PDA

View Full Version : About to push the button - new order

P13TR0
11-04-2016, 12:27 PM
Hi All,

Newbie to the world of the Q7 here. I am about to press the button on a new order today or tomorrow. I am keen to see if anyone has any advice on the deal and options:

OPTIONS:

Technology Pack
Dynamic Pack
Reversing Camera
Bose
Valcona Leather
Memory/ dimming mirrors
Ambient Lighting (for the Mrs)

I would be keen to hear thoughts on the park assist and side assist options?

Any thoughts on 21" vs 20" wheels?

Finally, I have an offer of 14.6% discount off the ROTR - Is this good, bad or average? It seems that most dealers have a lot of spec amendable cars going into build, so I am keen that the discount should fully reflect the apparent lack of demand.

Thanks all.

Papereyes
11-04-2016, 01:17 PM
That through drive the deal? Seems like the best price I could find as well. if u pm me you want to know the dealer as there's a few nuances to the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andyhud007
11-04-2016, 01:28 PM
Hi All,

Newbie to the world of the Q7 here. I am about to press the button on a new order today or tomorrow. I am keen to see if anyone has any advice on the deal and options:

OPTIONS:

Technology Pack
Dynamic Pack
Reversing Camera
Bose
Valcona Leather
Memory/ dimming mirrors

Finally, I have an offer of 14.6% discount off the ROTR - Is this good, bad or average? It seems that most dealers have a lot of spec amendable cars going into build, so I am keen that the discount should fully reflect the apparent lack of demand.

Thanks all.

Welcome!

Can't commend on the deal but the spec you have is good.

If you can stretch the park park or park pack advanced then do it. I have the 360 Degree view in Park Park and its excellent.

There was another thread discussing wheels. I think if you go 21's then Air Suspension is advantageous (which you get in tech pack I believe).

Cheers

Andy

P13TR0
11-04-2016, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Do you find the self parking useful? I am not sure if I would use that feature and that means £1000 seemed pretty steep for the surround camera. This will be my wife's car, so I am tempted with the park assist as it will may make her life easier.

How do people get on with the 360 parking sensors - does it pick up kerbs?

Nemo78
11-04-2016, 01:32 PM
Hi All,

OPTIONS:

Technology Pack
Dynamic Pack
Reversing Camera
Bose
Valcona Leather
Memory/ dimming mirrors

Thanks all.

Good spec and a decent overall deal....but I would hold off a couple of days and see if you can get a MY17 brochure as some new packs are out especially when it comes to cameras and side assist etc

P13TR0
11-04-2016, 01:34 PM
Ahh - thanks for the heads up on the new packs. I will do some digging before I place the order.

andyhud007
11-04-2016, 01:35 PM
I agree with Nemo, you'll find some new options becoming available soon

The 360 Camera is very good IMO, I love the whole view around the car, its very clever. I have used the self parking, its good, it works but I doubt I'll use it that often.

If you have memory wing mirrors the passenger mirror will dip to look at the kerb when you stick the car in reverse anyway.. that always helps

P13TR0
12-04-2016, 05:23 PM
Has anyone tried air suspension vs steel sprung..... The car I test drive had air, but it wasn't "magic carpet" like the Cayenne. Just wondering if it is even worth having it?

andyhud007
12-04-2016, 05:35 PM
I have a loan Q7 right now while a couple of bits are sorted on mine. I've noticed it straight away. (mine has air / loan doesnt), I think my car is much smoother.

Plus you don't get the "all-road" drive select option.

Nemo78
12-04-2016, 07:17 PM
Plus you don't get the "all-road" drive select option.

I've been playing with the drive select in last fortnight...surprised to see that Efficiency mode for me is the least efficient for me. Dynamic has been the most efficient....more fun too [emoji5]

chrisjerman
12-04-2016, 08:54 PM
I agree with Nemo, you'll find some new options becoming available soon

The 360 Camera is very good IMO, I love the whole view around the car, its very clever. I have used the self parking, its good, it works but I doubt I'll use it that often.

If you have memory wing mirrors the passenger mirror will dip to look at the kerb when you stick the car in reverse anyway.. that always helps

You don't even need the memory mirrors for this , mine does it with the standard mirrors :-)

andyhud007
13-04-2016, 10:19 AM
I think your right, I think you just need memory seats?