PDA

View Full Version : Egr problems fixed without removing by using wynns Egr3 air intake spray.

turboextreme
14-04-2016, 10:14 AM
Owned my Tiguan for just over a week when I noticed the orange engine check light was on. When I got home I plugged in my diagnostic code reader to find a code P0401 and p0401p code stored cleared the code light off. Yesterday it came back on with the same codes. With a warm engine I removed the air intake pipe after the air flow meter and sprayed some egr cleaner spray in 1 second burst with the engine running this seamed to have done the trick my ego valve is now working as it must have been clogged. When I had finished the job and went out for a test drive I was flabbergasted by the difference in power the car seamed a hell of a lot quicker then before also no fault codes I also noticed the live egr values were in range.

turboextreme
23-04-2016, 01:55 PM
Just got a fault code p0403 this morning egr flow circuit malfunction , looks like ill need a egr valve. Will vw replace this as car is not 3 yrs old until 15th June

Guest 2
23-04-2016, 02:00 PM
depending on the miles, then yes. but while the car is still in warranty don't be doing any futtering yourself as any "self diagnosis" could affect a warranty claim if your remedy has been found to make the problem worse.

in the future if any light comes on, ring VW within 3yrs/60k and let them deal with it.

turboextreme
29-04-2016, 09:42 PM
Book the tiguan in for warranty claim to which they will be doing at the end of may? Dealer all booked up they are also taking a look at the fuel flap solenoid as the cover isn't locking when the cars locked they told me its a common issue but will fit a modified solenoid to cure this.