PDA

View Full Version : Front 12v power socket question

helgawb
10-04-2016, 12:13 PM
Hi there, I have an 05 Alhambra Stylance 1.9TDi, and I am trying to use a Dab radio adapter which plugs into the 12 volt cigarette socket (30376
The problem I am having is that the socket appears to be permanently live, and I was hoping to leave the Dab unit in place, without plugging in and out all the time when I leave the car. Can anyone conform if the front 12v socket is permanent live, or does it time out at some point, or is there a way of changing it to ignition live? Many thanks

landrover
13-04-2016, 04:09 PM
The front 12v socket in my 2008 stylance is permanently live. I use it to charge sat nav or phone so I now that it does not time out. Just out of curiosity what DAB adapter have you bought and does it work OK, I am thinking of getting one myself.

landrover
13-04-2016, 04:14 PM
The front 12v socket in my 2008 Stylance is permanently live, you could fit a small switch to turn it off when you do not require it. I use it to charge my phone or sat nav so I now that it does not time out. Just out of curiosity what DAB adapter do you have and does it work OK - I am thinking of getting one myself.

helgawb
13-04-2016, 07:52 PM
Ok thanks, that's good to know, yes I will fit a switch. The Dab adapter is quite good, it is a radio transmitter so you pick up the Dab signal on a radio frequency, so if you have ever used a transmitter you know there is consequently a slight loss in quality. But given that it us very easy and there is no installation involved as with other dab adapters.