was no longer an option with a recent addition to the family. But i'm almost certain it was worth getting rid of the car... ?!?!

stevel1305
04-05-2016, 09:57 PM
Picked my 2.0TDI Avant Sport stronic yesterday and now done over 500 miles!
I've got Matador Red and it's not as dark as I thought it would be but it does look quite classy, especially in the sun.

Very comfortable but an annoying lack of storage space - perhaps I should get rid of some of the junk that I've been lugging around for years.

satsu
04-05-2016, 10:07 PM
Agree with you about the storage space but it did prompt me to ask myself how much of the stuff I really needed in the car! Did you find the weird one just below and to the right of the steering wheel that's narrow but really deep? It took me a couple of weeks to spot that one and I'm still not sure what to use it for.

stevel1305
04-05-2016, 10:18 PM
Arr - I missed that one, will check it out tomorrow. Would it be suitable for the Car Buyer banana that they always seem to use in thier video tests?
Not impressed with the flimsy glove box lid either, on the old B7s they were made as strong as the door to a missile silo.
I've got the privacy/acoustic glass on my car and as well as making the the car even quieter it look great with the Matador Red paint.

Molle
06-05-2016, 11:48 AM
Yeah agreed on the storage space, but I don't like a messy car so i tend to keep to the bare minimum.

I look forward to playing with the matrix head lights, just not been possible with these long days.

Also i get some squeaks form the rear of the car. I took out the spare tyre which helped, but when i go over a speed bump it sounds suspiciously like the suspension on the rear is squeaking. Need to get Audi to look at it as its driving me mad.