PDA

View Full Version : Audi MMI App Integration for Napster and Aupeo!

andyhud007
18-04-2016, 09:48 AM
Hey All, just thought I'd share this if anyone is using the Audi MMI App for "Napster" and "Aupeo!" integration

For this to work, you need the app installed on your phone and your relevant Napster or Aupeo! app on your device also. Login on those apps specifically, and then within the Audi MMI App, log into those apps.

For this to work you need a Wifi connection from your smartphone to your Car Wifi Hot Spot as well as a Data Connection to the internet. Normally this would be via your phone.

The problem is the Audi MMI App needs to be "running" on your phone for the integration to work, otherwise once your phone is connected via Bluetooth and Wifi to your car, if you try to launch Napster (for example) on the MMI it says "please launch the MMI App on your phone". If your driving this isnt necessarily easy.

I configured my phone to have the Audi MMI app running all the time but it absolutely killed my battery life on my phone so was not a viable option, but now I have a solution and wanted to share. For reference I have a Samsung S6 Edge+ running Android 6.0.1

I am using an app (£2.99) called MacroDroid. I don't work for this company by the way, just found it on the app store and it worked well. What it does is automate a series of tasks on your phone when certain events occur. For me this is:

1. Trigger - Bluetooth connection from phone to my Audi Q7 BT.
2. Action - Enable Wifi on my Phone and connect specifically to my Audi Q7 Wifi hotspot.
3. Update my GPS location my phone (for parking locator in the Audi MMI App)
4. Finally, launch the Audi MMI app into the foreground. (If its already running, kill it, and relaunch it.)

So what this is now doing is as soon as I get in the car and drop my phone on the wireless charging plate under the arm rest, turn car on and the Bluetooth auto connects it kicks off that series of actions automatically and the integration now works without my having to launch the app manually while hurtling down the motorway on my own.

Here is a screenshot of the "Macro" I've got setup on the MacroDroid app.

In addition, I have another macro running that as soon as the Bluetooth connection drops from my phone to the car, then:

1. Update GPS Location once more on phone (again, for parking)
2. Wait 20 seconds (so Audi MMI App picks up current location)
2. Kill Audi MMI App
3. Disable Wifi and ensure my normal Data Connection is active on my phone

Just thought I'd share as I dont use spotify and like the music streaming built into the MMI, it works well but was frustrated that the Audi MMI App has to be in a running state all the time.

Cheers

Andy

Janpearl
14-12-2016, 08:18 PM
Hi, I'm new here and thought this post was really useful.

I took delivery of a new A4 Allroad last week with data connect and technology pack, the whole MMI system seems over-complicated and not well-explained, but I finally got it to connect via wifi yesterday. However, although the napster application opens on the screen I can't load any music and there's a small box at the bottom saying 'no content'. I'v been a napster user for years so I contacted their live chat and was told there have been problems with it for weeks, wasn't clear whether they meant their end or Audi, but can't find anything on the forums about it. So I'm wondering whether yours is still working well ?

thanks

Mike

andyhud007
12-01-2017, 02:15 PM
I've just found out Aupeo ceased trading at end of November 2016. Well that makes that mmi feature completely useless then. How do people without audi smartphone interface stream radio stations over the Internet??

srbsq7
12-01-2017, 09:40 PM
I heard about that but never used it. I've always used TuneIn for radio on my iPhone and it also works with CarPlay.

If I look in the MMI Connect app, I still have internet radio and it still works? Not sure of the provider? Do you have this:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/3f5f074736fcfbe2b2781d65dd2e61e4.png

andyhud007
14-01-2017, 07:24 PM
Hey mate. Yeah I do and it works fine. Says radio net or something in the bottom right hand corner of the mmi screen when using it.

I bought a second hand Ipod touch 6th gen to keep in the car with latest ios. In my experience the mmi connect app connects to the car much quicker than the Android version. I use Napster mainly so when I add stuff on my computer or phone it updates on the ipod in the car once its connected to the Internet over the car WiFi hotshot.

I liked Aupeo but there you go. I can't use tune in as I don't have audi smartphone interface but Internet radio and Napster still work well and better now I have this ipod touch in the car.

Cheers!