PDA

View Full Version : SE no lower front fog light?

Papereyes
21-04-2016, 01:46 PM
So was really checking out the SE vs SLine trims (chosen SE trim) and to be honest was ok with the main differences, but wanted to double check the SE doesn't come with a low front fog light. Guess I'm comparing with my existing BMW and know both brands allow a lot of flexibility in options, but was surprised that it doesn't have the lower front fog lighting the bumper (appreciate won't use its lot but was still surprised)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t1sh
21-04-2016, 01:56 PM
As far as I know fog lights are integrated into the main lights. Those on the bumper are actually radar sensors for...pre sense plus I think!

Eshrules
21-04-2016, 02:02 PM
I'm not sure I'd worry about it too much.

The few times I've run into fog serious enough to warrant the use of them, they've not really helped and that seems to be the general consensus.

The cynical part of me thinks car manufacturers are starting to re-implement them in the headlight as a combined unit to 1) free up room for fancy pants sensors such as radar for your cruise control and 2) reduce the still-persistent trend of using forward facing fog lamps in all weathers because they 'look cool'

Nemo78
21-04-2016, 03:05 PM
We have integrated 'All Weather Lights' in the main headlight bulk for the Q7.

There's a switch in the traditional right side of steering wheel in the car alongside other buttons to switch on...however I'm sure they are just the cornering lights that get switched on