PDA

View Full Version : vw tiguan 2013 three buttons by interior light what are they for?

turboextreme
05-04-2016, 08:48 PM
Just purchased a nice vw tiguan on a 13 registration whilst familiarising myself with the controls and various functions I've noticed that there are three black buttons on the panel by the front interior light one has a star shape on it. Does anyone know what these are for and what they do as its not in the manual any advice appreciated.

Sam
06-04-2016, 08:46 AM
Welcome to VWAF :)

Star - voice control
I - VW Information
Spanner - VW Assist.

The latter two will only work if you have a paired phone, the former will only work if you have voice control.

I don't believe these are detailed in the main manual, instead they should be in the separate 'phone provision manual. If you don't have phone prep. obviously you won't have the additional manual.

turboextreme
06-04-2016, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the reply my tiguan has the phone connection which i paired with the car. I noticed that vw even added the nice touch of displaying the phones battery state on screen.

Sam
07-04-2016, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the reply my tiguan has the phone connection which i paired with the car. I noticed that vw even added the nice touch of displaying the phones battery state on screen.

Clever isn't it, you should also see the 'phone signal level somewhere too.

Best to play with it all while parked up rather than in motion, there's been a few occasions where I've driven and not remembered a single part of a journey due to 'discovering' new things.