PDA

View Full Version : Window and lights

lifemoveon
18-04-2016, 12:13 AM
Hey guys...

It's been a while since I last came onto this forum. Hope everyone here are great!

I've got more problems on my Q7.

The power window on my driver's door stopped working. When I pressed the button, I only hear a scratching noise, but the window doesn't move.

Anyone know what has gone wrong? Does anyone know how to get this fixed? An estimation of how much this will cost?

Another question I have is that I'm planning to travel into Europe next week.

I'm thinking do I have to put headlight stickers onto my car or can I adjust the beam of the car? My car is the 2007 model with Bi-xenon (HID) headlight.

Cheers.

Q7newbie
19-04-2016, 05:27 PM
Sounds like your winding arm is broken or the belt has come out if place. If it's repairable and it's just the bits having come apart, the only you're looking to pay primarily for the labour of taking the door panel apart. If there are parts needed, then the cost will depend on whether you buy then new, or from a Breaker.
Also, if your have some proficiency in DIY, there is always the option of doing it yourself. If nothing else you can get find an instructional on YouTube, strip the panel and see what the problem REALLY is. You'll save on costs that way. Stripping the door should be too complex or laborious.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Rob69
19-04-2016, 07:20 PM
Scratching noise is the broken cable strands flapping about, window regulator kit 45 quid at euro car parts, or get a full panel and regulator if you don't want to remove the old regulator from the inner door skin. just over 100 quid from TPS for a passat last time I did one, as a guide price.
Look on you tube for how to vids