PDA

View Full Version : Semi-rigid or flexible?

YawnGumbo
07-04-2016, 04:10 PM
I am of course talking about boot liners. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of the VW branded bootliners for the Passat estate? If so then should I got for the cheaper flexible one or the more expensive semi-rigid one? It's really difficult to tell from the picture what the difference is. Basically I'm looking to protect the boot from when I put the dog in there, put dirty luggage, boots, kids bikes, that kind of thing. I'm thinking the semi-rigid one, but just wondering if you have any experience and if the flexible one would actually be good enough.

Thanks.

StumblingTrout
09-04-2016, 09:59 AM
I have the £45 one that is advertised on the configurator. It's OK for luggage and makes it easy to get into the storage compartment under the boot floor.

It's not as good as the one we have in our Volvo XC60 which is rigid and has sides, but that was £140.

If you don't get one with sides, be prepared to get dog hair on the carpeted areas on the side of your boot! We have a hairy border collie and that's my only complaint with the flexible flat one.

YawnGumbo
11-04-2016, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the info. We have a hairy border collie as well, so I may just go for the semi-rigid one and hope it has the sides.

Cheers.