PDA

View Full Version : New Q7 armrest

Skippy73
29-04-2016, 11:17 PM
So while I might be only 2 weeks or less away from my new Q7, I couldn't help but call into my local audi dealer yet again and sit in there showroom car.

One thing I used to like about the range rover I had was the side armrests that you could adjust the height of. It allowed you to find that perfect armchair spot where your hands were holding the wheel and you were completely relaxed.

While the Q7s armrest is built into the centre console lid and we all know it slides forward, i wondering if it was adjustable in height.

And to my delight and amazement it was. There are about 3 or 4 rachet clicks you can lift the armrest that will lock into place allowing it to support your arm more. I was impressed. Did everyone else know this already?

Also I notice the door pockets have a light in them on a sensor that turns the light on for the bin door pockets automatically as you reach in.

It's the little things that make all the difference.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nemo78
30-04-2016, 05:39 AM
Also I notice the door pockets have a light in them on a sensor that turns the light on for the bin door pockets automatically as you reach in.

I remember when I first noticed this...kept playing with it [emoji23]

All four door pockets have them too which is superb!

andyhud007
30-04-2016, 06:52 AM
So while I might be only 2 weeks or less away from my new Q7, I couldn't help but call into my local audi dealer yet again and sit in there showroom car.

One thing I used to like about the range rover I had was the side armrests that you could adjust the height of. It allowed you to find that perfect armchair spot where your hands were holding the wheel and you were completely relaxed.

While the Q7s armrest is built into the centre console lid and we all know it slides forward, i wondering if it was adjustable in height.

And to my delight and amazement it was. There are about 3 or 4 rachet clicks you can lift the armrest that will lock into place allowing it to support your arm more. I was impressed. Did everyone else know this already?

It's the little things that make all the difference.

Yes, yes and yes

Adjustable arm rest is brill, and lights in door pockets when you put your hand in is kinda cool :)

srbsq7
30-04-2016, 02:20 PM
After reading this I decided to pop in and take a look too! Hadn't been to the dealers for 3 or 4 weeks!

As well as better comfort, also handy it won't crimp the phone usb cable like my X5 one did.

I know I'm biased but I think the Q7 exterior looks so much better in the flesh - particularly the front.

Skippy73
30-04-2016, 02:41 PM
After reading this I decided to pop in and take a look too! Hadn't been to the dealers for 3 or 4 weeks!

As well as better comfort, also handy it won't crimp the phone usb cable like my X5 one did.

I know I'm biased but I think the Q7 exterior looks so much better in the flesh - particularly the front.
I'm the same as you. When I walk in the showroom and look at the front I'm instantly glad I ordered it. But when trolling through photos on the net it just doesn't always look good and I think should I of choose the XC90.

Still glad I got the Q7 though.

wolek76
02-05-2016, 04:37 PM
Hi Guys/Ladies...?
I have a new Q7 and for the love of God I cannot move my armrest up...
It does slide forward (two halves)... and it does lift up (to access the usb/aux/iq pad). But not even the manual mention it lifting up !?!
Am I missing something or is that an option that I have missed ?
Perhaps someone would be kind enough to post some pics with lowered & raised armrest?
Thank you in advance :)

Skippy73
02-05-2016, 04:41 PM
Yeah the manual does mention it read it today. You need to lift very gently and slowly and you will feel/hear the clicking. It's only about 3/4 clicks. It's not far. If you go to far it's like opening the lid and will go all the way back down.

Skippy73
02-05-2016, 04:48 PM
Hi Guys/Ladies...?
I have a new Q7 and for the love of God I cannot move my armrest up...
It does slide forward (two halves)... and it does lift up (to access the usb/aux/iq pad). But not even the manual mention it lifting up !?!
Am I missing something or is that an option that I have missed ?
Perhaps someone would be kind enough to post some pics with lowered & raised armrest?
Thank you in advance :)

This shows the armrest adjustment

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160502/6b6204c88cb196ad082f7073c8c8e440.jpg

andyhud007
02-05-2016, 05:31 PM
It doesnt lift. The 2 sides just slide forward and back but the whole unit just 'tips' up. You hear the clicks as you do it so you can lock it into a height to rest your arm on.

wolek76
02-05-2016, 05:42 PM
Alright alright !!!!
Obviously everyone is enjoying the bank holiday weather ;)
Thanks guys. Went out and checked.
It works.
What threw me off was the lack of audible clicks... or I am deaf...
But now found it and it's rather nice. Although not too certain anymore about keeping my paperwork there anymore as it's bound to fly out in sudden deceleration.
But it might help to keep the phone cooler. It does get too hot to handle after 2 hours...
Thanks again everyone :)

srbsq7
02-05-2016, 05:46 PM
It took me a few attempts in the showroom to get it to work!

P13TR0
29-09-2016, 01:03 PM
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I cannot figure this out. I would love to raise the height of the armrest, but I don't get any ratcheting at all. It just opens and closes smoothly.

does anyone have any ideas?

anemeth
29-09-2016, 01:40 PM
Do you have the split armrest? The single one cannot be raised.

srbsq7
29-09-2016, 01:43 PM
On mine, I can't hear the clicks but you do just about feel it. I have to lower the armrest to the bottom and then very slowly, ease it upwards.

Nemo78
29-09-2016, 01:58 PM

There's different armrests?

On mine, split version (i.e. Extendable armrest for passenger and driver) I can do this but don't hear anything like in previous car

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

P13TR0
29-09-2016, 01:59 PM

If you mean that the two sides can slide forwards independently, then yes.... Not 100% sure what the split armrest is?

EDIT:

Have just worked out how to use it - slowly open an inch or two and it will stay at that height. Because there was no sound or ratcheting feel, I was opening too far and not catching the mechanism when putting pressure back down.

andyhud007
02-10-2016, 09:33 PM
Mine isn't a split armrest? As in you can't have the drivers slide slid forward and the passenger not. It's all.or nothing.

Edit: Yes my armrest is a split armrest. I was being stupid.

Nemo78
08-10-2016, 11:11 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161008/98b6325e96ce9bd405986e5b085d700d.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161008/3a138c47c3ffa78c467f371edfd354af.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161008/c70637d9d6c336b1c4f1613917168620.jpg