PDA

View Full Version : Overheating

mbreeding05
14-10-2007, 02:59 PM
Hello..
I have a 99 beetle that is acting goofey.

2 days ago the temp light went on. We replaced the thermostat, thinking that i was the issue. Now we are having problems getting the coolant level right. In addition, I have no heat. The temp light still comes on. We don't think it's the head gasket, because we are not getting smoke out of the tail pipe. Our possible next step is the water pump. Any suggestions on what I should do next??:zx11:

tdi miki
15-10-2007, 08:07 AM
Hi..
what engine does your car have? Have you scaned the car for codes?

mbreeding05
15-10-2007, 10:19 PM
well...it is finally figured out. We gave up and just ttok it to the mechanic. It was a sensor that was screwing up my whole heating/cooling system.

akashb27
15-09-2008, 02:27 PM
well...it is finally figured out. We gave up and just ttok it to the mechanic. It was a sensor that was screwing up my whole heating/cooling system.

my car is doing them same , what sensor was faulty on your car?

mbreeding05
15-09-2008, 11:56 PM
It was a sensor...I can' remember which one it was...but that wasn't the underlying problem...we came to find out that it was really the water pump. Even the mechanic could figure it out until he took it apart and found that the impellers were almost melted off. So, therefore the W.P. showed no signes that it was broken until he took it apart. It was a headache and ended up cosing us around 900 dollars. The mechanic spent almost a full week eliminating the possibilities, and eventually found out what it was.. what a headache!!