PDA

View Full Version : Drivers setting for each key - memory seats and keyless entry

El-Cap
28-04-2016, 10:05 PM
Our Passat has keyless entry and memory seats etc. The key memorises the driver settings but there is also a Driver 1 and Driver 2 setting. At first my missus and myself were cancelling each others settings before we realised that the settings had to be set to Automatic key recognition.

Question is does each key have a Driver 1 and Driver 2 setting?

mberg
29-04-2016, 11:24 AM
I don't think the key has any knowledge of profiles in itself, but the profiles are in car's memory. In the car settings' profiles menu you can bind a profile to a key. After that opening the doors with a key will activate the profile bound to that key. Switching profile requires locking with any key & opening with the wanted one.

If you're operating with a single key only, you can bind the more common profile, but need to take the less used profile into use manually. That's one press down + Ok, so not a big deal either, of course.

El-Cap
29-04-2016, 01:27 PM
Thanks. Think the problem was not binding the key to a Driver. Will see how we get on when driving the later now the missus has binded her key and re-setup the car - again!