PDA

View Full Version : Eos TDI availability

AndrewM
10-08-2006, 04:25 PM
The dealers are telling me that the tdi Eos have a 3 month waiting list.
Is this true on what they are saying ? has anyone seen one anywhere ?

mandh22222
10-08-2006, 06:18 PM
My Eos TDI will be ready to collect from dealer on Tues !5 August. The delay on Eos deliveries may well be across the board on all specs ?

Trikster
11-08-2006, 08:53 AM
yeah, you'll probably find it's 3 months for any EOS, I mean it was 2 months for my Golf when I ordered that as it was a factory build.

mandh22222
28-08-2006, 09:28 AM
Just driven from Northern Aberdeenshire to York and back in our new silver Eos Tdi, lots of admiring glances but didnt see one other on the road in almost 1000 miles ! Fabulous car.

Sparkster
29-08-2006, 12:11 PM
Seems very expensive to me considering the A4 Cabriolet comes in at roughly the same price....:confused:

SWORDFISH
29-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Seems very expensive to me considering the A4 Cabriolet comes in at roughly the same price....:confused:

No it doesnt.
I have an up-specced vw eos and it still cost less than a basic (and I mean basic) A4. Try pricing like for like.

pjgraham86
29-08-2006, 05:47 PM
I got my first Eos TDI Sport at end of July after ordering at end of May. Got a full refund due to car not being as specified (and it had a leak at nearside rear window).

Am just about to order a new one (but a DSG this time) - dealer says orders taken in first week of Sept (no DSG's can be ordered till then will mean car will arrive sometime in Jan 07.

I reckon I've got a good deal - £1100 off the price plus the bespoke 2 piece Eos luggage pack thrown in.

PJG

SWORDFISH
30-08-2006, 08:10 AM

Didn't have time yesterday, but used the websites to compare prices. Unfortunately the tdi engines are different in power so I've used the pricing on the TFSI engine. The Audi works out over £5000 more for the spec I have on my car. This is without an upgrade on the wheels which I also have.
I have had soft-tops for the last 14 years (I still have another two seater softtop), and you cannot compare the two. When an Audi A4 hardtop convertable comes out (which I'm sure it will in time, as BMW are bringing the 3 series out with one), do you think it won't be any more expensive than the soft??
Incidentally, I have great regard for the A4, I initially wanted one. It's just it wasn't roughly the same price. If it was, there MAY HAVE BEEN one parked on my drive now. I'm glad I went for the EOS tho', the hardtop is a marvel.:approve:

Trikster
30-08-2006, 09:13 AM
When an Audi A4 hardtop convertable comes out (which I'm sure it will in time, as BMW are bringing the 3 series out with one), do you think it won't be any more expensive than the soft??

There was a company demostrating a folding hardtop conversion on the current A4 at the Geneva motorshow - looked pretty good. Interestingly Mercedes were quoted at one time saying they wouldn't go for a folding hardtop on their 4 seaters as their customers wanted people to know they had a convertible when the roof was up!!! Be interested to see if they keep to that philosophy.

Neatest one I've see so far though is the MX5 - now that's a neat conversion!

Ooops- have we just hi-jacked this thread or what!!!

Sparkster
30-08-2006, 09:27 AM
You'll find that if you look at leasing your car, then due to the Audi cab's high RV, it comes out roughly the same price as the Eos....And you can get a better deal from Audi discount wise, as VW think that they can charge full price on the new car.

I know that you can lease a A4 Cabriolet 1.8t s-line for around the same price of a Eos 2.0tfsi sport. In my opinion, there is no comparison at all.

Trikster
30-08-2006, 10:08 AM
I can fully understand what you're saying about the A4, but make sure you drive one first.

Over the past few years there's nearly always been an Audi in the mix when I've been choosing a car - I love the looks, build quality etc. but I've always ended up buying something else - there's just something about the way they drive that I personally haven't liked.

For example the A3 and Golf should be as close as close should be, but the way the A3's suspension is damped I found really harsh compared with the Golf. And the S-Line setup on the A4 has a similar effect - it's not 'sporty firm' as I'm used to that with my other cars - it's harsh and uncomfortable. But that may suit you - as they say 'horses for courses' and if we all liked the same thing there'd only be one car - wouldn't life be boring then?!

SWORDFISH
30-08-2006, 07:43 PM
You'll find that if you look at leasing your car, then due to the Audi cab's high RV, it comes out roughly the same price as the Eos....And you can get a better deal from Audi discount wise, as VW think that they can charge full price on the new car.

I know that you can lease a A4 Cabriolet 1.8t s-line for around the same price of a Eos 2.0tfsi sport. In my opinion, there is no comparison at all.

