PDA

View Full Version : MY17 Q7 Changes

Nemo78
09-04-2016, 02:37 PM
Hi Guys got some details from my dealers so thought would put it all here rather gan hidden in the June delivery threads

New standard specification
All Q7 cars built from MY17 will come with Audi smartphone interface (7A7) and Audi Connect safety & service (IW3) as standard.

Changes to Q7 pricing
In addition to the changes above there will be a price increase for the Q7 range at MY17.

Discontinued
CS6 20” ' 5 -arm offroad design' matt titanium look gloss turned finish alloys

Audi Connect (1 year subscription)
Currently until further notice free 3 month trial can be extended FOC

New
All except etron
Style pack includes
Ambient lighting, Running boards & Panoramic glass sunroof WB0 £2200

Black styling pack 4ZD £700 Only available in conjunction with black roof rails . Not available with night black nor orca black metallic paint.

Running boards QT7 £950
Not available with All Wheel Steering (0N5)

Parking Pack Plus includes:
Rear view camera, side assist, pre-sense basic & rear, Rear traffic crossing, Exit warning. PCM £1000

New All Garnet Red, Pearl effect 9C9C £675

elrao
09-04-2016, 10:36 PM
Probably too late for me to change the panoramic roof to the style pack, and retain my16 prices.

Will be a kicker to add the running boards and end up paying £2650 for 2 parts of the pack.

Papereyes
10-04-2016, 05:30 AM
I wonder is the parking pack advanced I ordered comes down in price? Effectively with the parking pack plus vs the old parking pack advances your paying 800 for the 360 degree view, unless I'm missing something else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMB7
10-04-2016, 08:10 AM
The new parking pack seems a strange one. New code so possibly offered alongside the two existing ones?
It doesn't include the parking assist which carries out parking manoeuvres for you either Papereyes.

Papereyes
10-04-2016, 08:54 AM
Any idea what the Black styling pack would include?

Also did the dealer mention about an option on TPMS to display the temperatures of the wheels?
Just seen this as a 300 Euro option on the German audi site.

Nemo78
10-04-2016, 09:08 AM
Any idea what the Black styling pack would include?

Also did the dealer mention about an option on TPMS to display the temperatures of the wheels?
Just seen this as a 300 Euro option on the German audi site.

Nothing mentioned re TPMS temps etc.

The black styling pack will be the grille, window surrounds and potentially that Quattro side sill.

It was available for a short time in October/November before being pulled away and reintroduced for MY17. Strange thing though that you can't have with a black car as that would look immense

Papereyes
10-04-2016, 09:45 AM
Prob saving for a black edition at some point.

andyhud007
10-04-2016, 11:58 AM
Nothing mentioned re TPMS temps etc.

The black styling pack will be the grille, window surrounds and potentially that Quattro side sill.

It was available for a short time in October/November before being pulled away and reintroduced for MY17. Strange thing though that you can't have with a black car as that would look immense
That's what I had done but not the official black edition. Matte black wrapped car, blacked everything else. Just need to change audi rings on front grille and rear boot to black.

Papereyes
10-04-2016, 12:05 PM
Andy, Matte black wrapped that must look the nuts. You got some photos?

andyhud007
10-04-2016, 12:24 PM
Andy, Matte black wrapped that must look the nuts. You got some photos?

Yep check my gallery pics under my name mate

andyhud007
10-04-2016, 05:38 PM
Cheers Nemo. I defo want the running boards on their own (0N5). Do you know if they are orderable into the UK yet?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Nemo78
11-04-2016, 10:44 AM
Cheers Nemo. I defo want the running boards on their own (0N5). Do you know if they are orderable into the UK yet?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Not yet...still not released by factory and they think it's summer time they should get?

andyhud007
11-04-2016, 11:02 AM
ok cool, thanks Nemo. I'll keep on my dealer too. Appreciate info

Andy

elrao
12-04-2016, 02:36 PM
I asked about upgrading from pan roof to style pack (+£300 for running boards and ambient light pack...!!), my dealer is trying but until the MY17 details are pushed out to the dealer on the system they can't make the change. So may be too late for me to amend.

Papereyes
12-04-2016, 08:23 PM
So got this alongside the q7 changes which I thought might be of interest to those amending orders.

