PDA

View Full Version : 3 days in - First visit from Audi Roadside Assist!

AndyMD
18-04-2016, 12:51 PM
Woke up this morning to go to work after having the car for 3 days and the windscreen wipers wouldn't work. Tried every position, nothing! Water jets worked OK, but not a thing from the wipers. Read the manual to check I wasn't being a bit of a thickie and called the Audi dealer who put me in touch with Audi Assist.

Very nice man was with me within 90 mins, with texts and phones to assure me.

At first he was stumped too. Couldn't work it out. Fuse OK etc, then he unplugged the motor from the wiring and plugged it back in and it worked!! Ran diagnostics, but nothing came back. On the paperwork he's left he thinks it may be a thermal problem as it was cold last night and as the wipers are now working left it at that!

I'm a little concerned that every time the car now gets hot or cold something will stop working. Anyone else had similar teething problems?

xtremist
18-04-2016, 02:21 PM
Interesting, however, I haven't experienced that issue yet in the 6-7 weeks of ownership.

KevTrem
19-04-2016, 06:54 AM
Something I noticed on my 2012 a6 avant is that when the bonnet is released or not closed properly the wipers wont sweep the screen but washer jets work.