PDA

View Full Version : 3 Button reboot of Q7 4M MMi

andyhud007
30-04-2016, 08:50 AM
Morning All,

Just a quick question. In the old(er) Audi's there was a 3 Button salute you could do to reboot the MMI, similiar to Ctrl-Alt-Del on a computer.

Like this:

However, in the new Q7 4M I can't see a similar process? Anyone know if one exists?

Cheers

Andy

JMB7
30-04-2016, 12:41 PM
Saw this on the US forums, no idea if it works as I'm still waiting for my replacement.

"You can reboot the MMI by holding NAV/MAP and RADIO together and then pressing the MMI knob"

andyhud007
30-04-2016, 12:56 PM
Nice that did it. Worked a treat. Cheers!!!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

maxw
30-04-2016, 11:11 PM
Any reason you had to reboot?
what problems was you having?

mine was working fine then sudden yesterday
i lost the SIM card connection nothing was showing on the screen

and real strange most the dab channels had a mute beside them and unavailable when you clicked on thease

and when you went in connect apart from my phone the SIM card Audi mmi connect and few things wasn't connected and would even find in a search

so did a factory reset on radio and connect
once done all worked ok again yet I'd not change any settings befor it did this

any one had the same?

also I have keyless entry and often when I grab the handle the door won't unlock so keep trying then have to unlock with the key fob

couple of times even the key fob not worked and only thing would open is the boot by clicking button on tail gate then the doors would unlock once I grab handle
is there some thing I'm doing wrong?

any one can help?

M

Nemo78
01-05-2016, 06:48 PM
Max I experienced a couple of these on previous car. The data sim was straight after whatever the Jan software update was. However didn't have issue with DAB that I recall?

The key fob on mine if I'm understanding your post correctly went completely dead...I had to use the old fashioned lock and key method. Typical as it happened in the pouring rain 200+ miles away from home. Dealership changed the battery on it and they did mention there was a batch of 'temperamental' batteries. Post battery change all was fine.

maxw
09-05-2016, 03:37 PM
Locking played up again twice Friday

all doors was locked apart from tailgate was up as was unloading things from the boot for around ten min

then shut the tailgate but did not lock as on mine with keyless entry has 2 buttons one for shut tailgate the other for shut and lock

once tailgate was shut when to get my coat from the back seat grab the handle nothing door was locked yet didn't lock it and had been driving it befor that tried 3 times and waited between yet nothing
had to get keys out my pocket and press the key fob to unlock

am I missing some thing? Does car lock for a reason and disable the unlocking when grabbing the door handle?

any one help on this?

Thank you

maxw
13-05-2016, 02:48 AM
Had to reboot again yesterday as lost the SIM card again tried everything only thing that worked was re set to factory settings on Audi connect

as for doors not unlocking

if I open the boot from handle on tailgate with out unlocking the doors then shut after 5 mins then grab door handle to get in the car nothing

only way car will unlock is with key fob

is there a safety thing or a reason for this?

thanks guys

M