PDA

View Full Version : Standard MMI functionality - a plea from a thickie

Luggage
18-04-2016, 08:42 PM
Hello everyone, I wonder whether I can get some clarity around the functionality of the MMI system on a Sport model without the Technology pack please, from a kindly patient soul.

Like another member on here I am pretty restricted on what I am allowed to add to a company car scheme, but I am extremely grateful that the A4 218 Sport is available to me - so onto the area of confusion. Please feel free to correct me as that is what I am after.

As standard the MMI provides:

Dab radio
carplay via usb socket
sat nav with TMC

So far is this right?

Does the standard MMI also come with the the Google bits, driven from a user supplied Bluetooth connection?
if Google bits are there is it further available via a built in sim/data phone? Is traffic information enhanced by any data use?

Lastly does the standard DIS display get involved in the Sat nav directions, or is that restricted to the technology pack?

Sorry for the long question, but being a fleet customer means the dealers are understandably not that interested in queries, and the central supplied demonstrator I am due to get over the bank holiday is slightly blinged out with copious optional extras.

If I have missed a thread covering this please don't hesitate to flame the bottom out of me and introduce me to the sackcloth and the thread concerned!

Luggs

xtremist
19-04-2016, 09:16 AM
Hello everyone, I wonder whether I can get some clarity around the functionality of the MMI system on a Sport model without the Technology pack please, from a kindly patient soul.

Like another member on here I am pretty restricted on what I am allowed to add to a company car scheme, but I am extremely grateful that the A4 218 Sport is available to me - so onto the area of confusion. Please feel free to correct me as that is what I am after.
My car scheme was similarly restricted, so I'll try and answer your Q's

As standard the MMI provides:

Dab radio
carplay via usb socket
sat nav with TMC

So far is this right?
Yes

Does the standard MMI also come with the the Google bits, driven from a user supplied Bluetooth connection?
if Google bits are there is it further available via a built in sim/data phone? Is traffic information enhanced by any data use?

Yes. Google maps is standard, however, you will need to have a data connection (tethered smart phone or SIM card in the car)

Lastly does the standard DIS display get involved in the Sat nav directions, or is that restricted to the technology pack?
Yes, it's on the standard DIS (although I never use that screen

Luggage
20-04-2016, 06:30 PM
You are an absolute star! The base functionality is really quite impressive. Have you any observations, likes/dislikes which stand out to you?

Apologies for the delay in thanking you, I was on a course in Manchester and was away from a desktop.

Luggs

xtremist
20-04-2016, 08:57 PM
Have a read of through this thread My review of the 2.0 TDI 150 PS Ultra Sport (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/174489-My-review-of-the-2-0-TDI-150-PS-Ultra-Sport)

I think I've now worked out the phone connectivity / tethering.

Still happy with the car and driven nearly 5k miles.