PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Headlight problems.. 1 highbeam stuck on, no other lights will come on. PLEASE HELP!

Tony Canale
02-05-2016, 05:33 PM
Don't think it's related but today brought my car in to change the throttle body. While they were doing the throttle body reset my drivers side headlight (which has been going on and off as of recently, and always triggering the check lights warning even when it's on) turned its own highbeam on. All the other exterior lights except for the brake lights (when brake applied ) were out. The high beam was stuck on even when the car was off, lights on off didn't matter we could not turn it off or any other lights on so for now we disconnected it. Now all the interior lights (not overhead, just the lights that go on when you turn the side markers on such as the blue radio backround lights ) are also off. No matter what all the lights won't go on. I changed the bulbs recently and checked all the fuses which seem to be good. Any suggestions? Ps my horn is out which once gave me a problem due to a disconnected wire which somehow shorted my headlight out in he past. The wires connected good this time though

Guest 2
02-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Have you had the car scanned with VCDS to see if there are any DTCs stored?

Tony Canale
02-05-2016, 05:39 PM
Not really sure how to read scans myself but the mechanic scanned it and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. There usually pretty good with electrical stuff too. They even had a guy from next door come with another computer and he couldn't figure it out either