Audi UK will start to convert orders to MY17 specification when all production has been filled for MY16 (up to and including week 21). This may vary from model to model because of production weeks and lead times. Wherever possible, customer orders will be built as MY16 if ordered as MY16. Where it is not possible to build an MY16 vehicle the order will be converted to MY17 and any adjustments to optional specification will be made on a car-by-car basis to secure the best value for the customer. Centres should check customer orders that have been converted and flag any discrepancies before the vehicle is confirmed for build with the sales office.
Any demonstrator, showroom and stock orders (order types 05, 06, 07) that are on wait list will be deleted from the system. Customer order types on wait list (order types 00 to 04) will be converted to MY17 but will remain on the wait list until the Centre has available quota.
Price protection
Retail orders: Customer-tagged orders submitted as MY16 will be price-protected at the existing retail price if built as MY17. Any new retail orders for the above models ordered as MY17 will have the new retail price.

Nemo78
18-04-2016, 07:07 PM
Order books for MY17 open tomorrow

Gyro
18-04-2016, 07:46 PM
Order books for MY17 open tomorrow

Does that mean the SQ7 will be open to order too tomorrow, do you know? Dealer is staying tight lipped but Audi UK on Twitter told me that first deliveries will be in August so I suspect the order book will need to open any day.

Nemo78
18-04-2016, 08:26 PM
Does that mean the SQ7 will be open to order too tomorrow, do you know? Dealer is staying tight lipped but Audi UK on Twitter told me that first deliveries will be in August so I suspect the order book will need to open any day.

Oooh didn't tell me that but then I didn't ask...I suspect if it's open tomorrow we should expect new brochure which will be a clue

elrao
20-04-2016, 09:43 PM
According to my dealer they still can't order an my17. Same on website configurator.

Bathurst
22-04-2016, 09:53 AM
just as a side note, the Audi Q7 has been removed from the drive the deal website (its been over a week now), I guess when it re-appears the order books will be open and new spec/packages can be viewed.

Its a bit easier to check every few days than waiting for your dealer to come back to you....

Papereyes
22-04-2016, 12:50 PM
Spoke to my dealer, he's told me the my17 won't be Available to order til may.

Nemo78
22-04-2016, 04:01 PM
Spoke to my dealer, he's told me the my17 won't be Available to order til may.

Wonder why I was told different? Could be they've sold their own MY16 allocations but obv not putting through new orders and holding them etc

A7_UFO
26-04-2016, 05:04 PM
My Q7 goes into build next week with the discontinued 20" 5 arm off-road alloys. I tried to change the wheels to 21"s a month ago and the dealer said it was too late. No wonder they wouldn't let me change them.

Papereyes
26-04-2016, 10:59 PM
Really they should have allowed you to change it. My dealer says I can still change now without incurring the price increase, but once my17 is available I'll have to pay the new 700 gbp increase

Nemo78
27-04-2016, 06:27 AM
Really they should have allowed you to change it. My dealer says I can still change now without incurring the price increase, but once my17 is available I'll have to pay the new 700 gbp increase

What's your build week? I am guessing that as A7s car is in build next week the system to amend would be locked for him. Normally locks out 3/4 weeks pre build.

Was same on my original Q7 where I couldn't change spec as it had locked out.

srbsq7
27-04-2016, 09:27 AM
My Q7 goes into build next week with the discontinued 20" 5 arm off-road alloys. I tried to change the wheels to 21"s a month ago and the dealer said it was too late. No wonder they wouldn't let me change them.

Mine is scheduled for next week and I think it went to status 20 (confirmed build week) around the 4th April. I presume this means the order can't be amended too?

Nemo78
27-04-2016, 09:29 AM
Mine is scheduled for next week and I think it went to status 20 (confirmed build week) around the 4th April. I presume this means the order can't be amended too?

Spot on....as soon as it hits Order Status 20 or 'Preparation' on the tracker the order can't be amended.

Some dealer may allow you to re-order but then you go to the back of the queue if that makes sense

A7_UFO
27-04-2016, 10:05 AM
I can understand locking an order for material differences to the spec - such as colour, leather, electronics etc....but seems a bit tight to say you can't change your mind on wheel selection.

A7_UFO
27-04-2016, 10:06 AM
I tried to look up my order through the myaudi link but the page kept saying forbidden 404 access, or similar. Is the enquiry number on the order sheet the order number that I should search by?

jamief
27-04-2016, 10:18 AM
I can understand locking an order for material differences to the spec - such as colour, leather, electronics etc....but seems a bit tight to say you can't change your mind on wheel selection.

