PDA

View Full Version : Lost central lock on 96 Golf

Mashti
14-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Hello everyone...
I had to replace the battery on my 96 Golf a couple of days ago...I drove it around with another battery that was not an original VW battery for like half an hour to go get the new battery...Replaced the battery and noticed that the clock and the dome light and the central locking system were not working...Located the fuse for the clock/dome light and replaced it, they work now..Now I don't have central lock system ie I can not open the other doors from the driver's side anymore (before two turns of the key would open/close all doors) this also has resulted in not being able to get to the gas lid anymore because the gas lid was connected to the driver's doors lock hence almost zero gas in the tank...Checked the fuse box under the dash for a fuse for central locking system but could not find anything there on the list...Please does anyone know if there is blown fuse causing this and if yes then where is this fuse...Thanks...PS I can not drive the car now because there is no gas and I have no way of putting gas in the tank unless I want to break the lid...Please help..

gingerwizard
15-10-2007, 08:25 PM
hi
if my memory serves me right you can pull back the trim in the boot and you should be able to get to the petrol flap actuator and operate it by hand

Mashti
16-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Hi gingerwizard..thanks for your help...Now I have gas in the car finally..thanks again

IDUAWV
24-10-2007, 07:23 PM
I would try to open the drivers side door and pull back the rubber boot that the wires go through and check for a broken or bare wire, this fixed my 1998 with the same problem