Drive the 1.8 audi and the TFSI sport. I have. And I agree there is no comparison. The 1.8 feels sluggish and definately slower. I know we aren't gonna win you over, so good luck with the softtop. Incidentally, the VW dealers can charge full price for the car. It is because they are only shipping in 2000 units within the year, therefore giving it some form of exclusivity. My local dealer is sold out for the rest of the year, so why should they discount?? It keeps resale values up as well, take a look at the gti golf or R32 as examples.
The point is-a 1.8t audi A4 looks like you couldn't afford a decent one:biglaugh:

Sparkster
31-08-2006, 09:12 AM
Who cares about how fast it goes.....I don't tend to race mine....don't know about you,....

If you put the two cars side by side de-badged, then I think that the Audi has a better look than the VW. That's with the top up or down. The EOS looks like a Megane hard-top. :D

SWORDFISH
31-08-2006, 06:44 PM
Who cares about how fast it goes.....I don't tend to race mine....don't know about you,....

If you put the two cars side by side de-badged, then I think that the Audi has a better look than the VW. That's with the top up or down. The EOS looks like a Megane hard-top. :D

Now you're just showing your stupidity

pjgraham86
01-09-2006, 08:42 AM
I'm not so sure that dealers aren't able to discount the Eos - see my post a couple of days ago regarding the (second) eos which I've just ordered - £1100 off a TDI Sport DSG with no real difficulty.

PJG

Sparkster
01-09-2006, 09:05 AM
Now you're just showing your stupidity

:o
Eh?....No I'm just voicing my opinion. You think I'm stupid because I think the EOS looks like the Megane..??

Listen mate.....I sell lots of different makes and model of cars, and I'm telling you that the majority of people looking for a mid range cabriolet would rather opt for an Audi than the Megane lookalike,......Not my opinion....Market trends pal!

And as regards discount, my VW dealers are offering me 10% discount, cos nobody's buying it....Most dealers aren't even getting a sniff, especially with the discount levels that other cab manufacturers are offering....and that's why there ain't any about sitting in dealer stock...nobody dealer will commit to any substantial amounts.

A little bit of short sightedness me thinks....Just because you like it, doesn't mean everybody likes it....Get real!

pjgraham86
01-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Very interesting comment, Sparkster - the market is the only measure of these things as you say - don't know if you are a broker or whatever but you've given me pause for thought on my Eos order (which incidentally hasn't been signed up just yet - I've just agreed the price by e-mail).

If the Eos ain't selling and big discounts are on offer on the A4 Cab I might just wander down to Glasgow Audi at the weekend and see what they can do for me......or could one of your dealers give me 10% off an Eos ??

Cheers

PJG

neh321
01-09-2006, 02:31 PM
Don't think you can really compare the Eos with the A4 Cabriolet (although plenty of motoring hacks try to) as they're really from different classes. You wouldnt compare a Saab Convertible with a Megane so why compare an Eos and and A4?

There's nothing at all wrong with an A4 Cabriolet and if that's what you want go and get it. You'll get a bigger car with a smaller engine and less equipment than in a comparably-priced Eos but you'll still get a great car.

It all depends on what you want and why you want it!

Personally I need the performance of my Eos 2.0 T-FSi so would need a much pricier A4 to give me the same excitement. Also a Hardtop and a Soft-top are fundamentally different.

You pay your money and you make your choice.

Sparkster
01-09-2006, 03:54 PM
Sorry, but I think you're wrong about that...

Lets take the 200ps tfsi engines on both cars....S-Line(Audi) & Sport(VW).

The difference per month to lease these vehicles is about £35 per month on a 36 month deal.....To me that equates to roughly £1200 over the period.

Bear in mind that there's around £5k difference between list prices...

I thank you....:Blush2:

neh321
01-09-2006, 04:39 PM
So why am I wrong?

That's exactly my point. If I were to spend the £23087 an Eos 2.0 T-FSi costs on an A4 Cabriolet instead I would only get a basic 1.8 (and that's assuming a £2600 discount) - not a comparable car in terms of performance or equipment.

To get the same performance and equipment I would need at least the 2.0 T-FSi S-Line for £29777 (or maybe I could get away with the Sport for only £28127?) less of course any discount. So again, not a comparable car as its otr price is £6690 more. And it would only have a fabric roof..

As I said - great car, but it's a size bigger and doesn't really compete with the Eos. I can only talk purchase prices as I've never leased a car.

Sparkster
01-09-2006, 04:48 PM
So, lease then.

Protects you from depreciation and allows you to take advantage of Audi high residule values.....Hence the small difference in price between the two cars.

Never mind....I can see you're not with me on this....

You wouldn't catch me cash purchasing a car like an Eos, because there are no ways of you knowing how it will be worth in say 3 years when you want a new car....Let the leasing companies take the gamble.....If you put it onto a contract purchase, you would get a guaranteed future value which protects your interests.

Have a nice weekend!
:biglaugh:

neh321
01-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Understand the advantages of leasing.

Unfortunately would still get horribly clobbered by the Taxman for driving a £30K car so couldn't afford an A4 T-FSI Cabriolet even leasing it..

C'est la vie..