The factory presumably stores only the parts it needs for confirmed builds. Locking builds is a sensible way to simplify their logistical chain. If they allowed "non material" changes they'd still need a mechanism to swap out certain parts right up to actual build date which I can imagine would be quite complex.

Bathurst
27-04-2016, 10:26 AM
I tried to look up my order through the myaudi link but the page kept saying forbidden 404 access, or similar. Is the enquiry number on the order sheet the order number that I should search by?

This caught me out once, make sure you are logged in to your audi dashboard tracker before trying, it will work after that...until you next get logged out.

A7_UFO
27-04-2016, 10:39 AM
The factory presumably stores only the parts it needs for confirmed builds. Locking builds is a sensible way to simplify their logistical chain. If they allowed "non material" changes they'd still need a mechanism to swap out certain parts right up to actual build date which I can imagine would be quite complex.

I understand that, doesn't stop it from being frustrating though. The salesman told us we could still make changes and he'd notify us of the lock in date - unfortunately this didn't happen and the wheels we wanted to change from are now the discontinued MY16 variety.

On the upside (there's always one), it means we won't see other Q7s with the same wheel.

srbsq7
27-04-2016, 01:26 PM
...and you've saved £550 and will get an extra 2mpg!

dghdgh
27-04-2016, 01:40 PM
Someone is selling a set of wheels on eBay with 40 or so mile done on them, if that sorts out your problem if the wrong wheels. I will buy your set for a tenner if you want. Lol

Papereyes
28-04-2016, 08:47 PM
Think they added some more accessories on the Audi configurator, puddle lights (Quattro and four rings) £77 and led rear lights £480

maxw
28-04-2016, 10:06 PM
Them Audi ring puddle lights have been on there for about couple of months same as the exprsso

Papereyes
28-04-2016, 10:09 PM
Must of missed it. Soz

maxw
29-04-2016, 02:27 AM
The aftermarket ones on eBay not sure if they work as good and if there plug and play

andyhud007
29-04-2016, 08:36 AM
Think they added some more accessories on the Audi configurator, puddle lights (Quattro and four rings) £77 and led rear lights £480

Puddle lights are straight swap of the modules you get as standard which then display the rings or quattro logo. £77 is pretty step though

The rear tinted lights are on ebay from Audi Dealers selling them (genuine articles)

Here are a couple of pics of them fitted. I was going to get them but I prefer the contrast colour of a black Q7 against the standard lights, so I'm leaving them as is

+ if you dont have dynamic sweep indicators you need a £12 cable per side extra.

Thakey17
29-04-2016, 01:45 PM
I get what you're saying with the contrast. I did however order some as I've ordered a Daytona Grey car with "fingers crossed" a Black Pack, so thought they'd look good in contrast with the grey. I saw a Daytona Grey car at another dealers with them fitted and quite liked them. The dealer did say however as it's an accessory not an option I could get a refund if I'm not happy with them.

andyhud007
29-04-2016, 01:53 PM
Yep, its absolutely an accessory and to be fair I think your right, on the Grey it looks better than on the black. Thanks for sharing.

Damn you, now I need to see if I want them on my Matte black which has slight shade of grey in it! :aargh4:

Skippy73
29-04-2016, 01:53 PM
I get what you're saying with the contrast. I did however order some as I've ordered a Daytona Grey car with "fingers crossed" a Black Pack, so thought they'd look good in contrast with the grey. I saw a Daytona Grey car at another dealers with them fitted and quite liked them. The dealer did say however as it's an accessory not an option I could get a refund if I'm not happy with them.

I agree looks good in the grey. 👍

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thakey17
29-04-2016, 02:06 PM
We'll see when it arrives but as I've only just ordered it I've got a long wait. I've also spec'd the 21" Titanium wheels so hopefully it should look fantastic. :biglaugh:

Nemo78
29-04-2016, 06:49 PM

Really does transform the look of the car..I can't work out if I like them or if they make the car look (I'm sorry to say this) 'cheap'

Thakey17
29-04-2016, 07:29 PM
Really does transform the look of the car..I can't work out if I like them or if they make the car look (I'm sorry to say this) 'cheap'

I get where you are coming from. My dealer said they reminded him of the old "Lexus" style lights that all the boy racers used to put on their cars... ha ha. I'm just going to see what it's like when the car arrives. The missus really likes them, so I guess I don't really have a say in it. :confused:

Nemo78
29-04-2016, 07:56 PM
I get where you are coming from. My dealer said they reminded him of the old "Lexus" style lights that all the boy racers used to put on their cars... ha ha. I'm just going to see what it's like when the car arrives. The missus really likes them, so I guess I don't really have a say in it. :confused:

Wait if the wife likes them then that's a result and no brainier.

