PDA

View Full Version : R-Line front chrome bonnet and headlight chrome

MattB247
12-04-2016, 09:37 AM
Just found out that you only get the front end bonnet and headlight chrome trim detail - the chrome that runs across the top of the grill to over the headlights - if you get the LED headlights. Really annoyed about this as it doesn't state this in the brochure, which doesn't show any non-LED equipped cars so you can't even make the assumption yourself. Just spoken to VW who are looking into this, but it's really annoyed me as that finishes the front of the car off really well. I don't think there's any way of adding this either unless you get the LED option.

fm_carv
12-04-2016, 09:38 AM
Get the LED option the car doesn't look half as good without the LEDs

scottjc
12-04-2016, 09:54 AM
Not sure which bit of trim you're on about. This is my R Line without LED's:
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160412/56f83c7e91ebf9b8e065af3ca384a60a.jpg

fm_carv
12-04-2016, 10:04 AM
He refers to that trim just above the headlight that runs across the whole front of the car, in cars with LED that trim is chrome and not black

fm_carv
12-04-2016, 10:06 AM
See here http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160412/2c695d2fdda3a7bfcd20dfd1d4ef45aa.jpg

scottjc
12-04-2016, 10:06 AM
He refers to that trim just above the headlight that runs across the whole front of the car, in cars with LED that trim is chrome and not black

Ah, ok. Thanks.

MattB247
12-04-2016, 11:04 AM
That's exactly it - thanks for the pic of the halogen car, it doesn't look as good as the chrome in my opinion but it doesn't look as bad either but that's probably because you have a dark coloured car whereas I've ordered Tungsten Silver and the black will stick out like a sore thumb especially as the rest of the car is finished with chrome detail. I'm a little p***ed off with it as there's no mention of this in the brochure, and even VW Corporate don't know - they just say it has the R Line styling kit so it might. Seems like they're short changing non-LED drivers.

scottjc
12-04-2016, 12:21 PM
With mine being a dark colour I don't think it's as noticeable. There's plenty of chrome on the from of an R Line anyway 😏

MattB247
04-06-2016, 06:42 AM
After long discussions with VW they admit their brochures and catalog info is incorrect and apologised with a few hundred £ gift card to me. It took them a week to even verify I was right as even VW technical didn't know but they admit their brochure and price list should mention the inclusion of the chrome strip under the LED lights options.

scottjc
04-06-2016, 09:41 PM
After long discussions with VW they admit their brochures and catalog info is incorrect and apologised with a few hundred £ gift card to me. It took them a week to even verify I was right as even VW technical didn't know but they admit their brochure and price list should mention the inclusion of the chrome strip under the LED lights options.

Well done.

MattB247
06-06-2016, 07:47 AM
Thanks, it was farcical - VW Technical literally had to call loads of dealerships looking for non-LED cars and send people out to photograph them before confirm it with HQ who didn't know either.

The reason I really pushed it was after about a month of speaking to a senior customer service rep, who I won't name, he confirmed there was nothing they could do - they couldn't even retro fit LED lights (which are a different shape to halogens, allowing the chrome lip to be fitted) as the car had been built - he said to me "I understand your complaint - it doesn't look anywhere near as nice without that chrome strip does it?"