PDA

View Full Version : Active Info Display - where's the trip odometer?

mberg
01-05-2016, 07:28 PM
Hi, I've been puzzling over this for a while now, but can't seem to figure it out. Where the heck can I get to a zeroable trip odometer in the AID? The total distance is there, so is the distance since start. I can even find the distance since last fueling, but that's about it. The manual has some vague references that hint the trip odometer should be there - and of course there's the physical zeroing button - but I can't find the bloody reading anywhere, no matter what mode and settings I use.

Help would be much appreciated!

Cheers, mberg

fm_carv
01-05-2016, 07:30 PM
Press the "OK" button and it changes around the different meters

mberg
02-05-2016, 07:16 PM
That only rotates the three values I mentioned - no sign of a zeroable reading. Any other thoughts? The car is a GTE, I don't know if that makes a difference.

Cheers, mberg

fm_carv
02-05-2016, 07:46 PM
Only other trip odometer I know about is the one there on the bottom left just to the right of the rev counter.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160502/09a95a2a2d587083f0aba6426b0d55e7.jpg

mberg
03-05-2016, 05:31 AM
Ok, thanks, that looks like what I've been looking for. The problem is that in the GTE, there is the remaining e-range in that location instead :( I'll have to contact the dealer, I can't believe they would have dropped the trip odometer altogether.

YawnGumbo
04-05-2016, 02:18 PM
Just to advise I have the trip odometer as shown in the diagram on my AID - so maybe this is just a GTE "feature"...

mberg
04-05-2016, 02:45 PM
Yeah, apparently I can't get the trip reading to always show. But talking to the dealer, I solved the issue otherwise. Turns out that the total distance rotated in the distances view actually is the trip odometer, and can be zeroed. Having never been zeroed before, it had the same reading as the actual odometer, and I just assumed it's the same value. Should always click the buttons to see what happens and not assume anything :)

HHGTTG
16-09-2017, 09:04 AM
Hi there. I was thinking of having this ordered on my new Golf MK7.5 but I am not so sure what the benefits are APART from being able to have the satnav visible between the dials. I am not very keen on the blue colour which I assume is the only colour that is available.
Perhaps for my needs where I don't use the Satnav that much, good old physical dials would be better?

jmagee
16-09-2017, 03:58 PM
The active display is awesome. Mine lives in sport mode. I noticed even with carista I can change skins on it so I'm sure vcds could do much more.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

HHGTTG
16-09-2017, 06:08 PM
The active display is awesome. Mine lives in sport mode. I noticed even with carista I can change skins on it so I'm sure vcds could do much more.

How many standard skins are there? All YouTube videos seem to show just a blue faded looking skin which I don't personally like but isn't there a 'Classic' mode, which I think I would prefer as I don't really want information in the middle of each virtual dial. I really only want this Active Display because the Satnav can be viewed between slightly smaller dials but not as small as on the Audis.

YawnGumbo
16-09-2017, 07:28 PM
You can't change the skin as such, but you can switch to classic view without anything in the dials. Personally I have the trip info shown on the dials and mine lives in navigation mode. I absolutely love it and it would definitely be on my list of options for any future VW purchase. Glancing down at the satnav is so much easier than on the Discover Pro screen, and the other options it shows are really nicely presented. It is a shame it doesn't show the map in the same way as on the Audis, but I guess they have to make the Audis a bit more special.

jmagee
16-09-2017, 10:46 PM
On my Passat using carista I can change the colours of the display. Must say I don't really notice the blue on mine, maybe that's more obvious on the gte, but there's a nice orange skin.
Personally I like having speed in digits on the display. Not keen on the classic display but each time their own

HHGTTG
17-09-2017, 02:18 PM
You can't change the skin as such, but you can switch to classic view without anything in the dials. Personally I have the trip info shown on the dials and mine lives in navigation mode. I absolutely love it and it would definitely be on my list of options for any future VW purchase. Glancing down at the satnav is so much easier than on the Discover Pro screen, and the other options it shows are really nicely presented. It is a shame it doesn't show the map in the same way as on the Audis, but I guess they have to make the Audis a bit more special.

Well you lashed out on the Discover Pro, which while nice is, for someone like me, who does less than 6k miles/year, an expensive extra and which has also has dispensed with sensible knobs :(. I believe, however, you can show the satnav simultaneously on both the console and between the dials?

YawnGumbo
18-09-2017, 08:11 PM
Well you lashed out on the Discover Pro, which while nice is, for someone like me, who does less than 6k miles/year, an expensive extra and which has also has dispensed with sensible knobs :(. I believe, however, you can show the satnav simultaneously on both the console and between the dials?

So my Discover Pro has the same buttons as the standard unit, and was a prerequisite for the active info display. Also I do 30k a year so it was an easy option to select. Yes you can show satnav on both units, and I tend to as the AID display doesn't show you the next steps/instructions.

HHGTTG
18-09-2017, 11:23 PM
Ah, just realised this is not a New Golf thread! The latest Golf MK7.5's Discover Pro has no real knobs now only a bloody virtual up/down button for volume (a retrograde step)