PDA

View Full Version : Audi MMI - AV output? (4M Q7)

sm02fly
28-04-2016, 08:59 PM
Hi All,

When in the demonstrator Q7 I didn't get much chance to play with the Media functions on the MMI, nor did I look in the glovebox to check the multimedia inputs. I'm guessing it is possible to play CD's, DVD's and media from SD cards from the unit in the glovebox that I have seen from some googling. I'm also assuming you can play videos while driving.

Does anyone know if there is a AV out connection on the MMI unit? I would like to be able to connect a pair of slave screens to for the rear seats. I see this is available with the Digital TV option, but at £1,100 this was not value for money to me.

Failing that, any suggestions on reasonably priced Rear Seat Entertainment options? The Audi tablets were out of budget (£1,180,) and not getting good reviews on the US forums. While the £120 Nextbase DVD/USB/SD card dual screens I have in the current car do the job, there are a lot of wires hanging around...

Also, can someone confirm what power options are available to the middle row? Any 12V sockets or USB?

Thanks!

Nemo78
28-04-2016, 09:21 PM
Failing that, any suggestions on reasonably priced Rear Seat Entertainment options? The Audi tablets were out of budget (£1,180,) and not getting good reviews on the US forums. While the £120 Nextbase DVD/USB/SD card dual screens I have in the current car do the job, there are a lot of wires hanging around...

Also, can someone confirm what power options are available to the middle row? Any 12V sockets or USB?

Thanks!

Pass on the AV connection but CD drive is also a DVD drive I'm sure (it was my older Audi so sure it is now.

If so - yes you can play DVDs but from memory and picture vanishes once above 8mph (similar to cameras) but again a guess but you should be able to activate Video in motion with the good old vag com kit!

Re power in the rear assuming it's the same in all Q7 the second row have access to two 12v sockets.

I think but not 100%% sure there maybe also a 12v in the boot for the third row of seats.

Sure someone else can confirm (didn't Andy use this one for hid dashcam?)

andyhud007
29-04-2016, 08:55 AM
Pass on the AV connection but CD drive is also a DVD drive I'm sure (it was my older Audi so sure it is now.

If so - yes you can play DVDs but from memory and picture vanishes once above 8mph (similar to cameras) but again a guess but you should be able to activate Video in motion with the good old vag com kit!

Re power in the rear assuming it's the same in all Q7 the second row have access to two 12v sockets.

I think but not 100%% sure there maybe also a 12v in the boot for the third row of seats.

Sure someone else can confirm (didn't Andy use this one for hid dashcam?)

VIM has to be enabled via coding and right now given the new MIB2 platform on the new Q7 its a bit unknown. The old way of doing it on the old Audi's was easy but the same process doesnt apply to the new Q7. Its protected area of the computer system with a security code. I'm working with some guys to figure it out

Yep, there is a 12V socket in the boot (behind the 3rd row) on the left hand side.

Voila.

Nemo is bang on with everything else

Andy

sm02fly
29-04-2016, 02:34 PM
Thanks all. So power won't be a problem, just need to see about the AV outputs/VIM...