PDA

View Full Version : Lost my profile

warp_speed
20-04-2016, 11:19 PM
Hi,

I tried to login to the forum and it reported that my password was wrong, so I reset it and it reported that the e-mail address was unknown, or something along those lines. Anyway I had to re-register with the site and found out that my name (warp_speed) was available to use, but it reported that my original e-mail address had been blocked by an administrator. So I've used my alternative to re-register. Can someone please check and see what happened to my profile as I've lost my 300+ post count.

Many thanks,

Warp_speed.

Guest 2
21-04-2016, 07:36 AM
I've brought this post to the attention of the Admin so should reply shortly.

warp_speed
22-04-2016, 12:28 AM
Hi I got a reply from Stuart however my post count doesn't allow me to send private messages as a reply.

It would appear my account has been deleted because I marked an e-mail I received from the forum as spam.... firstly I never done such a thing and I can't understand that even if someone marks a single e-mail as spam would warrant their account from being erased. I know you can state the rules but what if someone marked it as spam by mistake should you not perhaps have a three strikes and your out kind of thing? I've been a member of this forum for a number of years and I've now lost my post count, can this be fixed and put back to what it was before?

Regards,

Warp_speed

Eshrules
22-04-2016, 07:40 AM
Hi I got a reply from Stuart however my post count doesn't allow me to send private messages as a reply.

It would appear my account has been deleted because I marked an e-mail I received from the forum as spam.... firstly I never done such a thing and I can't understand that even if someone marks a single e-mail as spam would warrant their account from being erased. I know you can state the rules but what if someone marked it as spam by mistake should you not perhaps have a three strikes and your out kind of thing? I've been a member of this forum for a number of years and I've now lost my post count, can this be fixed and put back to what it was before?

Regards,

Warp_speed

It might be better to email Stuart with a suitable subject, instead of trying to PM him or waiting for a reply on this thread:

stuart@vwaudiforum.co.uk

He's the only person who has access to user profiles/is familiar with the blocking process so should be able to assist.

stuart
22-04-2016, 11:13 AM

Regards,

Warp_speed

Strange ... I have already read you reply to my PM, so you can reply to PM but only to the "Admin" of the site.

On Wednesday 13th April at 18.48 I received a COMPLAINT REPORT from Hotmail stating that a Hotmail user had REPORTED an email from the site server IP address...

Email started...

complaint about message from 207.58.XX.XX

The message was also attached...

The original messages was sent to the Hotmail address you mentioned in you PM, i.e YOUR email address..

It was a message to notify you of a reply to a post you had made...

It started....

Dear warp_speed,

amafzal has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Please Help DAB retrofit a4 b8 avant MMI 3g - in the Audi A4 - B8 Forum - 2008 - 2015 forum of VW Audi Forum - The #1 VW Group Community.

This message was marked by the Hotmail email account holder, i.e YOUR Hotmail email address as Junk/Spam

As soon as this is done I get an email...

Policy is delete the account... The site does not send spam or allow spam... or like being accused of Spam..

It is not a case of "3 strikes" Hotmail do not tell me how close we are to being blocked, and if they do it takes months to sort out and in the meantime blocks us from sending emails to every single Hotmail related account, incluing Hotmail, Outlook, MSN, Live and any other Microsoft own...

Pity they do not have the same policy to stop spammers using there service to send spam to people... Since blocking Hotmail and other Free accounts we have stopped almost all spam from the site,,

I can forward the complaint from Hotmail if you do not believe me!

Either you or someone with access to your Hotmail account reported the email and in turn the site.

warp_speed
26-04-2016, 07:52 AM
I realise what happened, I used a utility to sort out my e-mails and it must have marked this one as spam. So that's it I've lost my post count?

Sam
26-04-2016, 08:51 AM
I realise what happened, I used a utility to sort out my e-mails and it must have marked this one as spam. So that's it I've lost my post count?

I believe your post count can be artificially inflated to get it back to what it was, but why does it matter? Your post count means nothing. You still have all your knowledge.

warp_speed
26-04-2016, 09:49 AM
Yeah but you need a certain number of posts to send messages or post anything in the for sale section of the forum.

stuart
26-04-2016, 07:31 PM
Manually adjusted your post count by 300

warp_speed
03-05-2016, 08:45 AM
Many thanks Stuart