PDA

View Full Version : Question Chorus to concert DAB

Caddy45
26-04-2016, 06:14 PM
So I have the basic chorus head unit in my B8. Is it simple enough to swap out to a concert to give me dab and for me to add a Bluetooth module or adaptor for calls and streaming. I'm desperate to get decent tunes in the car. There's a couple on eBay so I'm ready to take the plunge. I know I will probably have to get it coaded at Audi but do I need anything else? Also is it worth getting the upgraded colour screen?

While I'm here!...
How easy is it to upgrade the steering wheel? I currently have one with zero controls.

Thanks in advance.

amafzal
27-04-2016, 01:51 PM
If I am not wrong with the Concert or even Symphony, the bluetooth module and DAB module were/are not built in so they have to be separate modules, then with bluetooth, I dont think it supports streaming but does support phone prep. Atleast this was the case in the Symphony unit which had bluetooth prep so I could use my phone for calls but not streaming. I started looking at options to include bluetooth streaming/mirroring for sat nav and I ended up upgrading the whole system to the face lift 3g+ MMI system :biglaugh: !!!

Although for what you are looking to do I think might just be easier to put in an xcarlink or a dension module.

As for getting controls on steering, You will need to install a new gateway that communicates with the steering wheel controls and the head unit etc and the obviously you would need a new steering wheel which from what I have heard isn't such a tough job.