PDA

View Full Version : 2015 new q7 - All wheel Steering option - worth it?

satyp
30-04-2016, 02:38 PM
Does anyone here have the 'All wheel Steering option@ installed on the new q7 and do you think it actually makes a difference in Multi Storey car parks etc?

Thanks in advance for any commnets

Papereyes
30-04-2016, 02:58 PM
Went for it myself but still waiting for car so couldn't say. I did see this review though and shows the all wheel steering 11mins in

2017 Audi Q7 3.0T Quattro FIRST DRIVE REVIEW (2 of 3) - YouTube (https://youtu.be/PEOUcLWLFt4)

There's a few users on here with it and they have been positive about it.

Main downside is that you can't have running boards with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

satyp
30-04-2016, 04:59 PM
Yeah I know, what a bum***, I just posted a question asking why Audi won't offer the running boards but 3rd party potentially can, but may void any warranty issues should the arise if you have All Wheel with running boards.

I've wanted running boards so bad, but going to leave the ALL WHEEL on .. hoping it pays off.. Guess we both have to wait and see.. when to do you get yours? and all the best with AWD.. (y)

satyp
30-04-2016, 05:04 PM
I saw that video when the guy 1st released it, he seemed impressed, but Io guess he could quite compare it without it on the same road..

Papereyes
30-04-2016, 05:07 PM
Yeah plus the roads in la are massive don't think that would ever be possible to not do a Three point turn over here regardless of aws. Still waiting for my dealer to get quota, been told Sep and potentially with the new regs when they come out. Long wait but kinda ok as benefitting from my17 with my16 prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk