PDA

View Full Version : B8 R Line headlight and high beam bulb recommendations?

MattB247
10-04-2016, 09:17 PM
Hi

expecting my new non-LED R to turn up soon, I've already seen the excellent how-to to change the DRL's to LED which I'll be following and I'll also look to swap the headlight bulbs from the standard halogen. Does anybody have a recommendation for which good, clean, bright bulbs are recommended that don't bring up any faults, and is it just the main and high beam that needs replacing or are there any others I need to do at the same time to get the full set?

Thanks!

technik
12-04-2016, 08:06 PM
You'll need to change your fog lights if you want the full LED experience. Not sure what bulb type they are but if you follow the "excellent" ��LED guide you'll be able to check it out easily. I'd recommend getting Canbus equivalent bulbs from Autobulbs Direct. the Canbus resistors are built in and should stop any faults.

do some before and afters!

bigsteve102
16-04-2016, 05:33 PM
Hi, I've just fitted the Osram nighgtbreaker unlimited H7 to my GT, I've only fitted them to the dip beam. Very easy to do. They give a much whiter light, not driven much at night yet but the look is a lot brighter and cleaner

kenny_boon
21-05-2016, 09:35 AM
Getting a new 2016 Passat r via company, what headlights do they have as standard spec?

brayj2
10-11-2016, 08:26 AM
Hi, I've just fitted the Osram nighgtbreaker unlimited H7 to my GT, I've only fitted them to the dip beam. Very easy to do. They give a much whiter light, not driven much at night yet but the look is a lot brighter and cleaner

Hi mate, sorry to drag up an old post but do you have any info on how to change the dipped beam in the main cluster on the B8 Passat? I have done the DRLs to LED but would like to change all the halogens aswell.
Is the Bulb accessible from the engine bay or do you need to go through wheel arch?

Cheers

Jamie

hudson0804
07-08-2018, 06:47 PM
Im replying (necro) to this because it comes up when searching for B8 passat headlight bulbs.

To access the back of the light cluster theres is a panel in the wheel arch which once removed gives access.

Be careful with this panel as I snapped both of mine doing the bulbs for the first time.

H