PDA

View Full Version : Resonance from engine as revs drop to about 1200rpm.

Tonebatch
01-05-2016, 04:21 PM
Hi. I have a GT estate with the 148bhp Diesel engine and the DSG auto gearbox. Had it since January and have been pleasantly surprised how good the car is. However, I have noticed a distinct resonance/rattle when the revs drop back to about 1200-1000 for a few seconds before settling back to 800rpm on idle where the resonance is gone. It is most noticeable when the car and gearbox are at normal operating temperature. It really is most unpleasant and irritating. It's beginning to annoy me!! I normally drive with the hill hold activated but have tried the car with this off and it's the same. Mentioned it to Listers Volkswagon in Worcester and they sent a senior tech out with me. Guess what noise didn't occur. Reason being engine was still cold. Have heard it could be heater matrix pipes rattling? Anyone got any ideas? This issue is spoiling what otherwise is a very good car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ismart
01-05-2016, 09:10 PM
i have similar, although it happened at 2000rpm today. According to my local dealership the heater matrix noise come from passenger footwell. Mine doesn't seem to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk