PDA

View Full Version : Please Help BXE Leon REMAP

creesteN
06-04-2016, 09:08 PM
Hey guys. I have a couple of questions.

I bought a Leon, 58 plate, 110k miles two days ago. Everything seems alright, although I haven't yet checked or inspected anything in detail in terms of the engine.

This is also my first diesel car, and I would like to remap it. It feels nippy, but the extra power is very interesting.

It's 105bhp.

Now. Here's the problem. This is a BXE code engine. Apparently these were very very faulty with the conrods. Am I safe at this mileage now, considering most die pretty early? Will a remap affect this and speed it up the fault if it will occur?

How safe is remapping? I don't know the current state of the clutch. Will it die on me?

Where should I do it around Manchester?

Thanks, and sorry for so many questions.

Guest 2
06-04-2016, 09:11 PM
I've had my 1.9 105 BLS mapped for 60k, it's now on 140k and no issues.

If the car is serviced correctly there should be no issues. My clutch and DMF was replaced due to the flywheel juddering at about 110k.

creesteN
06-04-2016, 09:16 PM
You're a lucky one to have the BLS one. I have the BXE one with the common flying conrod issue. Do you reckon this will put strain on the conrods and make it a more likely possibility to happen? How much gain did you get?

Is there any way of telling if my clutch is in good state? I just bought the car.

And where do you recommend me to do my map? I live in Manchester. I'm considering AwesomeGTI.

Guest 2
06-04-2016, 09:19 PM
As far as I'm aware BLS and BXE are quite alike, the BLS has a DPF whereas the BXE doesn't.

It rolling roaded at 148bhp but I've had the car since 20k so I know it's a good healthy engine.

Does the flywheel judder when you release the clutch? Does it slip in 4th/5th at low revs? If not then I'd say it's good.

I'm nowhere near Manchester but things I've heard about AwesomeGTI have all been good.

creesteN
06-04-2016, 09:24 PM
As far as I'm aware BLS and BXE are quite alike, the BLS has a DPF whereas the BXE doesn't.

It rolling roaded at 148bhp but I've had the car since 20k so I know it's a good healthy engine.

Does the flywheel judder when you release the clutch? Does it slip in 4th/5th at low revs? If not then I'd say it's good.

I'm nowhere near Manchester but things I've heard about AwesomeGTI have all been good.

Was your map generic or custom? Do you recall? They offer a generic 1.9tdi remap for this engine at 150. Another 66 for rolling road (not sure if I want to).

The clutch though, seems fine, there is some vibration in the pedal when I release it, but this could be me just panicing and not being used to a new car? I didn't notice any clutch slipping.

Apparently flywheel was done before I bought the car.

Guest 2
06-04-2016, 09:27 PM
It was a Revo map which in hindsight, is generic.

creesteN
06-04-2016, 09:32 PM
Cheers Chris. I'll go get it done then.

creesteN
11-04-2016, 09:01 PM
Hi guys again.

I want to get this remap done. I'm choosing between companies around Manchester (I'm based here). I looked a AwesomeGTI APR remap, for 150gbp and at P-troque for 295 including dyno and poweruns. The p-torque one is custom. Is it worth the extra money do you reckon?

Guest 2
11-04-2016, 09:04 PM
Imo no, only if you have custom turbo etc. The generic map will be more than enough for a standard car.

creesteN
11-04-2016, 09:28 PM
Imo no, only if you have custom turbo etc. The generic map will be more than enough for a standard car.

Is it not true that APR would be much less smooth and more agressive than a custom?

Guest 2
11-04-2016, 09:33 PM
Any map on a 1.9 PD will never be totally smooth lol