Out of interest do they do the darkened lens for the bottom bumper lights?

Poor comparison [emoji23]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160429/66ca3f1bd20553e40b70badac6f08365.jpg

Thakey17
29-04-2016, 08:46 PM
No, just the main lens. I do think it would look better with the darker bottom too.

maxw
29-04-2016, 09:28 PM
Looks much better than in the book

dont really know why Audi charge mind as its not an extra just a change

but must say looks nice its suits that colour more than it would my sepang blue

andyhud007
30-04-2016, 06:51 AM
No, just the main lens. I do think it would look better with the darker bottom too.

Yup, if they did both then I would consider it also, it looks great on the grey I admit, but the complete look would be better for the bumper lights too

Make sure you get your original lights when you pick the car up assuming the dealer is going to swap them over. The dark tinted ones come in a box straight to dealer (not at factory) so make sure you have your originals!

Q7NewBee
03-05-2016, 10:23 AM
Hi Guys

Like others I have been using the background tracker to track the progress. I booked the car on 26th Feb and since March end the background tracker has been showing build week 22 and model year 16 but this morning when I checked the tracker its showing build year 17 but the build week has moved to week 31.I got some extra incentives from Audi provided I take the delivery before 30th June I am hoping they don't withdraw them as the car won't go into production up until August. Anyone experienced this ??
Also the my Audi page now shows Audi Q7 / Q8 - AU536 not sure if Q8 was there earlier

Papereyes
03-05-2016, 11:30 AM
Hi Guys

Like others I have been using the background tracker to track the progress. I booked the car on 26th Feb and since March end the background tracker has been showing build week 22 and model year 16 but this morning when I checked the tracker its showing build year 17 but the build week has moved to week 31.I got some extra incentives from Audi provided I take the delivery before 30th June I am hoping they don't withdraw them as the car won't go into production up until August. Anyone experienced this ??
Also the my Audi page now shows Audi Q7 / Q8 - AU536 not sure if Q8 was there earlier

Same here, my car is still waiting a build week but i saw the same as new, i posted an earlier thread on this and think its due to the fact that our cars are now being built as part of MY17.
JMB007 responded to my question and he's in the MY16 build week and doesn't see the same changes that you and I have.

I think you still get the benefit of any delaer contributions from finance (spoke to my dealer about this and he said as long as its in their system them the deposits are price protected as well).
If you paid for the smartphone interface then make sure dealer gives you the defund back (if you didn't you then get this for free)

Downside is that any changes now means you have to incur MY2017 price increase (700GBP) so your now locked in with your spec.

Did you also notice that your factory has changed.

I'm still at the welcome stage and it says welcome to Inglostdat (whereas before it said welcome to Bratislavia)

Cheers

Q7NewBee
03-05-2016, 11:57 AM
Cheers Papereyes.

I am also at the welcome stage & Yes the factory has changed to Inglostdat from Bratislava. I had added ambient light package in the options but now I can't see it in the configuration, it will be a shame if they have missed it.

I was thrilled to notice the change in model year but it also means the delivery date has been pushed by over 2 months. Nice to know Smart phone interface is standard so £350 back in my pocket :)

Anymore freebies in the list??

Papereyes
03-05-2016, 12:17 PM
You might want to check with your dealer when they said they would add in the ambient light package, as the system they use to order is frozen for MY16 ordered models.
If you make a change now it will come as a MY17 ordered car and thus incur the 700GBP price increase, I tried to get my steering wheel changed from 4 to 3 spoke, but got told this can't happen now without incurring the additional charge

In terms of standard spec changes as per Nemo's earlier post:

"All Q7 cars built from MY17 will come with Audi smartphone interface (7A7) and Audi Connect safety & service (IW3) as standard."

So the only cost paying option was the smartphone interface

Nemo78
07-06-2016, 10:44 PM
Finally we have the MY17 brochure

https://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/audi/production/PDF/PriceAndSpecGuides/q7.pdf

andyhud007
08-06-2016, 09:22 AM
85 litre tank used to be £115 now free as well as the 24litre AdBlue... Weird..

I wonder if I can trade my Q7 in and start an upgrade to the Sq7. lol